Round 2 - Ding Ding (25th/26th April)

coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Round 2 - Ding Ding (25th/26th April)

Post by coullstar »

Second round this weekend. Weathers looking good again, hopefully I will stay on for more than one corner :log .

Few more new guys coming in and I believe some of the Brit champ regulars are coming up for a recce to show us how its done.
Racing both Sat and Sunday. Cafe should be open as well.
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Re: Round 2 - Ding Ding (25th/26th April)

Post by al »

coullstar wrote:Second round this weekend. Weathers looking good again, hopefully I will stay on for more than one corner :log .

Few more new guys coming in and I believe some of the Brit champ regulars are coming up for a recce to show us how its done.
I was hoping to get down for this one but it looks like I'll be working all weekend! :(
Sheep24
Chopper
Current Ride: Kawasaki ER6supertwin & super stock 675R

Post by Sheep24 »

hows my mate Paul from Banchory getting on coullstar?
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

Very well, seems to have taken to it from what I saw. Im guessing he is ex-motocross as he was quick in the dirt.
Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!
Current Ride: Big sensible pretty bikes with big smooth tyres,
Small bikes with small lumpy tyres and a truck with HUGE lumpy tyres !

Post by Dave »

coullstar wrote:Second round this weekend. Weathers looking good again, hopefully I will stay on for more than one corner :log .

How is your finger?

It doesn’t sound like it hinders you on the road, but will it slow you on the track?
Sheep24
Chopper
Current Ride: Kawasaki ER6supertwin & super stock 675R

Post by Sheep24 »

coullstar wrote:Very well, seems to have taken to it from what I saw. Im guessing he is ex-motocross as he was quick in the dirt.
I think he did a couple of races but nowt serious. Good to hear he is taking to it :2up
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

Dave wrote:

How is your finger?

It doesn’t sound like it hinders you on the road, but will it slow you on the track?
Seems ok thanks. Will find out on Sat.
fazermal
Always ahead of Trouble
Current Ride: KTM Tangerine Twin
Yamaha XT 660 X (recovered by the Dohnut munchers)

Post by fazermal »

coullstar wrote:
Dave wrote:

How is your finger?

Seems ok thanks. Will find out on Sat.

Think ! Glenshee road :log
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

Well what a tale of two days that was.
Sat was the first time on the race bike since the last round. Finger felt ok but was bloody sore after only 5-6 laps of qualifiying so I came in as there was two days of racing to do. Ended up on the B's pole.
3 races on the Sat and 3 wins which was good because I managed to get a decent gap then keep a sensible pace however I didnt push for a whole race so that was still an unknown.

Sunday. A few more of the faster guys turned up so the aim was to qualify on the A's (or fastest top half). Felt really confident in the dirt so I pushed it and managed to scrape into 16th (or last) in the A's. First race was the usual jostling but ended up last after half a lap. TBH I was all over the place as I was pushing too hard to try and keep up. Was following a guy in the dirt and he crahed right in front of me with nowhere to go, luckily I only just hit him but someone then rammed into me. By the time we had untanlged and restarted the leaders had gone through again. Finished 14th but only because one guy dropped out and the other dropped it.
2nd race pretty much the same with too many mistakes. Ended up losing the front with a bit more tarmac surfing. Finished the race but was miles behind. 3rd race was ok. Got past a few at the start but they soon got past. One guy fell off after a couple of laps but remounted and repassed me. All in all a strange weekend and I need to get my finger out if I want to start to competeing with the faster guys.