CRG shorty levers

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

CRG shorty levers

Post by coullstar »

Thinking of ordering up a short CRG adjustable lever for my clutch but wondering if these hard noticably harder to pull in than the standard length ones.
McWullie
Armchair Biker
Current Ride: Santa Cruz Chameleon
Location: running away from Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian)

Re: CRG shorty levers

Post by McWullie »

Image Image
Zax
Derren Brown

Post by Zax »

Yes they are, that is the reson that I have only got the short lever on the brake on my Mille until I get the new slave cylinder fitted.

The new billet slave cylinder reduces the farce needed at the lever by about 30%. Once this is done the short clutch lever will be going back on.
RK6
Would you like a mushroom?
Current Ride: Hypermotard SP

Post by RK6 »

Dave must have womanly fingers, I had shorty pazzo's on the Storm with no issues at all!

Infact, I much preferred the shorty levers to the full length chlamydia versions.

I'll certainly be putting shorties on whatever bike I buy next. :cool
Zax
Derren Brown

Post by Zax »

RK6 wrote:Dave must have womanly fingers, I had shorty pazzo's on the Storm with no issues at all!

Infact, I much preferred the shorty levers to the full length chlamydia versions.

I'll certainly be putting shorties on whatever bike I buy next. :cool
Hoi :wife . :nono

The hydraulic cluch is heavy on the mille on the standard levers and was just too heavyto be practical on the Short lever. A lot of people fit a billet slave cylinder to lighten the action when on standard levers.

My R-6 has short levers on as well and I have no problems with it :tung
Grant
Panty Granty

Post by Grant »

No issues with Pazzo short levers on my GSX-R600 but that's not a hydraulic clutch.
RK6

Post by RK6 »

Zax wrote:Hoi :wife . :nono
:anon
McWullie
Armchair Biker
Current Ride: Santa Cruz Chameleon
Location: running away from Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian)

Post by McWullie »

We need some G-A-Y Smilies for this thread!! :idea
Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!
Current Ride: Big sensible pretty bikes with big smooth tyres,
Small bikes with small lumpy tyres and a truck with HUGE lumpy tyres !

Post by Dave »

McWullie wrote:We need some G-A-Y Smilies for this thread!! :idea

That takes a “Pre-op transsexual” to make that request :log :log
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

I tend to have my clutch hand near the end of the left hand grip on the bike so use the end of the standard lever. Therefore a short clutch lever wouldn't work for me but at least I am using the lever where is is easier to pull which in traffic makes a difference to comfort. However I tend to do the opposite with my right hand and pull the lever near the hinge so was thinking of changing just the brake lever on my Falco.

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian).
Zathos
Mr Magpie
Current Ride: Aprilia Tuono Factory R

Post by Zathos »

I fitted a normal length CRG to the rr clutch (Honda don't do adjustable as standard) and it works a treat.

Don't think i would fit shortened levers on a road bike if only for the pain town riding would be.
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Post by Coddy »

Had Pazzo shorty levers on the R1, and on a long run, with plenty downchanges by the end of the day, would have a fair bit of arm pump on my left arm (wouldn't be a problem on right arm if clutch was on right ;) ).

For the Fiat, i would not fit them, as my arm is fooked with the normal levers as the clutch springs are strong.
Zax
Derren Brown

Post by Zax »

Nice billet slave cylinder is what you need 30% less effort = 30% more satisfaction ;)
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Post by Coddy »

Zax wrote:Nice billet slave cylinder is what you need 30% less effort = 30% more satisfaction ;)
Read on a Ducati forum that the ones folks there have tried leak, even the Ducati Performance ones.
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

Only reason i was asking is for my dodgy fingers (outer two on left hand) as I can use the others ok at the moment. Managed to adjust mine in to a decent level tonight and managed to ride the bike after fitting the new exhausts tonight. Looks like I should be ok for next weekend but I'll need to figure out some sort of taping for the fingers.

Oh and bring you earlplugs if your on WC1. There a tad loud :log .
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

coullstar wrote:Only reason i was asking is for my dodgy fingers (outer two on left hand) as I can use the others ok at the moment. Managed to adjust mine in to a decent level tonight and managed to ride the bike after fitting the new exhausts tonight. Looks like I should be ok for next weekend but I'll need to figure out some sort of taping for the fingers.

Oh and bring you earlplugs if your on WC1. There a tad loud :log .
When I cracked my knuckle the other year I ended up buying a pair of Pathan gloves (the three fingered ones) then cutting out the lining of the outer "finger". That then allowed me to get a glove on whilst still having my outer two fingers strapped together. So that the sticky tape didn't catch on anything all I had to do was wrap a piece of gauze lightly round the two fingers when I put the glove on.

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian).
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

I was just thinking about this style of glove. Where do you get these gloves? Seems waste though just buying for one trip so I might be a skin flint and just duct tape the two together with my gloves on :log .
Dickie
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: SV650, ER6 and a pikey van

Post by Dickie »

Graeme, I had a pair of those gloves and my Dad borrowed them when he broke his finger. I did exactly what Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) did, want me to see if it was the same hand and if I can get them back from him?
flipper
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: 2 red a black an a white

Post by flipper »

Pazzo shorties, billet slave cylinder, new clutch plate and springs fitted to hyper.
Even though the slave cylinder is supposed to reduce effort by 30% the clutch is heavier than standard.
Its been suggested that I could remove 2 of the 6 pressure plate springs to reduce required lever effort but I am reluctant to do this.
Although the clutch lever effort is harder its not really a problem.
Most of the above was done because I like the look of it.
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

Dickie wrote:Graeme, I had a pair of those gloves and my Dad borrowed them when he broke his finger. I did exactly what Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) did, want me to see if it was the same hand and if I can get them back from him?
That would great, thanks.
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Post by steve »

do these short levers actually serve a purpose or are they just designed to look "trick" on a pimped show bike ???

i know some folks have small hands so maybe need them but personally im happy enough with my standard levers :eek
Zax
Derren Brown

Post by Zax »

JT52 wrote:do these short levers actually serve a purpose or are they just designed to look "trick" on a pimped show bike ???

i know some folks have small hands so maybe need them but personally im happy enough with my standard levers :eek

As I end to only use 2 fingers on the brake it allows me to keep 2 fingers on the bar without squshing them between the lever and the bar. They also are far more adjustable than the standard levers.
baldy
Nocturnal Arse Blower
Current Ride: Ducati Panigale 1199

Post by baldy »

Zax wrote:As I end to only use 2 fingers on the brake it allows me to keep 2 fingers on the bar without squshing them between the lever and the bar. They also are far more adjustable than the standard levers.
:stupid Same for me plus they do add some bling factor :biggrin2
RK6

Post by RK6 »

JT52 wrote:do these short levers actually serve a purpose or are they just designed to look "trick"
Do those carbon panels and polished wheels actually serve a purpose or are they just designed to look ''trick''? :log

;)

In all seriousness, I much prefer riding with the shorties. They're much easier to adjust, have a wider range of settings and they allow you to keep most of your fingers on the grips when using them (which can never be a bad thing at high speed).

To be fair, I do tend to only use 2 fingers on both my clutch and front brake regardless of what levers are installed but I reckon the shorties help to make blipping the throttle on the down shift much easier/smoother when similtaniously using the front brake. (if that makes any sense)?

I dunno, I think I'm defending an item that doesn't really need ot be defended. . .

I like them and I'm confortable riding with them, thats good enough for me. :cool
SEANAB
Direct Access
Current Ride: The Bird,
The 'Gay Blade
and The R30

Post by SEANAB »

not sure about other bikes but... when i fitted these to my 'Gay Blade the brakes and the clutch got lighter... there must be some voodoo trickery but its all for the better.

so... so it! :2up