Jonesy

Give us your views on the world of Superbikes
therenster
Baw Bag
Current Ride: Jill

Jonesy

Post by therenster »

That was a horrible crash to see :(

Latest official update from FGSport MSVR is: "During the FIM Supersport World Championship race at Brands Hatch today, rider Craig Jones (Team Parkalgar Honda) crashed at Clark Curve and appeared to be struck by a following rider, sustaining a serious head injury. The race was immediately stopped.

Craig was initially treated at the scene by the MSVR Medical Team, and was then transferred to the Circuit Medical Centre for further assessment and treatment before being flown by the Kent Air Ambulance to the Royal London Hospital, which is the leading trauma centre in region.

Further information will be released when available.
"

I wish him all the best to a speedy recovery and my thoughts are with his family.
Jinx
Kwikasfuki
Current Ride: Superstock 09 ZX6R

Re: Jonesy

Post by Jinx »

Was watching the race and it was horrible to see :(

Here's to a speedy recovery :2up
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Post by steve »

gixxerbabe wrote:Was watching the race and it was horrible to see :(

Here's to a speedy recovery :2up

ditto , horrible crash , get well soon craig :2up
D3LS M
Late Braker

Post by D3LS M »

Without trying to sound like a sicko,has anyone got a link to the crash ?

I turned over then turned back just as they were speaking about it in the studio and never seen a re run
Jinx
Kwikasfuki

Post by Jinx »

Dont think they are replaying the crash on Eurosport out of respect for him and doubt you'll get it on the world superbike site.
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

I was sitting in the main grandstand and happened to be looking elsewhere just as it happened, but saw the aftermath. Doesn't look good. He was totally stationary for along time. According to BBC sports site he has been placed in a coma to stabilise his condition.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.
therenster
Baw Bag

Post by therenster »

Latest from his team @ crash.net -

Parkalgar Honda team manager Simon Buckmaster confirmed the serious nature of the injury and added that Jones has now been placed in a pharmacological coma.

"Craig was treated trackside by the medical staff before being transferred by air-ambulance to the Royal London Hospital," he said.

"He has a serious head injury and the doctors have placed him in a pharmacological coma to stabilise his condition. We will not know any more for at least 24 or 48-hours - all our thoughts are with him and his family.

"I would like to thank the medical staff for their attention and also the well-wishers for their thoughts. We shall update the news on Craig's condition as and when we can."
Tones
Knee Flapper
Current Ride: Duc ST4

Post by Tones »

The crash

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/030 ... sport.html

Hope he's ok, doesn't say anymore than he's in an induced coma :(
Jinx
Kwikasfuki

Post by Jinx »

Craig Jones passed away last night :(

RIP :(
Stew
Just Passed
Current Ride: '10 Z1000

Post by Stew »

Really sad news.

RIP.
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Post by Coddy »

Not good at Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian). Good young racer, who raced on the limit all the time.

Hopefully, he didn't know too much about it.

From MCN site.
Craig Jones RIP, January 16, 1985 – August 3, 2008
World Superbikes

Following his serious crash at Brands Hatch in yesterday’s World Supersport race, Craig Jones has tragically lost his life.

The 23-year-old Brit was fighting for the lead in front of thousands of fans in the biggest race of the year when he lost control of his Parkalgar Honda and was subsequently hit by Ten Kate Honda rider Andrew Pitt.

Jones sustained serious heads injuries in the crash and after being treated on track was transferred to the circuit medical centre before being airlifted to the Royal London Hospital.

Unfortunately despite intensive medical attention Jones died during the early hours of Sunday night.

MCN would like to extend our deepest condolences to his long term partner, Karen Atkins, his family, friends and the Parkalgar Honda team.
Zax
Derren Brown

Post by Zax »

Sad to see that he passed away as a result of the injuries sustained.

Talented young rider with the potential to have a very succssful bike racing carreer.
baldy
Nocturnal Arse Blower
Current Ride: Ducati Panigale 1199

Post by baldy »

:( R.I.P
therenster
Baw Bag

Post by therenster »

poo, how sad. RIP Jonesy. :(
SugR1
Baw Bag
Current Ride: R1, xj900 ttr600

Post by SugR1 »

baldy wrote::( R.I.P
BIGSTEVE
I can't believe it's not crotchbutter
Current Ride: Rocket 3 Roadster

Post by BIGSTEVE »

Talented young lad

RIP :(
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

:( What happened?
Jinx
Kwikasfuki

Post by Jinx »

He highsided in front of Pitt and Pitts front wheel hit him in the head... it was sickening to watch :(

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wsbk/ne ... _life.html
Sherpa
Chopper

Post by Sherpa »

gixxerbabe wrote:... it was sickening to watch :(
Yes it was reminiscent of the aftermath of Dajira Katoh's fatal crash at Suzuka. I was watching it live and you could tell it was serious. Eurosport didn't show any replays although rewound the Sky+ to see it again but wish I hadn't.

He was riding at 100%, as he always did, and keeping up with the slightly faster Ten Kate bikes by simply riding the wheels off his own bike. He was a huge talent and the most entertaining rider in WSS and came over as a really nice bloke too.

Track safety is so good these days that we're used to seeing gargantuan Lorenzo type crashes and expect the rider to be back the following week. This reminds us it's a bloody dangerous sport and how much respect anyone who races at any level is due.

A great shame. RIP.
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

Sad news, at least he went out doing what he loved.
fazermal
Always ahead of Trouble
Current Ride: KTM Tangerine Twin
Yamaha XT 660 X (recovered by the Dohnut munchers)

Post by fazermal »

very sad news indeed R.I.P Jonesy
baldy
Nocturnal Arse Blower
Current Ride: Ducati Panigale 1199

Post by baldy »

:(
From Eurosport

Parkalgar Honda rider Jones suffered head injuries at the Kent circuit when, chasing leader Jonathan Rea on lap seven of a restarted race, he slid out at Clark Curve and was left exposed on the track. Rea's Ten Cate Honda team-mate Andrew Pitt, following closely behind, made slight contact with him as he passed.

The race was stopped as Jones, 23, was attended to on the track. He was resuscitated four times before being flown by Air Ambulance to Royal London hospital, where he was placed in a pharmacological coma by doctors.

Their attempts to stabilise his condition were in vain and he died in the early hours of Monday morning.

The order at the conclusion of the previous lap decided the official result, with Jones therefore awarded second.

Peterborough-based Jones entered the public eye in 2002 when he won the British Junior Superstock Championship for Roundstone Suzuki. He then moved to the British Supersport Championship with team Triumph Valmoto, where he spent two seasons. He clinched his maiden victory in the class in the final running of the Daytona 600.

He joined Northpoint Honda in 2005 and finished second in the BSS championship while making his World Supersport debut as a wildcard in Britain and for Ten Kate Honda at Brno.

For 2006 he made the bold move into World Superbikes with outfit Foggy Petronas, but failed to compete as he ended the season in 27th.

However after dropping into World Supersport with Reve Ekerold Honda last year, he again showed why he was so highly rated with three podiums, one pole and a final position of fifth overall.

In 2008 he joined Parkalgar Honda and achieved four podium finishes before Sunday's fatal accident.

Jonathan Palmer, chief executive of Brands Hatch owners Motorsport Vision said:

"I am so desperately sad that Craig died from the injuries he sustained at Brands Hatch yesterday.

"He was a really super young guy and only on the Saturday evening was I chatting to him in the paddock with him telling me about his World Superbike ambitions for 2009.

"Craig was so determined and professional, would always say hello and enthusiastically keep me in touch with his progress.

"Britain has lost a wonderful rider whom I admired enormously and had every chance of being a future world champion.

"It is fitting that the abiding memory so many of us will have of Craig was him riding brilliantly, battling for the lead of an incredible race, in front of his home crowd.

"It seems barely believable that such a freak accident claimed his life and I extend my deepest sympathies to his family and friends."

Eurosport
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Post by steve »

thats so sad , its a terrible loss of such a talented young racer with such a bright future ahead of him , my thoughts go out to his family an friends
Dickie
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: SV650, ER6 and a pikey van

Post by Dickie »

Very nasty looking crash. Really sad to lose such a talented racer so young. :(
philip-w
Direct Access
Current Ride: 2000 Suzuki GSXR750Y & 1993 Honda CRB900RRP FirePlace

Post by philip-w »

:( very sad news