Latest from Moto GP.

Give us your views on the world of Moto GP
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Re: Latest from Moto GP.

Post by al »

coops wrote:not seeing the benefit of Sykes or Toseland in the commentating.....................wooden was the word that sprang to mind more of an annoyance than a benefit. Cal was not happy and it would have been a good time to leave him to whatever time he needed to himself.
Cal can be a bit strange at the best of times so it was a difficult call.

Did anyone else notice how dark Cal's face was in his helmet as if something had sprayed up at him? Might be one of the reasons he still had his helmet on so long after propping his bike up at the side of the track.

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian).
Coully
Knee Flapper
Current Ride: 1988 CBR 600FL jellymould Gone
1990 VFR 750FL - Gone
1999 VFR 800Fix -Gone
2006 K1200s

Post by Coully »

there was a sheen or something, I just though he's been sweating like a fiend!
al
Mass Debater

Post by al »

Coully wrote:there was a sheen or something, I just though he's been sweating like a fiend!
Only if he had been hitting the guinnes hard the night before. Neither Rossi or Marquez had black faces like Cal.
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

Marc Marquez really seems to be in a different league. Whilst the Honda is obviously quicker he also leaves Dani in his wake. Meanwhile Jorge seems to have lost the plot. I really didn't expect him to be so off the pace this year. End of last year he was giving Marc a good run for his money. Good to see Vale back in touch.

Good as Marc is, it makes pretty boring racing at the front. All the action is further down the field. I hope Yamaha can come up with something soon.
al
Mass Debater

Post by al »

Gazza wrote: I hope Yamaha can come up with something soon.
Yarek
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: Kwak Z1000sx

Post by Yarek »

I did like the comment about if Lorenzo & co are "Aliens", what does that make Marc Marquez - "the Predator" someone tweeted back :)

I'm caught between being in awe of Marquez and being a bit bored by the race for first. The race for 2nd is good fun though this year.

Maybe they should make him sign with Ducati? :P
al
Mass Debater

Post by al »

Bring back Stoner.
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

Yarek wrote: Maybe they should make him sign with Ducati? :P
If he has any balls, he'll do exactly something like that and try to emulate Vale's expedition to Yamaha in 2004.
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

www.motogp.com wrote:The nine-time World Champion, who made his Grand Prix debut in 1996 and has been racing in the premier class since 2000, is currently in the second season of a two-year contract with Yamaha having returned to the Japanese factory from a spell with Ducati.

Over recent months Rossi has hinted that he would like to continue racing beyond 2014, but on Thursday in Le Mans he provided his most positive assertion to date regarding his future.

Asked directly about his contract situation Rossi revealed that he is in a positive frame of mind about negotiations to remain in MotoGP. He said: “Last year I had some good races, one victory, but in the second part of the season I was a bit too far from the top three. So I wanted to see if this year would be any better.”

“Sincerely I feel better and I am enjoying it a lot, to continue to race and to work with Yamaha and my team. So my project is to make another contract for two seasons and I think in the next weeks, during the next races we will talk with Yamaha in order to continue.
bill.m
Tube steak
Current Ride: KTM Duke, Honda VFR800 Vtec, Triumph Sprint STD 1050

Post by bill.m »

From Bike Sport News, "Ducati have this afternoon confirmed that Cal Crutchlow’s contract has been terminated, leaving him free to join the LCR Honda MotoGP squad.
The team will now field Andreas Iannone and Dovizioso in the factory squad, which now leaves two seats open in the Pramac satellite team.
“Ducati Corse announced today that it has reached an agreement with its factory rider Cal Crutchlow to terminate, ahead of time, the contract that ties the British rider to the Italian team in MotoGP for 2014 and also for next season,” said a statement."

Which means he will be riding Stefan Bradl's bike next year, surely he must go better on a satellite Honda?
Coully
Knee Flapper
1990 VFR 750FL - Gone
1999 VFR 800Fix -Gone
2006 K1200s

Post by Coully »

awesome news :biggrin2 :cool
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

Looks like Scott Redding will get the Factory bike from Bautista. :2up
Bubba13t
Direct Access

Post by Bubba13t »

Sooo Bradl to NGM bet he can't wait (not)

Smith next for the hook, back to moto 2, WSB or BSB?

Crutchlow will fly on the Honda, remember just how fast he was on the Tech 3 yam (errr not as fast as Dovi)
Coully
Knee Flapper
1990 VFR 750FL - Gone
1999 VFR 800Fix -Gone
2006 K1200s

Post by Coully »

well, Dovi was a bit of a "see you next tuesday" to pass, more often than not. Be a shame for Bradlet to get the chop,..... keep him just for that BT advert alone :biggrin2