Would you?

For any non bike related banter .....
Zathos
Mr Magpie
Current Ride: Aprilia Tuono Factory R

Would you?

Post by Zathos »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33121165

How many of us would return to the 'day job' 1hr after breaking a leg in a workplace accident?

:worthy :worthy
Dickie
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: SV650, ER6 and a pikey van

Re: Would you?

Post by Dickie »

If the exertions of my day job were sitting behind a desk typing I could probably do it with both legs broken and an arm as well. Maybe a couple of ribs and a collarbone if there was some paracetamol to hand. :2up
Zathos
Mr Magpie
Current Ride: Aprilia Tuono Factory R

Post by Zathos »

Yea, but you couldn't handle the raw excitement of clicking a mouse all day....every day....
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

Crushed my foot in an accident braking it in three places on a Thursday night in 2009, back in work on the Monday (possibly not the best thing to do as it is still sore to walk on now).

Broke knuckles on my right hand. Bought a pair of Pathon HG three fingered gloves and cut the lining out so I could get my splinted hand in and ride to work.

Injured my right leg in a pushbike accidelt on a Saturday and back to work on the Monday. The hospital thought I had torn my cruciate ligament and were treating it as such with exercises. It was a tad painful but I did what I was told including putting my weight on it and walking without crutches. On week 10 had an MRI done and they said the the ligaments were fine but there was evidence of a fracture. An x-ray on week 12 confirmed I had actually fractured my leg.

As Dickie said, these days I am office based and don't get paid if I'm not working so if I have work to do and I am not endangering anyone by being there then I will do my best to get on with it and keep the wolves from the door.
Dickie
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: SV650, ER6 and a pikey van

Post by Dickie »

Lack of sick pay is a great motivator to go to work. I'm slightly disappointed in myself that I didn't take more Torry holidays when I was paid for skiving (especially the old 'If you're off on a Monday you can't go back on a Tuesday becuase they'll know you were at it' theory).
Coully
Knee Flapper
Current Ride: 1988 CBR 600FL jellymould Gone
1990 VFR 750FL - Gone
1999 VFR 800Fix -Gone
2006 K1200s

Post by Coully »

had a (what i thought) pretty nasty back spasm a few years back after a game of rugby,... no warm down!!!!
Getting on and off my vfr was a chore and I had to kneel at my desk for a week till i could actually find it easy enough to sit.
ideally I should have signed off but i figured being active and going to work was a better idea than potentially sitting/lying at home which i could have done
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) wrote:Crushed my foot in an accident braking it in three places on a Thursday night in 2009, back in work on the Monday (possibly not the best thing to do as it is still sore to walk on now).

Broke knuckles on my right hand. Bought a pair of Pathon HG three fingered gloves and cut the lining out so I could get my splinted hand in and ride to work.

Injured my right leg in a pushbike accidelt on a Saturday and back to work on the Monday. The hospital thought I had torn my cruciate ligament and were treating it as such with exercises. It was a tad painful but I did what I was told including putting my weight on it and walking without crutches. On week 10 had an MRI done and they said the the ligaments were fine but there was evidence of a fracture. An x-ray on week 12 confirmed I had actually fractured my leg.

As Dickie said, these days I am office based and don't get paid if I'm not working so if I have work to do and I am not endangering anyone by being there then I will do my best to get on with it and keep the wolves from the door.
You wor lucky!

When ah wor a lad ah used ta brek both legs evree neet afowa bed 'n then bathe in boilin hot wattah. I'd gerr up int' mornin, sup a cup o' suphuric acid 'n then dad 'ood crush orl uz fingers int' door jam. I'd crawl ta work on uz 'ands 'n knees 'n usually get run o'a twice on't way.

'N you try 'n tell t' young fowk o' today n thee won't beleev yer.