Just a wee reminder - ICE

Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Just a wee reminder - ICE

Post by Borntobewild »

For those of you about to embark upon our well maintained highways and byways, now that spring has finally sprung.

Put you ICE number into your mobile phones - in the unlikely event of an off it does help the paramedics.

Ride safe - Roads bite back :freebird
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Re: Just a wee reminder - ICE

Post by al »

Borntobewild wrote:For those of you about to embark upon our well maintained highways and byways, now that spring has finally sprung.

Put you ICE number into your mobile phones - in the unlikely event of an off it does help the paramedics.

If you do enter an Ice number then remember to disable any screen pin number if you expect someone to be able to access your numbers.

I lost my phone once but got it back because the person that found it was honest and used the ICE entry in the phone book to contact my wife.

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian).
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Post by Coddy »

Or get one of these.
http://www.utagice.com/acatalog/Credi.html
I have one attached to a lanyard. Has next of Kin details, any allegies to medication, blood group etc.
Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Post by Borntobewild »

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) wrote:
Borntobewild wrote:For those of you about to embark upon our well maintained highways and byways, now that spring has finally sprung.

If you do enter an Ice number then remember to disable any screen pin number if you expect someone to be able to access your numbers.

I lost my phone once but got it back because the person that found it was honest and used the ICE entry in the phone book to contact my wife.

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian)(master of the emergency stop).
It's a great feelin when you find that there are still some really genuinely honest folk out there isn't it? :worthy
Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Post by Borntobewild »

Coddy wrote:Or get one of these.
I have one attached to a lanyard. Has next of Kin details, any allegies to medication, blood group etc.

That's great idea Coddy - do the paramedics utilise these too? As the one talking to us last week never mentioned it? I'm interested.
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

Borntobewild wrote:
Coddy wrote:Or get one of these.

That's great idea Coddy - do the paramedics utilise these too? As the one talking to us last week never mentioned it? I'm interested.
That's assuming that they have some sort of computer system on hand to plug a USB stick into and all the security issues the IT folk will have with that. You'll probably find that the USB ports in the hospital will be disabled.

If you do want to carry that information with you then an old school SOS tag or dog tag is the way to go.
Coddy
Chavtastic!

Post by Coddy »

When i had my accident 2 years ago, the computer that was being used by the paramedic in the back of the ambulance had USB ports.
Whether the ports still worked, i don't know, as i never bought the Dog Tag until after that accident.
The tag records your details, the contact details of next of kin, details of any alergies for medication, if you are on medication, your blood group should you need a transfusion, details of your doctor and what medical centre you are a patient, and it is translated into other languages for if you are overseas.
Newbus
Chopper
Current Ride: Triumph Triple

Post by Newbus »

Posed the question recently to my doctor .What is my blood group.Was told if i wanted to know i would need to get blood taken and pay to get the information.

Was informed that other option was if i was a blood doner they would tell me. As i am not allowed to be a blood doner if i want to know what blood group i am i will need to pay or wait till i need a blood transfusion . :???
Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Post by Borntobewild »

Newbus wrote:Posed the question recently to my doctor .What is my blood group.Was told if i wanted to know i would need to get blood taken and pay to get the information.

Was informed that other option was if i was a blood doner they would tell me. As i am not allowed to be a blood doner if i want to know what blood group i am i will need to pay or wait till i need a blood transfusion . :???
Your joking? You'll need to get pregnant then - they tell you for nothing :log :log :log

Seriously though I thought under the freedom of information act you were allowed to request any information on your medical records - that surely must contain your blood group????

p.s. Newbus change your information your gonna get done for misleading the peeps with the Busa
grossohc
Direct Access

Post by grossohc »

Well i,ll bite what is a ICE number, a weather forecast!!!
Coddy
Chavtastic!

Post by Coddy »

I had to pay to find out my blood group before i joined the company i work for in Qatar. Think it cost me £30. Had to wait 2 weeks for the result.
Then on my first day at work in Qatar, got the blood group test again, and got the result within 5 mins.

I.C.E. In Case of Emergency.
Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Post by Borntobewild »

grossohc wrote:Well i,ll bite what is a ICE number, a weather forecast!!!

If you put your contact under ICE -(then their name) in your mobile medics will check your mobile and be able to contact your selected person. Lets hope no one has to use it though.
meepmeep
Mass Debater
Current Ride: ι ∂ση'т ¢αяє ωнαт уσυ тнιηк αѕ ℓσηg αѕ ιт'ѕ αвσυт мє

Post by meepmeep »

Borntobewild wrote:
grossohc wrote:Well i,ll bite what is a ICE number, a weather forecast!!!

If you put your contact under ICE -(then their name) in your mobile medics will check your mobile and be able to contact your selected person. Lets hope no one has to use it though.
Just goes to show you can never post it up to many times.

Good work.
:2up
grossohc
Direct Access

Post by grossohc »

Done :2up
Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Post by Borntobewild »

grossohc wrote:Done :2up

Way to go man :freebird
ElectroFunkDaddy
Baw Bag
Current Ride: GSXR 1000 K3

Post by ElectroFunkDaddy »

whats a ICE Number?..to sound stupid
Ratz
Anyone for cricket?
Current Ride: Jedi Speeder Bike

Post by Ratz »

In
Case of
Emergency
Newbus
Chopper
Current Ride: Triumph Triple

Post by Newbus »

Simon ICE = In Case Of emercency

If you make a entry on your phone with the title ICE and the phone number of your next of kin.
God forbib if anything happened to you the paramedics will probably look at your phone and if they see ICE
that is the number they will call for your next of kin. :P

ElectroFunkDaddy wrote:whats a ICE Number?..to sound stupid
ElectroFunkDaddy
Baw Bag

Ah ok , cool cheers Newbus :D
Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Post by Borntobewild »

Welcome back funkydaddy - long time no hear. Hope all is well? :freebird
ElectroFunkDaddy
Baw Bag

Cheers Quine :D, yah yah :D Season Can't be Arsed Disorder :log :log :log :log
Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Post by Borntobewild »

ElectroFunkDaddy wrote:Cheers Quine :D, yah yah :D Season Can't be Arsed Disorder :log :log :log :log

Know whatchya mean :worthy :boozer
stitch82
Chopper
Current Ride: kawasaki ZZR 600

Post by stitch82 »

I have my I.C.E entered on to my lock screen of my phone, just my name and contact details of my partner. That way my phone can still be locked but paramedics can still get my emergency contact :2up
Akrapovic
ZZR1400.....Just like a Golf
Current Ride: ZX10R and MT-10.
Location: Either grafting, down the pub, being a hermit or at a track-day.

Post by Akrapovic »

stitch82 wrote:I have my I.C.E entered on to my lock screen of my phone, just my name and contact details of my partner. That way my phone can still be locked but paramedics can still get my emergency contact :2up
That is a genius idea. :2up

Good effort.
Zathos
Mr Magpie
Current Ride: Aprilia Tuono Factory R

Post by Zathos »

stitch82 wrote:I have my I.C.E entered on to my lock screen of my phone, just my name and contact details of my partner. That way my phone can still be locked but paramedics can still get my emergency contact :2up
Standard feature on my phone and a very good idea. The 'user' can call ICE direct from the mobile without the need to unlock the phone. It holds up to four 'emergency' contacts accessible to anyone who holds the phone. :2up :2up

I think it is a standard feature with the latest verison of Paranoid, but could be wrong.