2019.. Plans For The Year?

For any non bike related banter .....
Zathos
Mr Magpie
Current Ride: Aprilia Tuono Factory R

2019.. Plans For The Year?

Post by Zathos »

So as the year seems to be starting with nice weather what plans do we have to road based shenanigans this year?

Personally I plan to spend more weekends in the roller skate and less time sat in front of a pissy. :cool
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Re: 2019.. Plans For The Year?

Post by Gazza »

Zathos wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:19 am Personally I plan to spend more weekends in the roller skate and less time sat in front of a pussy. :cool
Whatever rocks your boat ;)
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

I'd like to imagine that I could make it up North for a run over to Skye with you all.

But in reality it's probably only pie in the Sky to be truthful.

Fingers crossed.... One never knows.
Zathos
Mr Magpie

Post by Zathos »

Gazza wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:39 am
Zathos wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:19 am Personally I plan to spend more weekends in the roller skate and less time sat in front of a pussy. :cool
Whatever rocks your boat ;)
Ah the old Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) fat fingers lexicon..... :worthy
willian
Late Braker
Current Ride: versatile system type bike....

Post by willian »

2019 - get back to work gradually (phasing back in tomorrow), on the bike as much as possible and get some overnighter runs in too.
Maybe even get a new / different bike.
haiax0
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Ducati Hypermotard

Post by haiax0 »

Aim for some general west coat and out Hebrides adventures.. trying to perfect my packing so I can camp antonymous from the bike for a week.

If this goes well will be thinking about Europe! Although not sure if I could do that this year. :2up
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

West coaster sounds good. The last few years have been a blur of trying to keep working while work was being offered!

The only west coast runs I've managed during that time were day trips (all be it the odd 500 mile one or two :log). It would be good to do some more relaxed runs and take time to enjoy thus beautiful country of ours.

I bought a tent many years ago with a view to trying this tenting thing but I have never got round to learning how it works.

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian).
al
Mass Debater

Post by al »

haiax0 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:11 pm If this goes well will be thinking about Europe! Although not sure if I could do that this year. :2up
I wonder what effect "Brexit" will have on touring round Europe in the future?
Zathos
Mr Magpie

Post by Zathos »

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:33 pm
haiax0 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:11 pm If this goes well will be thinking about Europe! Although not sure if I could do that this year. :2up
I wonder what effect "Brexit" will have on touring round Europe in the future?
Welcome friends....buy Euro...mucho spendo.....Ah UK bike......ohhhh you need insurance / EU driving card / fuel levy / high viz / anything else you don't happen to have packed so we can 'fine' you ;)

Just like now realy :log
Zathos
Mr Magpie

Post by Zathos »

Some west coast runs would be great. Sadly no space for a tent in the current motive transport, but I am sure local hostelries will be available. :2up
The Rossi Kid
Make way for Noddy

Post by The Rossi Kid »

West Coasters and consolidating down to one bike again i think.

Like Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian), not looking for big mileage days, would prefer to explore new bits of Scotland without having a too much time restrictions. Would prefer to use the many bunkhouses dotted about the West coast / Skye too as don't need to carry any excess kit and usually there is fine hostelry in close proximity!
al
Mass Debater

Post by al »

The Rossi Kid wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:29 am .... as don't need to carry any excess kit ....
Spare pair of pants? :log
The Rossi Kid
Make way for Noddy

Post by The Rossi Kid »

I can't see the picture but i'm guessing there is something pink and lacey there?...... :arse
willian
Late Braker

Post by willian »

Sounds like West Coast is favoured by quite a few :2up

I do have a run to Dunnet Head to get into plan at some point to take my Brothers ashes for his last run on a bike and scatter up there as he enjoyed that run so much.

If anyone would want to come along then get in touch and lets get something planned up.

Dave did indeed suggest putting "him" in a rucksack and leaving the lid off the urn and create a billowing smoke screen as I ripped along :log :cool :cool :cool :log
al
Mass Debater

Post by al »

willian wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:32 pm I do have a run to Dunnet Head to get into plan at some point to take my Brothers ashes for his last run on a bike and scatter up there as he enjoyed that run so much.
Are you sure about Dunnet Head? Thats the north East corner not far from John o'Groats.

I did the route to Durness many times with Dave (North West corner) but never rode to Dunnet Head with him (not yet anyway).

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian).
Zathos
Mr Magpie

Post by Zathos »

I'm up for a group run..so long as extra wheels are allowed :cool
haiax0
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Ducati Hypermotard

Post by haiax0 »

I will be keen for some group runs too! :2up
Zzzz
Baw Bag

Post by Zzzz »

Welcome friends....buy Euro...mucho spendo.....Ah UK bike......ohhhh you need insurance / EU driving card / fuel levy / high viz / anything else you don't happen to have packed so we can 'fine' you ;)

Just like now realy

Not forgetting International Driving Permit
willian
Late Braker

Post by willian »

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:05 pm
willian wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:32 pm I do have a run to Dunnet Head to get into plan at some point to take my Brothers ashes for his last run on a bike and scatter up there as he enjoyed that run so much.
Are you sure about Dunnet Head? Thats the north East corner not far from John o'Groats.

I did the route to Durness many times with Dave (North West corner) but never rode to Dunnet Head with him (not yet anyway).

Big Kneed Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian).
Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian), just seeing if you're paying attention :log
I've always mixed the two up!