Service

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!
Current Ride: Big sensible pretty bikes with big smooth tyres,
Small bikes with small lumpy tyres and a truck with HUGE lumpy tyres !

Re: Service

Post by Dave »

haiax0 wrote:Main overview

Little black box at the back of battery is the immobiliser I'm thinking

I'm assuming 2 fuses, one diagnostic port, one accessory port, one wiring loom manifold thing...

are we going to see you in half an hours time at Westhill for a run ??
Feckdeamon
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: Tuono V4R

Post by Feckdeamon »

Give me a call in the morning, I can come check switches and wiring for you. Have PM'd number.
haiax0
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Ducati Hypermotard

Post by haiax0 »

Cheers Duncan will do! Many thanks for the help!
haiax0
Tank Slapper

Post by haiax0 »

Been goink over it again tonight and the bike starts now but only when I tilt it in the opposite direction of the side stand.... At the same angle as though the side stand was on but on the right side (if that makes sence)

Battery is on optimate for tonight and will try again tomorow :-(
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

The connector at the bottom right of the photo with the two wires looped is the triumph alarm plug.
haiax0
Tank Slapper

Post by haiax0 »

Can you tell by the photo if its in use? Or will it be hard wires into the bike if not?
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

haiax0 wrote:Been goink over it again tonight and the bike starts now but only when I tilt it in the opposite direction of the side stand.... At the same angle as though the side stand was on but on the right side (if that makes sence)

Does it keep running when you put it back on the side stand after starting leaned over to the right?
haiax0
Tank Slapper

Post by haiax0 »

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) wrote:
haiax0 wrote:Been goink over it again tonight and the bike starts now but only when I tilt it in the opposite direction of the side stand.... At the same angle as though the side stand was on but on the right side (if that makes sence)

Does it keep running when you put it back on the side stand after starting leaned over to the right?

Sure does, but only in neutral... as the bike will kill the engine if a gear is selected and the side stand is moved. (as it is intended to to)

The battery is reading 100% healthy and has been charged to full. Tried starting again this morning =

. Disable Alarm (all four indicators show unlock status and signal)
. Turn key into ignition / computer boot up sequence starts with no errors / fuel pump primes)
. Check bike is in neutral and hold in the clutch and press the go button (silence)
. Lean bike to the right hand side (on or off the kick stand) in neutral and she fires up (for now) :confused

Kill switch - side stand and immobiliser (armed / disarm status all work as expected....
haiax0
Tank Slapper

Post by haiax0 »

Think I have got to the bottom of this mystery… Or at least hope I have!

The bike has been intermittent over the weekend but its looks to be the clutch sensor not making the correct contact with the clutch level when engaged. (Which would make sense as to why everything else seemingly works fine)

When I wiggle this about the bike will start when it previously had not, so fingers crossed this is the issues and with a bit more time to look at it properly should be able to consider it a case closed job.

This one really was racking my brains, so for others who are a bit on the electrically challenged side this might be a good post to review if you’re having the same issues.

Many thanks to all who took their time to help me in this post. :2up