Fairing Repair?

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
wolfman
Direct Access
Current Ride: Yam FZ1-S

Fairing Repair?

Post by wolfman »

Does anyone know of a company or individual who can do repairs to plastic fairings? I dropped the Fazer about 9 moths ago :oops and keep meaning to get it fixed, damage is not too bad, cracks round the indicator mounting and the edge worn down (need built up) and cracked. No bits missing.

Was thinking of having a go myself :boing but thought that if there was somewhere to take it they might be able to fix good as new for me.
yelloisfriedegg
Late Braker
Current Ride: 4 motion transporter or a pair of twintips

Post by yelloisfriedegg »

Bike paints in Cupar :-)

http://www.bikepaints.co.uk
missile
Candle in the wind.
Current Ride: Virtual rider

Post by missile »

I have repaired many cars and believe me that is much easier than bike plastics. It is a skilled job to repair plastics. A bodge up is easy, but very difficult to get a perfect finnish. You may find that it can work out cheaper to leave it to the experts.

As an alternative to Bike Paints you could try chips away. They come and do the job at your house / work place or wherever.

If you want to DIY, you may find it difficult to get the materials. Unlike car paint, you can't just pop round to Halfords :evil All the materials you need are available from RS Paints 01226 241126.
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

I posted a recommendation for Mike Stewart (Cove) just 2 days ago under 'Cheapest , Best Service etc..'. Can't find it now???????

Anyway, the chap welded my top fairing around the mirror mounting, filled and repaired my right hand fairing and resprayed the lot. Excellent job and a very reasonable price. Give him a call on 01224 871230.

I'll go and post the info again.............
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

Gazza wrote:I posted a recommendation for Mike Stewart (Cove) just 2 days ago under 'Cheapest , Best Service etc..'. Can't find it now???????

Anyway, the chap welded my top fairing around the mirror mounting, filled and repaired my right hand fairing and resprayed the lot. Excellent job and a very reasonable price. Give him a call on 01224 871230.

Did I miss something Gazze? Dis something happen to your lovely new 998?? :eek
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) wrote: Did I miss something Gazze? Dis something happen to your lovely new 998?? :eek
Low sided it coming out of the hairpin at Knockera few weeks back. Not too much damage, someone was smiling on me that day. Full story at:

http://www.aberdeenbikers.co.uk/phpBB2/ ... php?t=1560
wolfman
Direct Access
Current Ride: Yam FZ1-S

Post by wolfman »

Gazza wrote:I posted a recommendation for Mike Stewart (Cove) just 2 days ago under 'Cheapest , Best Service etc..'. Can't find it now???????

Thanks Gazza, I called Mike and spoke with him and he reckons he will be able to help me, I'll let you know how it turns out.