Going to TT,S100,MGP?????

Forum from the scary world or road racing!
Sheep24
Chopper
Current Ride: Kawasaki ER6supertwin & super stock 675R

Going to TT,S100,MGP?????

Post by Sheep24 »

Borrowed from another website.
Important Notice to all possible visitors to the Isle of Man this year.

You will now have to take out private Health insurance before traveling to the Island, if you don't and have an accident then YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY for any Medical treatments and repatriation home.

I am not sure if this is for racers or public???????
Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Re: Going to TT,S100,MGP?????

Post by Borntobewild »

Think it's aimed at the public. It may actually curb some of the scary nutters riding stints.
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Post by steve »

i read about this last week , i think your right C , apparently any emergency treatment is free but if you need further treatment after that you will be charged a fortune unless your covered with insurance , maybe this will deter the "nutters" but i doubt it , they have probably introduced this due to the large amount of crashes last year

its come about due to a break down in an agreement between the isle of man government and our government , it also means any islander needing treatment on the mainland faces the same charges

im still trying to figure out how folks kept crashing at windy corner when its got a 40 limit , there was also quite a few crashes at the 32nd (prob cos they bottled it)
Rick_1138
QVC
Current Ride: (Picking up) 2009 Triumph Street Triple!

Post by Rick_1138 »

I read about this last week.

I think my bank account gives insurance or offers it, I will check apparently tbs is good, my folks had to use it and got all their cash back.
Newbus
Chopper
Current Ride: Triumph Triple

Post by Newbus »

Are they trying to kill off the TT all together. Each time i go back to the TT i seem to find more
things to say to myself ,Is it worth going back anymore . Ever increasing Prices,Poor quality accomodation,Road restrictions, Now private health care . (What next ) ???? .

:( :( :( :( .

If it was not for the good times we have over there i would never go back. :boozer :boozer
Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Post by Borntobewild »

Newbus wrote:Are they trying to kill off the TT all together. Each time i go back to the TT i seem to find more
things to say to myself ,Is it worth going back anymore . Ever increasing Prices,Poor quality accomodation,Road restrictions, Now private health care . (What next ) ???? .

If it was not for the good times we have over there i would never go back. :boozer :boozer

Thought you weren't going back again anyway, due to them enforcing more and more road restrictions, killing off a lot of the entertainment, putting up more and more viewing restrictions, Etc., etc., etc.
:freebird
I do agree about the accomodation I think they need some good Travel Lodges or Premier Inns to provide the bikers with some kinda half decent accomodation.
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Post by steve »

doogle
Baw Bag
Current Ride: ZXR750L2,CBR600FX

Post by doogle »

Borntobewild wrote:
Newbus wrote:Are they trying to kill off the TT all together. Each time i go back to the TT i seem to find more

Thought you weren't going back again anyway, due to them enforcing more and more road restrictions, killing off a lot of the entertainment, putting up more and more viewing restrictions, Etc., etc., etc.
:freebird
I do agree about the accomodation I think they need some good Travel Lodges or Premier Inns to provide the bikers with some kinda half decent accomodation.
im the same as you. i thought they would have had a premier inn or travel lodge by now. but after thnis year we wont be going back.
Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Post by Borntobewild »

That's a bummer for you guys. But like I say if they invested in decent accomodation it would make it so much more comfortable for the bikers.

Anyhoo enjoy yourselves this year - I hope the sun shines on you all and you have a great TT.
Sheep24
Chopper
Current Ride: Kawasaki ER6supertwin & super stock 675R

Post by Sheep24 »

a travel lodge wouldnt survive or it would put the B&B's out of business. There is the Hilton :confused
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Post by Coddy »

To get medical cover for 1-2 weeks is not expensive.
It's not as if you are having to join Bupa.
Get medical insurance from Boots.