Team Green Superstock 600 - Tim "Twister" Hastings 2010

Give us your views on the world of Superbikes
Auld Twister
Tube steak

Team Green Superstock 600 - Tim "Twister" Hastings 2010

Post by Auld Twister »

Link to Kawasaki UK website.... http://www.kawasaki.co.uk/news.asp?Id=340D7208AA5

Our own press release will follow soon :2up
Jinx
Kwikasfuki
Current Ride: Superstock 09 ZX6R

Re: Team Green Superstock 600 - Tim "Twister" Hastings 2010

Post by Jinx »

Great news for Tim and hope he has a great 2010 :2up

Has he done much testing on the ZX yet ? I've got the superstock spec 09 6R which was built by MSS Colchester and its a cracking bike and very fast for a 600 :biggrin2
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

Great stuff.

Gonna be in Norwich next July so I will be along to Snetterton to cheer him long. :2up
Auld Twister
Tube steak

Post by Auld Twister »

Hi Jinx

Cheers for the comments :2up

As for your bike, is it the one that Jess Trayler rode in the '09 National superstock 600 championship? Ours will be only slightly different, in that yours has Ohlins front fork internals with an Akropovich exhaust, and ours is the K-Tech fork internals with an Arrow exhaust. It is fast, on Tim's debut meeting at Oulton Park, he only qualyfied 36th, yet he very nearly topped the speed traps!

As for testing. we only get the bike at the end of January and then we will have to see what the budget will allow. At the moment, we are still trying to put the BSB season budget together, so no testing planned, as yet.

Jinx wrote:Great news for Tim and hope he has a great 2010 :2up

Has he done much testing on the ZX yet ? I've got the superstock spec 09 6R which was built by MSS Colchester and its a cracking bike and very fast for a 600 :biggrin2
Auld Twister
Tube steak

Post by Auld Twister »

Looking forward to meeting you Gazza :2up You'll be our VIP geust :log
Gazza wrote:Great stuff.

Gonna be in Norwich next July so I will be along to Snetterton to cheer him long. :2up
Jinx
Kwikasfuki
Current Ride: Superstock 09 ZX6R

Post by Jinx »

Auld Twister wrote:Hi Jinx

Cheers for the comments :2up

As for your bike, is it the one that Jess Trayler rode in the '09 National superstock 600 championship? Ours will be only slightly different, in that yours has Ohlins front fork internals with an Akropovich exhaust, and ours is the K-Tech fork internals with an Arrow exhaust. It is fast, on Tim's debut meeting at Oulton Park, he only qualyfied 36th, yet he very nearly topped the speed traps!

As for testing. we only get the bike at the end of January and then we will have to see what the budget will allow. At the moment, we are still trying to put the BSB season budget together, so no testing planned, as yet.
No I bought my bike off Dan Watkins who was racing in the MRO Superstock Championship. Dont think any work has been done to the forks but has the usual Ohlins TTX, Arrow titanium system and its had a few mods to the clutch and gearbox etc. It puts out 124bhp :biggrin2

I'm just back from Cartagena and was at Almeria last month and the thous hardly pull away from me on the straight at all so it is very quick :2up

Hope you get the budget sorted and get some testing in, good luck :2up
airwave
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Yam MT10, 'Rox Scoota (currently on trailer of shame, still leaking oil . . from somewhere internal . .

Post by airwave »

Auld Twister wrote:Looking forward to meeting you Gazza :2up You'll be our VIP geust :log

watch out if he offers you sweeties . . . . . . :log
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Post by Coddy »

Kawazaki. Pah. :nono

Should have got a Yamaha. :2up

Seriously though, all the best in 2010, and hopefully get a few good seasons in there, and then the step up to Supersport 600's after that.

Martin.
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

airwave wrote:
Auld Twister wrote:Looking forward to meeting you Gazza :2up You'll be our VIP geust :log

watch out if he offers you sweeties . . . . . . :log
Trust you to ruin the plan! :log