Oulton Park crash

Give us your views on the world of Superbikes
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Oulton Park crash

Post by Gazza »

http://www.bikesportnews.com wrote:Motorpoint Yamaha's Graeme Gowland has said he thinks yesterday's 120mph crash during the first British Superbike race at Oulton Park was the scariest moment of his life.

The Allendale youngster lost the front of his YZF-R1 going through the downhill Cascades section of the track and, although Gowland slid a long way, he was unharmed. His bike however, flipped over as hit the gravel, launched itself over the crash barriers and a phtographer's head, to land in a lake. It had to be dragged out with a forklift.

"I think that was the scariest moment I have ever had! We had changed the gearing slightly for the race and I arrived at the top of the hill a bit too quick and the front tyre let go," said Gowland.

"All the run off area definitely saved me from injury but the bike took it all. The guys have worked all night to rebuild my bike and I can't thank the enough."

I wonder if he made the grid for the second race? ;)
The Rossi Kid
Make way for Noddy

Re: Oulton Park crash

Post by The Rossi Kid »

Crashed packed weekend really. Karl Harris and Simon Andrews had big offs resulting in concusions!!!
Karl Harris's off at "Shell Oils" was pretty spectacular! Hit the tyre wall at 120mph.
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

The Rossi Kid wrote: Karl Harris's off at "Shell Oils" was pretty spectacular! Hit the tyre wall at 120mph.

Ouch!
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Post by Coddy »

Karl Harris is certainly not a fan of the basic slide, he's more a fan off the 'big off'.
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

Few years ago when we were down the red flag came out when a guy came of just after cascades. Never seen a bike so mashed in my life. Forks were ripped out from the frame and the swing arm seperated from the frame. No bodywork and throttle bodies hanging off. It had been on fire as well. All from a snapped chain apparently!!!

poo happens sometimes.