BSB: Guintoli/Brookes crash - Official Statement

Give us your views on the world of Superbikes
Zax
Derren Brown

Post by Zax »

MCRCB/MSVR Judicial Panel give their official line on yesterday's crash

FOLLOWING THE Race One sighting lap crash at Donington Park yesterday, which saw Sylvian Guintoli rear-ended by Josh Brookes, the MCRCB/MSVR Judicial Panel have released this statement:
The Judicial Panel comprising Mike Blakey (MCRCB), Adrian Addison (MSVR) in the presence of Dave Francis (Deputy Clerk of the Course) and Norman Williamson (MCRCB Safety Delegate) considered the following:

During the sighting lap period for British Superbike race 1, a collision occurred between riders #25, Josh Brookes and #50, Sylvain Guintoli, at the approach to the Melbourne Hairpin.

Following an inspection of machine #25 and an interview with the rider, it was concluded that an indeterminate brake system failure of machine #25 was the cause of the incident. Due to time restrictions for repairing the machine in preparation for the second BSB race, examination of on-board data from the machine was deferred until later in the day.

The data recorded by machine #25 was supplied by the team and has now been examined. It was found that:

The rider pumped the brake lever in the braking area on the approach to the Melbourne Hairpin.
The pressure developed in the braking system and the reduction in wheel speed on the approach to the corner was consistent with a lap at racing speed, up to the point where the rider pumped the brake lever.
The point at which the brakes were applied was consistent with a lap at racing speed.
The exact reason the rider pumped the brake is not known, but he stated that the brakes did not feel that they were working properly.

The Judicial Panel agreed that there was no evidence of mechanical failure; however, the difference in speed between #25 and the riders around him was incompatible with the end of a sighting lap.
Accordingly we have determined that this a breach of MCRCB regulation B2.9 riding in a manner not compatible with general safety.

A ban of one race has been applied to Josh Brookes, suspended for three British Superbike championship meetings. The rider was informed of his right to appeal.

No appeal having been received, the penalty is confirmed.

MCRCB/MSVR Judicial Panel.
torrybiker
Direct Access
Current Ride: suzuki gsxr 1000k4 black/silver

Re: BSB: Guintoli/Brookes crash - Official Statement

Post by torrybiker »

bet ya that makes sylvan feel better 1 race ban suspended for three races does that mean if he dont do it again for three races he gets away with it?the suzuki man had a shot at the title at his first attempt thats scuppered how just cos of a aussie trying to get up the front on the sighting lap that would have been the only time in the race me thinks.if riding at race speed on the sighting lap he should have got the ban simple oh and he hopes sylvan makes a speedy recovery he should have been banned till the frenchman gets back on a bike it was the sighting lap for christs sake at race pace :nono doug
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

torrybiker wrote: he should have been banned till the frenchman gets back on a bike
I would have the bast@rd shot...

I had the Frenchman in my fantasy team FFS. 30-50 points down the pan. :evil
torrybiker
Direct Access
Current Ride: suzuki gsxr 1000k4 black/silver

Post by torrybiker »

same happened to me at mugello Max (Billy-Ray) neukerchener skittled from behind couldnt believe it swapped him for spies.so got dani and dovi ,nori and spies then crap in bsb but theve got ma 42 points.mcn fantasy legue mind