Inverurie biketec

bikerchick
Tube steak
Current Ride: 1962 Triumph Tiger Cub

Inverurie biketec

Post by bikerchick »

Does anyone have any comments good or bad about the training school at Inverurie? Got a couple of friends asking if it's any good.

Ta :2up
JTC
Cumpy Grunt
Current Ride: ~~~~~~~
Ducati ST4 (SOLD)
Ducati 749 (SOLD)
CBR400RR NC29 (SOLD)
ZX10R -Lulu (SOLD -sob)
Sprint STD 1050 -Bertha (SOLD)
Ducati 848 - Lucia (SOLD)
Ducati Hypermotard 796
Ducati 748R - Bunty

Re: Inverurie biketec

Post by JTC »

one of my mate's g/f just went through her test with biketec in aberdeen (I believe they are the same firm). Personally i don't have much time for eric, but that's got nothing to do with the standard of tuition his firm provides. I know a few people that have passed with them so that should mean they're ok. Everyone has their own opinion though.
Flamedamper
Tube steak
Current Ride: Gsxr 750

Post by Flamedamper »

myself and other half both used Biketec and found them to be very good, both passed first attempt and had no problems so can't comment on the others. For me :2up
bikerchick
Tube steak
Current Ride: 1962 Triumph Tiger Cub

Post by bikerchick »

Ah right, didn't realise it was all part of Big Eric's empire. I used the BoD set up and passed so can't be too bad ;)

Thanks for comments Flame and JTC.
tansy
Direct Access
Current Ride: Yamaha fazer 600

Post by tansy »

i used biketec too, a couple of years ago, and managed to scrape a pass...they were all pretty professional and i would recommend using them. :2up
Neorion
Supergeek
Current Ride: VFR 800 FI
Best advice I was given
"ride for yourself and don't watch my back wheel"
guess who?

Post by Neorion »

I used biketec and they got me through without issue. Friendly and professional, Eric took me out without charge to make sure I was ready for the 500's and had good advice and offered extra tuition (must have needed it) for free.

I tell anyone I know to go through them.

Tell your friends to speak to Karen (takes the calls) and she will get them sorted out ;) :2up
Neorion
Supergeek
Current Ride: VFR 800 FI
Best advice I was given
"ride for yourself and don't watch my back wheel"
guess who?

Post by Neorion »

JTC wrote:one of my mate's g/f just went through her test with biketec in aberdeen (I believe they are the same firm). Personally i don't have much time for eric, but that's got nothing to do with the standard of tuition his firm provides. I know a few people that have passed with them so that should mean they're ok. Everyone has their own opinion though.

He has a "dry" sense of humour put it that way but he's not a bad lad. :log
Andy168
Baw Bag
Current Ride: Triumph Tiger 800 & Trek 7200FX

Post by Andy168 »

Neorion wrote:
JTC wrote:one of my mate's g/f just went through her test with biketec in aberdeen (I believe they are the same firm). Personally i don't have much time for eric, but that's got nothing to do with the standard of tuition his firm provides. I know a few people that have passed with them so that should mean they're ok. Everyone has their own opinion though.

Eric & humour in the same sentence??? :wife
But seriously, if he can get me through the test he can get anybody through :2up
JTC
Cumpy Grunt
Current Ride: ~~~~~~~
Ducati ST4 (SOLD)
Ducati 749 (SOLD)
CBR400RR NC29 (SOLD)
ZX10R -Lulu (SOLD -sob)
Sprint STD 1050 -Bertha (SOLD)
Ducati 848 - Lucia (SOLD)
Ducati Hypermotard 796
Ducati 748R - Bunty

Post by JTC »

Neorion wrote:

I haven't personally had any tuition from him, but I've been in his company on several occasions. Dry isn't the word...... Not implying in any way that he's a bad lad at all. As i said originally, I personally could take or leave him. I'm certain he provides a professional service though. :cheers
pjgsxr
Tube steak
Current Ride: Gsxr1000 now sold so getting a RATZ leatherdelux 1200GS

Post by pjgsxr »

JTC wrote:
Neorion wrote:

I haven't personally had any tuition from him, but I've been in his company on several occasions. Dry isn't the word...... Not implying in any way that he's a bad lad at all. As i said originally, I personally could take or leave him. I'm certain he provides a professional service though. :cheers
:stupid

funny bunch
beemerboy
Direct Access

Aberdeen & Inverurie biketec

Post by beemerboy »

From Eric @ Biketec....

Thank you to all who have praised Biketec, previous pupils and friends of friends. How I ever got big Andy from Bof Don through his test (like he says) I don't know. Still got to bill you for the bend on the ER5 frame after 3 days of you sitting on it :log

Most of our business (approx 80%) comes from word of mouth & recommendations. We aim to please and all of my instructors are regularly monitored by me or another senior instructor to make sure our standards are high. We do not shout at you on the radio, nor do we give you an hours lesson and hope you pass. Our motto is similar to that of the DSA (driving standards agency) which is safe driving for life. This is why, on a Direct Access Course, you will often see us out the South Deeside Rd teaching a little about limit points, countersteering, lines through corners etc.

As far as I am aware we do not miss anything. This in turn would be backed up by the fact that since the new 2 part (or Module) test began on the 27th April our 1st time Module 1 pass rate is 81% and our first time Module 2 pass rate is 92%. This compares to pupils from some other schools who we see walking away from test dejected as they have failed. Sometimes after a few attempts elswehere (the record is 4) they come to us. By no means am i saying we are definately the best but our statistics seem to point to the fact that we are up near the top.

We have a fleet of around 24 well maintained bikes (all Japanese bar 1) and are the only school in Aberdeen to have a 500cc with ABS, a handy thing to have on test and in the wet. We also have 4 either ex Police or serving Police instructors which is not a bad thing unless your'e scared of the law as they definately know how to ride bikes.

Karen will happily help you with any query you may have on 01224 821821 or use the internet enquiry form on our website.
Andy168
Baw Bag
Current Ride: Triumph Tiger 800 & Trek 7200FX

Re: Aberdeen & Inverurie biketec

Post by Andy168 »

beemerboy wrote:From Eric @ Biketec....

Thank you to all who have praised Biketec, previous pupils and friends of friends. How I ever got big Andy from Bof Don through his test (like he says) I don't know. Still got to bill you for the bend on the ER5 frame after 3 days of you sitting on it :log
This must be Eric's attempt at humour :???
The frame was bent before I sat on the bike and before I fell off(honest) :2up
ElectroFunkDaddy
Baw Bag
Current Ride: GSXR 1000 K3

Post by ElectroFunkDaddy »

I did my CBT at the inverurie place and then the full training with them add BOD, Passed 1st time, Folk were great,

Misses did her CBT there as well, never been on a bike, poo scared and she ended up bieng the best there..

If I get band :log :log :log at some point had to go for re-training i would use them again . :cool
DinGuS
Direct Access
Current Ride: 1998 yellow Triumph Daytona T595

Post by DinGuS »

congrats mate, shame about the bloody weather eh

i did my DAS course with them about 7 weeks ago

had justin for my 3 days and eric for one night after i failed my phase 1 (didnt get to practice in the actual test car park and sent a cone flying on the swerve test)

they are all really good teachers but much as i hate to say it erics a bloody good one :2up
neo
Direct Access
Current Ride: Slow moped

Post by neo »

We also have 4 either ex Police or serving Police instructors which is not a bad thing unless your'e scared of the law as they definately know how to ride bikes.
Are they police instructors or just police officers (or ex) who ride bikes when off duty? Was at talk and heard of one Inverurie based instructor who claims to be police instructor but wasn't.

I gather there is a big difference between a proper police instructor and some of the wanabees out there :deal
Steven
Direct Access
Current Ride: Kawasaki Versys.

Post by Steven »

I used biketec for my direct access training a year ago and found them to be very professional and would happily reccomend them to anyone. I passed first time having never ridden a bike before i did my CBT with only 2 faults. That was down to the quality of tuition. The only thing i didn't like was being told off for thrashing the 125cc's when we were supposed to be doing manouvres :freebird
andy92
Direct Access
Current Ride: VFR 800

Post by andy92 »

neo wrote:

We also have 4 either ex Police or serving Police instructors which is not a bad thing unless your'e scared of the law as they definately know how to ride bikes.
Are they police instructors or just police officers (or ex) who ride bikes when off duty? Was at talk and heard of one Inverurie based instructor who claims to be police instructor but wasn't.

I gather there is a big difference between a proper police instructor and some of the wanabees out there :deal
Believe they either have to be instructors or advanced bikers (Police) Both will have completed the advanced course, the instructor going onto complete the teaching/demonstrating part.

For taking newbies, advanced bikers will have more than enough knowledge to pass on without being advanced instructors.

I have been on rideouts with a few advanced riders, my riding style improved big time after being passed some tips.

Worked for me :worthy
Ronz
Dummy Spitter
Current Ride: 2010 Triumph SpeedMonster

Post by Ronz »

Top blokes the lot of em. Got me back on the road and showed great patience doing it as well :log .
I'd like to apologise to Eric for putting a big dent in his pass rate when I was there :oops
Crashgoggz
Direct Access
Current Ride: '99 Honda Hornet 600.

Post by Crashgoggz »

Again a plus for biketec, Trained me well enough to pass with 1 minor. Even though i did run out of fuel during my test......

Let me do additional time on the 125 as I was pretty crap as part of the price too.
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

Crashgoggz wrote:Trained me well enough to pass with 1 minor.
That explains your avatar!! :log
DarrenR
Scaramanga
Current Ride: 09 zx10r

Post by DarrenR »

he got me thro my test with no minors (first person that year might i add ;)) after pretty much no experience of bikes, not bad hay?

eric was a top guy and very easy going and found the whole experience briliant, altho at the time the cb500`s felt like complete animals :log
leefaewoodhead
Direct Access
Current Ride: yzf r6r, r1150gs

Post by leefaewoodhead »

Just passed last tuesday with bike tec. (second time :??? ) Great team to work with. had big davey for my training great teacher, difficult to keep a straight face with I can't believe it's not butter!, thanks for the lift to and from fyvie on the big gs :freebird . had quick lesson with eric himself before test and was really good. dont think he thinks much of my new bike though :log . Would strongly recommend anyone looking for a training school to go with bike tec. look out for the blue sv on the road !
Rick_1138
QVC
Current Ride: (Picking up) 2009 Triumph Street Triple!

Post by Rick_1138 »

I did my CBT and my test with them, did CBT with Mike (he will remember it, its the one where i almost went under a bus and got a bit emotional after the number 26 almost being the last thing i ever saw!) Eric did my training for test, and i passed first time.

Eric is a bit of a funny fish from what i remember, but he is very good.
GSred
Tube steak
Current Ride: K5 650 Bandit

Post by GSred »

Highly recommend Eric & Biketec he got me & my mate through both modules 1st
attempt last month, he made us both feel at ease & his sense of humour
was wicked but maybe thats cause me & my mate felt relaxed & had such fun
aswell we brought out that side of him :boing