Mille mid - season service

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
Zax
Derren Brown

Mille mid - season service

Post by Zax »

Well I finally decided to "pull thefinger out" and get stuck into the increasing list of jobs that I have to do on my Mille.

List of to do's.

Strip and clean front brakes and replace fluid.
Remove the forks and send them on holiday to Engerland for a service and a bit of fiddling as there is more air than oil in the right fork at the moment. ( I thought that the handling was a bit wonky on the sunchaser run)
Fit radiator protection grills (after seing what a stone can do to a Gay Blade radiator and fairing)
Fit new clutch Slave cylinder replace fluid and fully bleed the clutch (This is going to be an orrible job )
Strip and clean rear brake and replace fluid. (another pig of a job on the mille)
I may even remove the rear shock to give it a bit of a clean up depending on how long my forks take.
Since I did the oil last month I am not going to bother with an oil service at this time.

When the wheels are off I will get new tyres fitted as the last ones are shot.
Once I get it all back together It will get a good clean.

Bike ratchet strapped to the roof :2up (jack was put in afterwards for additional balance)

After stripping the forks and posting them off.

I really should have put the R 6 back together before starting on the mille but never mind.
I will let you know how long the forks take to get back as I have been promised 1 week but it may take longer.
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Re: Mille mid - season service

Post by coullstar »

Who are you using for the forks?
Zax
Derren Brown

Post by Zax »

I am using Kais in Manchestser.

Good turn around time reasonable price but really friendly and informative when I phoned.
I spoke to Nick White who will give me a call when the forks are stripped to discuss the rebuild and my requirements :2up
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Post by Coddy »

You should be ashamed, hanging a bike from the joists to remove the forks.

You should have borrowed a proper Harris Front yoke Paddock stand to support the bike, (or should i say, borrow one from someone who would also give you the correct front yoke pin for it :oops ).
Zax
Derren Brown

Post by Zax »

Hanging the bike from the rafters was always my Plan 'A'

However after your kind offer of the stand I thought that my rafter plan was no longer required right up to the point where I had reversed the bike into place and tried to get the stand to fit . :???

So it was back to plan 'A' again.
Zax
Derren Brown

Post by Zax »

I was going to use Bob Grant for the forks however he could not guarentee me that he would have the correct seals in stock for a drop off in the morning and pick them up later in the day service. (prebooked)

It would have cost me a tank of petrol going down and back + the cost of the work.
Kais said that thay would be able to rebuild them the day that they got them and send them back.

Price wise it was similar but less messing about posting them off and I get the added advantage of a tweaked fork set up through Kais. :2up
fazermal
Always ahead of Trouble
Current Ride: KTM Tangerine Twin
Yamaha XT 660 X (recovered by the Dohnut munchers)

Post by fazermal »

what about the service on the top box, or is it another few thousand before it needs done :log
Coddy
Chavtastic!

Post by Coddy »

When i was down at his house dropping off the unusable stand, he commented on the top box being sent off to have an Aga installed, so as to heat up some Rowies and a Tattie and Bean pie on future winter runs.
Ratz
Anyone for cricket?
Current Ride: Jedi Speeder Bike

Post by Ratz »

Coddy wrote:When i was down at his house dropping off the unusable stand, he commented on the top box being sent off to have an Aga installed, so as to heat up some Rowies and a Tattie and Bean pie on future winter runs.
gets my vote for idea of the decade :2up

bit thirsty on fuel though :(
Coddy
Chavtastic!

Post by Coddy »

Think he is converting the Aga to run on wood pellets. Or was it chicken shoite.

Canna remember. :log
Zax
Derren Brown

Post by Zax »

I have just had a call from Kais to tell me that my forks are all done, packed, and awaiting collection from the Courior.

Set up for my weight and riding style with a little tweak to a few bits and pieces.

So far I am very very impressed. I might even get them back here for Saturday :2up

So it is a big :worthy :worthy to Nick at KAIS for the quick turn around :2up :2up
Zax
Derren Brown

Post by Zax »

Well the forks arrived back from Manchester at 11am today and I can't fault the service from Kais.

Superfast turn around from when they received the forks (Wed 1300) to when I got them back (Fri 1100)
Great guys to deal with.

If you need your forks done Use these guys :wife
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

I would wait till you ride the bike, maybe just drained out the oil, cleaned them up and sent them back...... ;)