ULTRASEAL

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
turrajohn
Direct Access
Current Ride: suzuki gsxf 750, Yamaha fazer 1000

ULTRASEAL

Post by turrajohn »

Any of you guys ever used this stuff, am contemplating putting it in before i head off on my jaunt down south. Any comments???
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

Never used it myself. I did use another product (name slips my mind - slimy gree stuff) when I used to do a lot of offroad riding years ago and didn't notice any performance difference to be honest.

I heard a story where they put it (the slimy green stuff - not ultraseal) in the tyres of a couple of bikes which then did a flying lap of Cadwell. As they passed the finish line they ran over some nails or something, intended to puncture the tyres. They then went on to complete anoth lap at race speed without any affect. Whether it's true or not I don't know. Maybe someone else on hear can vouch for it.

I suspect there may be a slight detrimental affect on handling due to the higher unsprung weight, but whether you'd notice it or not is questionable. Might make the bike slower to flick from side to side.

Here's a speel from their website at http://www.ultraseal.biz/home1.htm#currentPageTarget

What Is Ultraseal?

• A TYRE LIFE EXTENDER/CONDITIONER, & PERMANENT PRE PUNCTURE PREVENTATIVE

Ultraseal is a special blend of 24 chemicals in a viscous liquid state which coats and clings to the inner wall of the tyre. Utraseal is a "permanent" puncture preventative and tyre life extender/conditioner, and we believe the only product on the market today that is guaranteed to work very long term in a high-speed tyre. Previously available products (and most current ones) have simply "fallen apart" at speeds of 40 mph and over, because they were manufactured for the construction industries slow vehicles, but eventually made their way into the high-speed markets creating problems. Ultraseal is not a get you home product, it is applied before the puncture occurs, and permanently seals puncture after puncture in the tyre as they occur. Once installed, Ultraseal not only seals punctures, it conditions the inner casing, preventing porosity leaks caused by tiny holes and cracks. In other words after installing Ultraseal the tyres maintain correct air pressure and the need to regularly top up with air is virtually eliminated, and with correctly inflated tyres you get better fuel economy, your tyres also run cooler eliminating that killer problem of devastating heat build-up. Tyres treated with Ultraseal last considerably longer, and unlike temporary sticky oil based sealants, Ultraseal is water based for easy clean out if ever you need to do this. Ultraseal is installed in minutes through the tyre valve with very little air loss and without removing any wheels

What makes Ultraseal different to tyre sealants that have proved not to work?

Technology! Sealants have caused many problems that we at Ultraseal have addressed. Using a highly evolved mixture of chemicals, we have devised a product that is more than capable of working in harmony with today’s modern breed of vehicles. We have included a patented thixotropic emulsion (Thixogel™ ) that bonds the molecules of the product together at speeds up to 150mph, thus allowing the driving complete flexibility. Previously available products, and most current ones, have simply "fallen apart" at around 55-65mph.

Ultraseals abilities & performance does not diminish with speed, distance or time.

Ultraseal does not have any of the failings that previous and many present products have. Apart from drying and balling up in the tyre, the biggest failings of traditional tyre sealants in a high speed tyre, was the inability to seal small holes, but the ability to seal a large dangerous hole or cut, because they contained large chunks of chopped up rubber. Whereas Ultraseal contains only tiny strands of coarse surface synthetic fibres that are stronger than steel when they interlock tightly together, but will only positively seal small holes caused by puncturing objects up to 6mm in diameter, but only in a hole that is in the tread area of the tyre, and that is shrinking in size because there is no cord damage (rubber recovery), which is 95% of today's high speed punctures. Anything bigger, or in the sidewall, with or without cord damage, and the Ultraseal fibres just slowly bleed through the hole, giving a controlled deflation, and usually with a halt or abrupt slow down in air pressure loss at the lower pressures of 10 to 15 psi (depending on cord damage) which prevents damaged rims, and helps the driver maintain control possibly enabling continuation of the journey to remove the vehicle from a possibly dangerous location.

Through Ultraseal International Inc.'s, extensive research and development efforts, our proprietary formulation has progressed far beyond the parameters of what is commonly known as a tyre sealant. Ultraseal is a true tyre life extender and also a puncture preventative.

The Ultraseal Research & Development Team developed an unrivalled proprietary process that has yet to be duplicated.

Ultraseal is a proven preservative for increasing tyre longevity and retreadability and will reduce premature tyre failure by 70% or more. We have reports from retreaders of casing rejection being reduced by over 50%. This achievement is unheard of in the tyre industry.

Ultraseal converts any pneumatic tyre into a self-sealing tyre that will maintain air pressure. Ultraseal has the unique ability to coat the entire inner surface of a tyre and rim without succumbing to shear and stress associated with centrifugal farce that is created within a high speed rotating tyre. Ultraseal's attributes are unparalleled in the history of the pneumatic tyre.

• DESCRIPTION

Once Ultraseal has been installed, it lies dormant at the bottom of the tyre until the vehicle is first driven. Once driven a minimum of three to five miles, Ultraseal disperses throughout the inner air cavity and forms a coating on the entire inner surface of the tyre/rim assembly. The flexing of the tyre and the normal heat build-up allows Ultraseal to seek out and eliminate common air loss problems (referred to as porosity, air migration and bead leaks). Ultraseal then transforms the tyre assembly into a sealed air chamber, capable of maintaining proper air pressure. Thereafter, Ultraseal conditions the rubber in order to retard dry rot and aging (hardening) of the casing. One treatment will provide additional longevity and cooler running tyres for the legal tread life of the tyre.

The advanced technological sealing capabilities of Ultraseal stand on guard to seal punctures as they occur. When a tyre is punctured, Ultraseal coats the surface of the penetrating object, thus preventing air loss.

When the puncturing object is removed, the rubber recovers and the wound immediately closes, escaping air siphons Ultraseal into the wound. The fibres entwine to create a clot that prevents any additional air from escaping. As the rubber recovers, the wound closes and the strength of the tyre holds the seal in place. The specialized polymers and fibres form the clot, thereby producing an airtight seal. The small amount of Ultraseal that penetrates through the wound, past the belts and out through the tread area is referred to as a clot. Once exposed to the atmosphere, the clot begins a systematic chemical cure (another proprietary attribute from the Ultraseal R&D Team). As the clot cures, it makes a positive secure seal that is impervious to water, which totally protects the belts and inner casing from outside contaminants and corrosion.

Ultraseal's formulation contains Thixogel™, one of our closely guarded secrets, which allows Ultraseal to withstand heat and the shear forces created within a rotating tyre. The thixotropic emulsion stretches and recovers under mild to severe exposure of the adverse forces and continuously clings to the inner surface of the tyre/rim. The ability to evenly coat the inner surface against adverse conditions and centrifugal farce is the reason that Ultraseal Tyre Life Extender/sealer will not adversely affect a balanced tyre/rim assembly and does not lose the ability to provide protection for the tread life of the tyre. Ultraseal's operating temperatures under normal conditions range from -40°F to + 302°F. Ultraseals abilities & performance is not diminished with speed, distance or time.

• SEALING CAPABILITIES

If the tyre's integrity is weakened to a point where the tyre and casing are unsafe, Ultraseal is designed to bleed and slowly release air pressure if the puncturing object has severely damaged the inner structure.

Ultraseal will not hide or mask a dangerous wound regardless of how small the damage may be. If the integrity of the casing has been breached and safety becomes an issue Ultraseal is designed to allow air to escape in a controlled manner. This attribute has been confirmed through extensive testing by the U.S. Army, at the Army Proving Grounds, in Yuma, Arizona.

• COATING AND CONDITIONING

Ultraseal coats and clings to the tyre's entire inner air cavity, conditioning the inner surface, eliminating air migration caused by porosity and bead leaks.

It is imperative that the proper amount of Ultraseal be installed in a tyre (refer to application chart). In order for Ultraseal to function, the vehicle should be driven approximately 3 to 5 miles (it is not required to immediately drive the vehicle). This initial driving allows the tyre to warm up and the Ultraseal to distribute. Unlike conventional tyre sealants, Ultraseal contains Thixogelâ„¢, which has been developed to prevent migration from the rim and sidewalls to the tread area at high speeds.

• STANDS ON GUARD

Once the initial driving/usage period has been attained; Ultraseal will be thoroughly distributed throughout the entire inner surface of the tyre/rim.

Ultraseal is a proprietary liquid coating that never deteriorates within the tyre and will continuously stand on guard to protect tyres against air loss for the legal tread life of the tyre.

• WILL NOT CURE OR HARDEN INSIDE OF THE TYRE

People often ask, "If Ultraseal cures from exposure to outside air, then why doesn't it cure by the air inside of the tyre?" Ultraseal transforms the tyre and rim into a sealed air chamber. As the vehicle is driven and the temperature of the tyre increases, a portion of the liquid base vaporises within the tyre assembly's inner air cavity, as the tyre cools, the moisture condensates back into the formula.The inside air actually becomes part of the system. The sealed air chamber prevents outside air from entering or inside air from escaping. Constant air pressure maintenance is not required. We recommend that tyres and air pressure be inspected during routine Preventative Maintenance programs. Ultraseal's ability to maintain constant air pressure does not relieve the driver from conducting visual inspections prior to each trip.

• POSITIVE SECURE SEAL

When a tyre is punctured, Ultraseal is forced against and around the puncturing object by the inner air pressure, thereby preventing air from escaping. If the puncturing object is thrown out of the tyre by centrifugal farce or is pulled out, the inside air forces Ultraseal into the wound and immediately stops air loss. Special fibers entwine, forming a clot, then as the rubber recovers, aided by the tyre flexing as it rotates, the inner air pressure forces the clot well into and through the wound. Once Ultraseal is exposed to the outside air, a chemical curing process begins. The cured clot extends well into the wound, thus providing a seal that is impervious to water (rain, snow, mud, etc.). As this clot cures, it is transposed into a permanent rubberised seal, protecting the inner casing and steel belts against contaminants entering the wound. No other tyre sealant manufacturer has ever been able to duplicate the Ultraseal attributes.
GOKU
Just Passed

Post by GOKU »

ive heard both products can be dangerous because if u get a puncture you dont know its there and even though the product is only there to slow a puncture its not there to stop it but ive never used it

im just goin on old wifes tales :I can't believe it's not butter!

but i would rather know i had a puncture sooner rather than later just for safety resons
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

GOKU wrote:but i would rather know i had a puncture sooner rather than later just for safety resons
Depends how soon you'd like to know. How about on your way over the handlebars? :I can't believe it's not butter!

The slower deflation gives you time to realise you've got a puncture. :roll
The.Rev
Direct Access

Post by The.Rev »

I've used it and can recomend it. Had a puncture a few times (Rob from Sillette's can testify to this, especially when i get a new tyre, 2 days is the record for me... :roll ) and when I've had ultraseal in , it has given me time to get the proper repair. You can see where the puncture is (I check my tyres before I ride anyway, part of the basic safety checks you do.....), and you can then ride safetly to get it fixed (although they state it will seal the hole for the tyres life)

The green stuff was probably called "Slime", that doesn't seem as good as Ultraseal to me, I've used both though.

One advantage of Ultraseal is stopping the tyres from getting too hot, helped me get an extra 500+ miles from my rear tyre.

So, from me, a big thumbs up. :up
turrajohn
Direct Access
Current Ride: suzuki gsxf 750, Yamaha fazer 1000

Post by turrajohn »

I'ts pretty tuff throwing the beast of a GSX F from side to side but i can see the advantages of not having a complete failure when your hamming it down the A68. I think i would rather go with the pink stuff showing on the tyre. I take it that this stuff must coat and set and not stay in a liquid form slopping about?
Dont know if Algie (Town Tyre's Turriff) will be happy about the mess when it's time to change them out though.
Anyone any recommendations on tyres for my bike, i have Dunlop's just now but well scary in the wet!!!. :eek