Fitting Heated Grips to a Fazer 600

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
ER5
Direct Access
Current Ride: Yamaha Fazer 600

Fitting Heated Grips to a Fazer 600

Post by ER5 »

I bought some heated grips off ebay (not Oxford). I had the Oxford ones on my last bike, but the ones on ebay were only £15 compared to about £50 for Oxford ones.

I was looking at the instructions on how to fit them, and they might as well be in chinese for all the good they are. They've obviously been badly translated, and make no sense.

My bike is a 1999 Yamahe Fazer 600. I've had a look round the fuse box under the seat, but am not sure what to connect them to.

The set-up has a blue (negative) cable with an eyelet on it, and a grey (positive) cable. Obviously I need to fit it so that it will only be on when the ignition is on.

Does anyone know how to fit these cables to save me the ususal £100 fee at a dealers?
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Re: Fitting Heated Grips to a Fazer 600

Post by al »

I would suggest powering them straight off the battery. If you need the circuit to be isolated when the power is off then you could rig up a relay.

You'll need to remember to connect the wires up the correct way though as they will operate as grip coolers if you get the wires swapped.

Just remember to switch them off.

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian).
Newbus
Chopper
Current Ride: Triumph Triple

Re: Fitting Heated Grips to a Fazer 600

Post by Newbus »

I have a set of Busters own heated grips on one bike and oxford on the other.
If i ever bought again i would definatly pay the higher price for the oxford ones as the oxford ones are better.
With the oxford latest ones you can connect them direct to battery and if per chance you forget to switch them off they switch off at about 11 volts saving your battery.