ducrapi

Give us your views on the world of Superbikes
kingrib
Direct Access
Current Ride: 02 R1, 01 XJR1300, 78 Z650, 78 GS1000, 77 XS500

ducrapi

Post by kingrib »

see ducrapi are cheating there way to another wsb title, its really quite funny, our bike is not fast enough so lets change the rules so we can get more cc's,
and of course it would have nothing to do with an italian running the whole wsb series-paulo flamini- or an italian tyre company supplying all the tyres, it was the same back in foggys day, bigger engined ducrapis winning everything cos the opposition are all on wee 750's, anyway it's just my opinion,just makes me laugh that people think ducatis are something special, when they are not, lets face it love them or hate em ye canny beat the japs for bikes-specially Yamaha's :arse
zrx11
Tube steak

Re: ducrapi

Post by zrx11 »

I must agree, it does appear that extra cc does make all the differance, but why do they need that extra cc, maybe someone might like to explain to me in case i have it all wrong and need to be corrected. Thank you :2up The reason i ask is cause i do watch a little but obviously not as well versed in WSB as some in here :worthy
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Post by steve »

personally i dont care although i would love to see Haga win the title this year

race 2 was awesome yesterday watchin Haga an Bayliss pull away an race the way they did was great to watch :2up
SugR1
Baw Bag
Current Ride: R1, xj900 ttr600

Post by SugR1 »

kingrib wrote:see ducrapi are cheating there way to another wsb title, its really quite funny, our bike is not fast enough so lets change the rules so we can get more cc's,
and of course it would have nothing to do with an italian running the whole wsb series-paulo flamini- or an italian tyre company supplying all the tyres, it was the same back in foggys day, bigger engined ducrapis winning everything cos the opposition are all on wee 750's, anyway it's just my opinion,just makes me laugh that people think ducatis are something special, when they are not, lets face it love them or hate em ye canny beat the japs for bikes-specially Yamaha's :arse
ya your right :2up :2up :2up
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

Why should cc be the determining factor in a class series?

If you want even racing then surely it should be horsepower vs weight?

There are many ways to make more horsepower and thus have an unfair advantage rather than using cc?

One could say why should the Japs be allowed four cylinders as opposed to two? They did something similar in F1 a while back. Four cylinders give an unfair power advantage in exactly the same wa as cc's.

IMHO Ducati's biggest unfair advantage over the rest of the field is Troy bayliss and has not a lot to do with the bike. Where are the other Ducati's in the field? It could be argued that the Jap 4's have the unfair advantage. ;)

Ducati were spending twice as much as the rest of the teams trying to make their two cylinder bikes as quick as the fours. Without the extra cc they would have probably pulled out and that would have been a shame for the series.
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

I'm all for the 1200cc V-Twin rule. It means that KTM can come in in 2009 and kick some ring piece! :freebird
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Post by steve »

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) wrote:I'm all for the 1200cc V-Twin rule. It means that KTM can come in in 2009 and kick some ring piece! :freebird

ha ha :eek thats the funniest thing ive heard in ages Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) :log :log :2up
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

They can't do any worse than Foggy Petronas! :log
Sherpa
Chopper

Post by Sherpa »

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) wrote:They can't do any worse than Foggy Petronas! :log
Can I quote you on that?

F-P had the advantage of running in WSB at a time when a lot of the factory teams were absent so their results were better than they might have been - even though they were still sh*t.

Racing history is not full of new teams coming into world championships and doing well.

Think the BM factory effort looks more promising than the KTM one though.
teamemmenracing
The Real Slim Shady
Current Ride: R 6..... errrr another R 6 and XJR1300

Post by teamemmenracing »

Even tho Im not a Ducati fan .........
I reckon the WSB rules should be about any bike a company sells to the public for road use regardless of cc.
Ducati works this to their advantage ........ they build a race bike then sell it to the public to make it legal - the japs take their road bikes and race them ......

Rossi (bless him) proved the world wrong when he swapped bikes with Biaggi ...... everybody said it was the Honda that was better .... Biaggi proved ity wasnt.

Just my opinion like, but I reckon the Ducatis are faster, not because of cc's, but because they can get their power down earlier than the fours ......... nothing more frustating than following a duc into a corner and hearing his cans crackle and roar whilst your still fighting for traction.