Honda CBR Probs

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
bambam10125
Direct Access
Current Ride: Honda CBR 600F

Honda CBR Probs

Post by bambam10125 »

Hi Guys

just lookign to see if any one can help me here currently have a Honda CBR 600F 2000 REG and seem to be having some problems with it while running it i will try to explain the best i can.

i can ride along and then suddenly out of no where no matter what revs no matter what speed iit can be completley random some times it doesnt happen atall, but there is a complete loss of what seems like fuel shortage now it has been sitting for about 8 months, i have been told its possibly moisture in the fuel tank.

i will feel a loss of power and then it will just slow down and eventually stall. sometimes if i throttle it it will come back and carry on but the majority of the time it will come to a halt and stall.

Anybody have any ideas that would be great.
Zax
Derren Brown

Re: <FONT COLOR=

Post by Zax »

If it has been sitting then your carbs may well be gummed up and not working correctly.
Fuel in the tank may be stale.
It may just need a real good service and check the fuel filter.

It sounds like a fuel starvation problem

When did the bike last get a service?
bambam10125
Direct Access

Post by bambam10125 »

im pretty sure the bike was serviced just before i bought it last july so its due so its booked in for a service on thursday hopefully that will sort it out.

i filled the tank with new fuel so it shouldnt be that
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

If you leave it for a while does it start?

Possibly carb icing or a blocked fuel vent.

Could also be moisture and a build up of water in the carburettor bowl. Drain the bowl and see what comes out.
bambam10125
Direct Access

Post by bambam10125 »

when it stall it wont start straight away the i have to wait a while then it will start the only way i found that it would start straight away is if i flicked the emergency cut of switch on and off then it would start straight away again.
bambam10125
Direct Access

Post by bambam10125 »

ok so i have changed the fuel filter and now it doesnt seem to be doing it as much any other ideas.