Jorge - The best ever team mate (not)

Give us your views on the world of Moto GP
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Jorge - The best ever team mate (not)

Post by Gazza »

www.crash.net

Ducati’s technical chief Gigi Dall’Igna has insisted the dashboard messages sent to Jorge Lorenzo through the second half of the 2017 MotoGP finale at Valencia were ‘a suggestion’ rather than ‘an order’.

Engaged in a thrilling five-way fight for the win during Sunday’s final grand prix of the year, Lorenzo, fourth, led team-mate and title hopeful Andrea Dovizioso with the trio of Johann Zarco, Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa just ahead.

Sensing the Italian may possess the quicker pace, Ducati management signalled for Lorenzo to allow Dovizioso through. But the Majorcan felt he could best aid his team-mate by staying in front, pulling him ever closer toward the leaders.

Ever closer? I don't seem to remember Jorge dragging Dovi along towards the leaders. If anything the gap was getting bigger as the race went on. Why can't he and Ducati just be honest about things. Had it been the other way around, I'm sure Andrea would have obliged. Similarly he never complained when Marc gave him the title a couple of years back.

I know some people don't believe that there should be team assistance (even me), but at the end of the day that's what happens. If you don't do it, then you set yourself at a disadvantage against the other teams. Check Pedrosa's race. At no time did he challenge Marc. As soon as Marc fell back due to his mistake, he increased the pace to prevent Dovi from having any chance to win. Not that's a team player.

No doubt about it in my mind....Jorge is a selfish tw@t.
Were I Gigi Dall’Igna, I'd definitely make Jorge the number 2 rider next year.