clutch

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
huffanpuff
Scary biscuits

clutch

Post by huffanpuff »

how can i tell if my clutch is on it's way out? it still pulls ok with no slipping (if indeed it does slip the same as a car) however it seems to appear to not engage the gears without slight crunching
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Re: clutch

Post by Coddy »

Put the bike in 6th gear at slow speed, say 30mph, and give it the beans, (not in a 30 zone obviously ;) ) if the revs rise and the speed disna, then slipping clutch.

If crunching when changing gear, it may simply need adjusting, or it could be selector probs.
huffanpuff
Scary biscuits

Post by huffanpuff »

tried the slipping process and thats fine, is the adjustment an easy job to tackle or should i book it in, or anyone offering their services :log
speedaddictedberk
Knee Flapper
Current Ride: Speed Triple 1050, GPZ600R, K100Rt

Post by speedaddictedberk »

is the clutch cable or hydraulic?
huffanpuff
Scary biscuits

Post by huffanpuff »

:roll should i know this :oops , sorry i'm as mechanically minded as a goldfish, 2001 zx6r J2 if thats any use, just wondering if its a case of adjust a nut or sumething if not i'll book it in
CBRXX
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: decisions decisions

Post by CBRXX »

Does your clutch lever look like the front brake lever with a fluid reservoir attached on top and a hose to the engine or does it just have a cable coming out?

sounds to me like its needing adjusting for a cable and bled for hydraulic
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

Does the bike try to move along when stationary and in first gear with the clutch lever pulled in?

If not then it's more likely a selector problem.
huffanpuff
Scary biscuits

Post by huffanpuff »

ok it has no fluid resevoir on top just the 1 for the brakes, it stays perfectly still when idling in gear with lever in. it maybe just me being a bit on the stoopid side bearing in mind i know eff all bout bikes
missile
Candle in the wind.
Current Ride: Virtual rider

Post by missile »

The only adjustment available on your bike is that knurled nut on the cable -

:wife a clue for you where to find it = that is the black cable like thing that is attached to the clutch lever which is the lever on the left :wife
huffanpuff
Scary biscuits

Post by huffanpuff »

missile wrote:The only adjustment available on your bike is that knurled nut on the cable -

:wife a clue for you where to find it = that is the black cable like thing that is attached to the clutch lever which is the lever on the left :wife
i sense a touch of sarcasim there :roll

which way should i turn it?do i need to pull the lever in while turning it :confused
SugR1
Baw Bag
Current Ride: R1, xj900 ttr600

Post by SugR1 »

sounds like my need oil an fillter. ajust out anty clock but leave a smigen oh play or you will burn it oot. if there ius to much free play it will be sticy an a basterd to get in nuterl. sounds like oil an fillter to me. i change oil 3000 miles oill an fillter 6000 miles. i no worried what yam suzie honda kawa say 6000 miles is to much 3000 is is much better. cos the makers dont want them to last to long. thats why finash qwalty is poo. i thinks pea an ham from a chickin now thats cleever