Hayate Kawasaki out for 2010

Give us your views on the world of Moto GP
Zax
Derren Brown

Post by Zax »

Marco Melandri is to be left out in the cold as team decide not to compete in 2010

HAYATE - the MotoGP team formerly known as Kawasaki - are to quit racing in the Premier class at the end of 2009.
Last year Kawasaki announced its withdrawal from MotoGP competition, handing over their project and accompanying machines to the newly-formed Hayate racing, with Italian fast man Marco Melandri as the team's sole rider.

Hayate's Chief Engineer Andrea Dosoli has said Kawasaki will play no part in next year's MotoGP series: "Kawasaki will not take part in MotoGP next year."

It seems Marco Melandri will, once again, be searching for another seat in MotoGP.

He has had some good showings already this season and it will be a shame if they do not compete.
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Re: Hayate Kawasaki out for 2010

Post by Coddy »

Dont think Melandri will struggle for a decent seat next year. He has plenty personal backers.

There will probably be 2 seats at Tech 3, unless Edwards stay. Toseleand will definately be out. Speis will go there if he wins WSB.
Could be 2 Suzuki seats. Caparossi possibly retiring, and Vermulan may be released. Rumours of Pedrosa going there.
Repsol Honda is a posability, as despite Pedrossa's win at Laguna, his seat is not safe. Although Repsol would like a Spaniard, there are none to take his seat. (Batistuta will in 2011 after 1 season on non factory bike).
No one wants to ride the Ducati, but Kallio might move up to take Hayden's seat unless he gets the finger oot.

The factory teams are not allowed to take on a rookie, thats why Simoncelli is going to have a customer H-onda (will still be HRC engine i would bet), and i would think Batistuta will be the same.