TT 09

Forum from the scary world or road racing!
baldy
Nocturnal Arse Blower
Current Ride: Ducati Panigale 1199

TT 09

Post by baldy »

347 Days 19 Hours 59 Minutes till the start of TT 2009

:boing :boing :boing :boing

:biggrin2
garymitch
Mr Angry

Re: TT 09

Post by garymitch »

you sad o :log
blueflame
Late Braker
Current Ride: CBR1000RR
GSXR 750
Explorer 1200

Post by blueflame »

Hell yeah :boing :boing :boing :boing
teameddys
Direct Access

Post by teameddys »

Ill be back in about 3 weeks for the southern, not the same as the TT though ;)
baldy
Nocturnal Arse Blower

Post by baldy »

teameddys wrote:Ill be back in about 3 weeks for the southern, not the same as the TT though ;)
Stll better than here :worthy Good luck :2up
teameddys
Direct Access

Post by teameddys »

Cheers will keep you lot posted :biggrin2
Nutty
Chopper
Current Ride: CBR1000RR6 FirePlace

Post by Nutty »

Hopefully get there in the pimped out van next year :2up :boozer I don't half miss the place :cry2
teameddys
Direct Access

Post by teameddys »

Nutty wrote:Hopefully get there in the pimped out van next year :2up :boozer I don't half miss the place :cry2
What like Guy Martin's red pimp mobile? :log
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Post by steve »

ive just found this on another site

" Motorists and riders are reminded that while the Mountain Road is one-way it is still illegal to cross the solid white line in the centre of the road "

hmmm sounds weird to me , surely if its a one way road such markings wont apply , im pretty sure ive crossed them once or twice , im betting a fair few thousand other peeps have crossed them too :eek
Newbus
Chopper
Current Ride: Triumph Triple

Post by Newbus »

JT52 wrote:ive just found this on another site

" Motorists and riders are reminded that while the Mountain Road is one-way it is still illegal to cross the solid white line in the centre of the road "

hmmm sounds weird to me , surely if its a one way road such markings wont apply , im pretty sure ive crossed them once or twice , im betting a fair few thousand other peeps have crossed them too :eek

Mmm Might be worth checking that out :(
speedaddictedberk
Knee Flapper
Current Ride: Speed Triple 1050, GPZ600R, K100Rt

Post by speedaddictedberk »

baldy wrote:347 Days 19 Hours 59 Minutes till the start of TT 2009

Is it not 2009 now? :???
Newbus
Chopper
Current Ride: Triumph Triple

Post by Newbus »

speedaddictedberk wrote:
baldy wrote:347 Days 19 Hours 59 Minutes till the start of TT 2009

Is it not 2009 now? :???
Ye but look at the date of first post :arse
BONGO
Direct Access
Current Ride: Yamaha R1
Location: In a hoose near Potterton. Caravan sold no loger a pykie.

Post by BONGO »

| 10 Days | 5 Hours | 21 Minutes
baldy
Nocturnal Arse Blower

Post by baldy »

:arse
2009 TT Races | 9 Days | 19 Hours | 47 Minutes :freebird :freebird

erin
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: A mighty Monster!!!

Post by erin »

Following Nick Crowe and Mark Cox's accident during the second TT sidecar race in June, HM Plant Honda is pleased to issue an update on behalf of Nick and Mark and their families regarding the boys' recovery and also, to announce details of kind fundraising activities.

Both Nick and Mark are overwhelmed by the continuing well-wishes and support for them and their families, as well as the fundraising activities which have taken place and are still being planned.

They would like to sincerely thank all those who organised and took part in the generous fundraising activities on the Isle of Man, to include a sidecar pull around the Island, an auction, an island quiz with pubs around the island connected by a website, and a golf tournament.

A UK fundraising event is now being organised by Nick and Mark's sponsors and takes place on Friday 21 August at the Yorkshire Suite, behind the Golden Lion Hotel in Northallerton, DL7 8PP.

A number of TT riders are hoping to attend the event, including Honda's dynamic road racing duo of John McGuinness and Steve Plater, as is Ian Hutchison and Guy Martin, with more TT solo and sidecar riders still to confirm. An auction and raffle will enable those attending to win some great TT and racing memorabilia, as well as non-motorcycling, but exciting, goodies!

The evening will kick off at 8pm and will run until late, with entertainment throughout the evening. Tickets are £10 each and entry will be by ticket only, which can be booked by calling Emma Hudspeth on 01969 625111 or Eve Vanner on 07518 021137.

Commenting on the fundraising, Nick and Mark's families said, "We are overwhelmed at how generous people have been and we can assure everyone that the money raised so far, or the proceeds from fundraisers still in the planning, will not be used for our daily living. It will be used to buy the equipment that Nick and Mark are going to need to help them re-establish as much as a normal life as possible, as well as fund any costs incurred while the boys are injured. Thank you so much to everyone who has both organised fundraising activities, such as the sidecar pull around the Isle of Man and the evening event at Northallerton later this month, and also got involved and been so generous with their giving. We are truly amazed and humbled. Thank you."

Commenting on Nick's condition, his wife Danny said:
"There has been all sorts of speculation and concern about Nick's injuries and operations. I can confirm that Nick has had four operations so far, one of which was to remove his lower right arm, as the damage to this area was extensive and was also causing issues for the recovery of some of his other injuries. Due to the extensive damage to his right leg, Nick has also had two donor bones inserted and we now hope that his own bones will knit well to those over time. His knee was also very badly damaged and we hope that this may be semi-functional in the future, but it is too early to say at this point. These operations have been successful, although further operations over the coming months will be necessary. Nick's other fractures are now beginning to heal well and with his intensive physiotherapy, Nick is now able to at least be mobile at times by being pushed in a wheelchair and has amazingly walked a few steps, obviously though with the external frame around his leg.

"The hospital and the whole surgical team have been outstanding and when you stand back and actually reflect on what they've done, achieved, and still plan, the whole thing is like science fiction and we have no words sufficient to express our gratitude and amazement for the skill and care of the surgical and nursing team.

"Nick has two main focuses. His first is to recover as quickly as possible and get home. The second, but also I think a driving farce of his first aim, is to rebuild his HM Plant Honda sidecar. He knows most people would see it as a pile of scrap but he knows he can rescue it. Nick has looked at all the photos of the damage and knows exactly what he wants and needs to do to get it to show condition, but with an engine, and has already started speaking to friends and racing colleagues in order to help him prepare and do this. Louis Christian of LCR Engineering has offered to rebuild the sidecar chassis free of charge, which made Nick's day! Nick said that this year's sidecar is the best he's ever ridden and he wants to restore it for that memory.

"Nick has up and down days but the fighting spirit we're seeing in him over his injuries and recovery is that of a true racer. I'm amazed by Nick and in awe of this guy in how he is taking each day as it comes and facing everything he's had to contend with, with such spirit and determination. Those are two qualities in him we now value more than ever as we know those are the qualities, along with the great medical attention, that got him through those first critical hours and are aiding his slow, but steady recovery."

Commenting on Mark's condition, his fiancée Amanda said:
"Mark spent the first few weeks following the accident in Noble's hospital on the Isle of Man, where his condition stabilised well. He was then transferred to Liverpool where he underwent two operations in his first week there, on his left leg and ankle. As a result of the injuries, Mark's left leg is four inches shorter than it should be and another operation is planned in the next few weeks that will hopefully lengthen his leg, although it is not certain this operation will be successful. If not, a further operation may be needed for a donor bone to be inserted. Mark's ankle will need further re-constructive surgery and he'll also need an operation to repair ligament damage to his left knee. The fractures to Mark's pelvis and right hip are now beginning to heal well, having been repositioned, plated and pinned, as is the case with his right arm as well.

"Mark has been having intensive physio and will continue this for the next few months, although he and us are pleased he was recently moved to a London hospital, so at least is now closer to home and his family. He hopes to be able to get into a wheelchair in a few weeks and then work towards getting on to his feet.

"The determination and courage Mark shows daily is nothing short of inspiring and he's so humbled and grateful by everyone's efforts, support and well-wishes, both for him, but also for me and our children. Thank you all again."
steve
Tank Slapper

Post by steve »

Blueflame an i rode past the place where Nicky an Coxy crashed in sidecar race B when we did a couple of laps on the thursday of race week an all i can say is the damage to the bushes etc on the right hand side of the road an the marks all over the road really brought it home how bad thier crash really was . the Bishops Court section just before Ballaugh is taken pretty much flat out for the top sidecar teams

its so saddening to hear of thier injuries as they were both at the top of thier game an the future looked so good

there has been alot of tradigies in the sidecar community in the last 12 months with the very sad losses of Steve (strawberry) Norbury an Phil (dongo) Dongworth an the horrific injuries that have befallen Nicky Crowe , Coxy , Sally Wilson an 11 times TT sidecar passenger champion Ricky Long .

it was Dongos funeral today , rest in peace fella :freebird
steve
Tank Slapper

Post by steve »

Crowe and Cox return to spot where they nearly died.

TOGETHER AGAIN: Nick Crowe and Mark Cox meet for the first time since their TT accident at the very spot where it happened.
By JOHN TURNER
IT was an emotional reunion for sidecar crew Nick Crowe and Mark Cox when the pair met up for the first time at the scene of this year's TT accident that almost claimed their lives.
Sporting matching leg frames and both on crutches, the pair met up at Ballacobb near Ballaugh on Friday.

It was here on the Wednesday of TT Week a hare ran out and hit their machine causing it to ricochet from one side of the road to the other before disintegrating into a mass of flames and debris. The race was abandoned and was not rerun.

The two shared a joke and hugged each other as they met.

Though Nick has passed the scene numerous times since his release from hospital, it was Mark's first return to the Island, where the pair had taken the TT lap record which has stood since 2007 and where they won both sidecar races last year.

'I finished up way up the road between the bus shelter and the corner,' said Mark, who lives in Rochester,Kent, and who remembers nothing of the accident or the time immediately before and after.

'The bike hit the hare before the bus stop then hit the right hand side, then the other side, then exploded and the tank caught fire further up.

'We must have been doing over 150mph at the time,' added Nick, who lives in Jurby.

The surgeon who treated Mark described his shattered ankle as being the worst injury he had seen in 25 years, with the bone reduced to paste. Mark now has very little movement in the joint.

'I won't be going running again unfortunately, but I am hoping to return to work as an electrician at some point,' he said.

After the accident, the left leg was three inches shorter than the right. Now it is gradually gaining length with the aid of a metal frame which stretches it by one millimetre a day.

'I've watched the accident on DVD and I can't believe we came away from it at all,' he said.

'A tree branch came through the visor of my helmet and took the top of my ear off, but it could easily have gone through my eye.

'It feels very strange coming back. Not traumatic. As soon as we were coming through Ballacraine it was going through my head what I would be doing on the bike.

'It is a bit emotional really because it is the first time I've seen everyone since the accident.'

Mark remains on maximum-dose painkillers after an operation four weeks ago to rebreak his leg. He may also face having a hip replacement in the near future, but he remains positive.

'At the moment I'm going to the gym and doing what I can to keep fit and the doctors say being fit has helped my recovery a lot.

'I would love to come over for the TT next year if possible to see everyone and thank them properly.

'Big thanks are due to all the medical staff, marshals and so on. Also to Karl Bennett and Lee Cain who stopped their outfit and helped at the scene.'

Like Nick, Mark said he had been overwhelmed by the care, support and fundraising effort from so many people, too numerous to name individually.

'We are tremendously grateful to everyone,' he said.

As for racing again: 'I don't think I will ever race again,' he said. 'Unless Nick wants to. I would ride with him...'