Skerries road race 03/07/10

Forum from the scary world or road racing!
Sheep24
Chopper
Current Ride: Kawasaki ER6supertwin & super stock 675R

Skerries road race 03/07/10

Post by Sheep24 »

Well first trip into Southern Ireland to race. Got to the circuit on the Thursday night set up in the paddock/Feild and got a good nights kip in the Van.

Went out in the newcomers 5 lap practice and instantly poo myself with how narrow a circuit it was and how many diffrent cambers. Straight back out after that for Supertwin qualfying and qual 8th on the front row which i was chuft with. Then out in Junior class and qual 3rd on the grid followed by 5th on the grid for the Senior on the ZX6R.

Race day
Supertwins race started and got a good start down the outside into the first corner 3rd but instantly got pushed wide and back down to 8th lesson learned dont do that again. Managed to get up to 6th in the race which i was well happy with and shaved 7 seconds off from my qualfying time:)

Senior race
Race started head down kept a tight line into the first corner and came out in 2nd position lost speed coming out of a corner and down to 3rd. Had a moment coming into a corner so just rolled off a bit and was gapped by the rider in front. 3 laps from the end FUEL light came and arse tightened hoping it would see my to the finish line and it did :P 3rd spot and i was delighted shaved 5 seconds off my qualfying time aswell:)

Junior race

I was wating to go out whilst the Grand Final got under way. Racing was stopped due to a accident and it was soon realied it was serious and racing was abbondoned. Unfortunatley the accident was fatal. dont know what really to say about that i am not good with words when things like this happen bar thoughts go out to the riders family :(

Next race is this weekend at Scarbourgh.
Zax
Derren Brown

Re: Skerries road race 03/07/10

Post by Zax »

Sad news to hear about Myles Byrne - and hopefully the spectators that were caught up in the accident make a full and speedy recovery...

Well done with your achievements and progress this year however the other events of the weekend will undoubtedly be more difficult to deal with.
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Post by steve »

well done craig , your fair gettin the hang of this road racing malarky :worthy

sorry to hear of the passing of the fallen rider , rip
Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Post by Borntobewild »

Big well done to you Craig on getting 3rd. Respect :freebird

Always awful to hear about the fatality - not something anyone wants to hear eh? Thoughts go out to his family & friends.
blueflame
Late Braker
Current Ride: CBR1000RR
GSXR 750
Explorer 1200

Post by blueflame »

Cracking results Graig well done, stick in there......Manx , TT in the future perhaps ???
Never good to hear about the death of a racer RIP