Don't you just hate...

General Biker Banter

Moderators: al, Administrator

meepmeep
Mass Debater
Current Ride: ι ∂ση'т ¢αяє ωнαт уσυ тнιηк αѕ ℓσηg αѕ ιт'ѕ αвσυт мє

Re: Don’t you just hate...

Post by meepmeep »

blackstorm wrote:People without kids telling people with kids how best to bring them up :nono

One big problem with this country is that people do not have time for kids, without taking them to social events and dining out how are they supposed to learn how to behave in company and without seeing people eating and drinking responsibly how do they know what is and isn't acceptable :confused

There are of course exceptions to the rules and some people just shouldn't be parents.

But if you really don't like kids you have alot more choices of places to dine than someone with kids
Hallelujah.

Some sensible posting other than the usual We Know Best Clique Attack. :2up
airwave
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Yam MT10, 'Rox Scoota (currently on trailer of shame, still leaking oil . . from somewhere internal . .

Post by airwave »

I take my kids out for meals frequently to a variety of places, some tacky, some not.
They have been impeccably behaved on every occasion, Mrs Airwave has done a fine job of bringing them up.
I take them flying only when I absolutely can not get out of it b ut they have been exemplary on every occasion, even when small, between me n Mrs Airwave we managed to keep them amused on flights such that they didn't annoy other Self Loading Cargo.

Screaming brats are a pain in the erse, I have to endure far more than my fair share of listening to the little 'darlings' as I'm stuck in my cattle class seat. It's extremely stressful for the parents of the wee sh1tes (I hope) and winds everyone else within earshot up too.

completely with Lyners n Walter, kids behaving badly in public should be dealt with by their parents, sadly, that sometimes doesn't happen. I'm sure in the majority of cases, most of the time, it does.

You can never take things into your own hands and deal with the wee bratz yourself as it has become a complete minefield these days. having been on the recieving end of 'adult supervision' (i.e. a boot in the backside for being a wee rat) waaaaaay back in the day, it didn't do me any harm but is somewhat frowned upon by our criminal loving pissy society these days.

if it's in a resturaunt, take it up with the resturaunt or leave (before ordering anything, obviously)
if it's on a plane, take it up with the FA's (politely, they can be a ferkin nuisance themselves nowadays) they may relish the opportunity to do something other than cleaning toilets and pushing trolleys for 5 minutes (then again, they might not)

buy 'in ear' headphones, they cut out huge amounts of background noise (for the planes not the resturaunts) :log
dedpidgin2
Tidybeard
Current Ride: Honda Crosstourer Highlander DCT

Post by dedpidgin2 »

blackstorm wrote:without taking them to social events and dining out how are they supposed to learn how to behave in company and without seeing people eating and drinking responsibly how do they know what is and isn't acceptable :confused
:2up I agree completely with that bit. It's the knowing what is and isn't acceptable bit that often doesn't work. Been to a few decent places in my time where parents have done nothing when there kids have been running around like it was a playground... in that case they're NOT learning, or being advised by their parents how they should behave when eating out. Poor parenting. What you suggest in your post was GOOD parenting.

And I completely disagree that people who don't have kids cannot comment on issues regarding their upbringing. I'm not a politician, a musician, or a doctor but I can still validly comment on all those fields because they affect me one way or another. :2up ;)
Zathos
Mr Magpie
Current Ride: Aprilia Tuono Factory R

Post by Zathos »

airwave wrote:.....sage words of wisdom.....
:worthy once again a post worth taking the time to read and understand :worthy
meepmeep
Mass Debater

Post by meepmeep »

Zathos wrote:
airwave wrote:.....sage words of wisdom.....
:worthy once again a post worth taking the time to read and understand :worthy
Cue everybody else saying the same thing. Jees. :roll
dedpidgin2 wrote: And I completely disagree that people who don't have kids cannot comment on issues regarding their upbringing. I'm not a politician, a musician, or a doctor but I can still validly comment on all those fields because they affect me one way or another. :2up ;)
You can't tell a Piano player how to play the Piano if you don't know yourself. You can comment on his playing but it'll mean very little to him because you will not know the process of playing the Piano.
You going to go around telling people how to their jobs now? Doctors, Politicians? :roll
The world does not revolve around your likes and dislikes. Make room for everybody else on planet YOU!
dedpidgin2
Tidybeard

Post by dedpidgin2 »

meepmeep wrote:blah blah blah
Sorry, fell asleep there... did you say something?! :log
McWullie
Armchair Biker
Current Ride: Santa Cruz Chameleon
Location: running away from Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian)

Post by McWullie »

Can Meepmeep & Dedpidgin have there own room please?? :argue :fight :stick :cry2 :cry2
Zathos
Mr Magpie

Post by Zathos »

McWullie wrote:Can Meepmeep & Dedpidgin have there own room please?? :argue :fight :stick :cry2 :cry2

Not yet, I've just opened a big bag of popcorn :2up
dedpidgin2
Tidybeard

Post by dedpidgin2 »

Well, he started it! Image It was all going so well... just a nice simple "Don't you just hate" thread and then he had to turn it into an argument. :roll
Zathos
Mr Magpie

Post by Zathos »

dedpidgin2 wrote:Well, he started it! Image It was all going so well... just a nice simple "Don't you just hate" thread and then he had to turn it into an argument. :roll

This is a discussion not an argument ;) :log
dedpidgin2
Tidybeard

Post by dedpidgin2 »

Zathos wrote:This is a discussion not an argument ;) :log
I disagree, he started getting personal (re: "Get the stick out yer @rse boy", "Make room for everybody else on planet YOU") which, IMHO, relegates it from a discussion to an argument.
Zathos
Mr Magpie

Post by Zathos »

dedpidgin2 wrote:
Zathos wrote:This is a discussion not an argument ;) :log
I disagree, he started getting personal (re: "Get the stick out yer @rse boy", "Make room for everybody else on planet YOU") which, IMHO, relegates it from a discussion to an argument.

Sorry, I missed that one.....ignore function is great :2up

But even so, that's not the way to start an argument.....

....now if he had suggested sticking a badly behaved kid up yer arse.....that would start an argument ;)
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

Badly behaved kids in restaurants can be a right pain in the butt, it's the parents to blame not the kids.

Having said that I agree with Meep in that there's plenty of quieter places to go if you don't like it. Some parents just don't give a shizzle and we're stuck with that.

My kids have flown all over the world with us and I've had no end of friendly comments from other passengers on their good behaviour, even after a Brisbane-Melbourne-Singapore-Schipol-Aberdeen flight without a stopover with a 2 and a 5 yr old. That's because I'm not afraid to give them a clip in public. Not that I need to either, because they know it. And that's the trick. Once they know you can smack them, you don't need to. A warning is good enough.
dedpidgin2
Tidybeard

Post by dedpidgin2 »

Zathos wrote:Sorry, I missed that one.....ignore function is great :2up
Oops. :oops I'll try and remember not to quote him any more... unless it's something worth reading. Holding your breath NOT recommended. :log ;)
Gazza wrote:Having said that I agree with Meep
That's it, you're out of the clique. :deal
Gazza wrote:Some parents just don't give a shizzle and we're stuck with that.
Yep, which brings us full circle back to my original statement in this thread! :log
meepmeep
Mass Debater

Post by meepmeep »

dedpidgin2 wrote: I disagree, he started getting personal (re: "Get the stick out yer @rse boy", "Make room for everybody else on planet YOU") which, IMHO, relegates it from a discussion to an argument.
Your tuppence worth post that started it. Why you even bothered I don't know.
dedpidgin2 wrote: Thanks meepmeep, I patiently await your comprehensive list of restaurants that don't let kids in... seeing as it's so easy I'm sure it won't take you long. :2up
Don't get all bairny now because you can't defend your pitiful posts.
As usual, you do the attacking and I do the defending. I think that tells who should be ignoring who. :2up
How many lovely children do you have again? They must be soooo proud. :roll

Gazza, I'm not defending childrens behavior. Being noisy is not bad behavior, as I have said.
I would never allow my daughter to misbehave in public, but nor would I tell her to be quiet because she may be annoying other people and camel toe betide anybody that suggested it to me. ;)

As usual, this forum will never change peoples views but by feck it's fun giving it a go. :biggrin2

My name is meepmeep and i'm an AberdeenBikers addict. :log :log :log
Ronz
Dummy Spitter
Current Ride: 2010 Triumph SpeedMonster

Post by Ronz »

Can we all just agree that kids are mental whether you've got any or no. They make noise, this is a given. Aye, some parents let it get out of hand (like the ones who didnae seem to mind their ankle-biter trying to nick the cutlery off our table on Valentines night) and some are obviously trying their best. Go to a family restaurant and there will be families there, most will be fine, some won't. Aye it's annoying but it's life.
dedpidgin2
Tidybeard

Post by dedpidgin2 »

meepmeep wrote:Your tuppence worth post that started it. Why you even bothered I don't know.
Hey, at least I'm not a hypocrit! Rules of this thread - "So, one line replies only (no ranting) to... Don’t you just hate...". I attempted to follow that, until you started in on your little one-man crusade. :log And yet on your movie thread you're getting all tetchy when people post a pic out of turn as it was against your thread "rules"! :roll

I think you need to go away and think about what you've done. :log
meepmeep
Mass Debater

Post by meepmeep »

dedpidgin2 wrote: Hey, at least I'm not a hypocrit! Rules of this thread - "So, one line replies only (no ranting) to... Don’t you just hate...". I attempted to follow that, until you started in on your little one-man crusade. :log And yet on your movie thread you're getting all tetchy when people post a pic out of turn as it was against your thread "rules"! :roll

I think you need to go away and think about what you've done. :log
Hypocrite.
:roll
malphesius
Baw Bag

Post by malphesius »

Pedants.
dedpidgin2
Tidybeard

Post by dedpidgin2 »

malphesius wrote:Pedants.

:confused
malphesius
Baw Bag

Post by malphesius »

mmmmmm :P
fazermal
Always ahead of Trouble
Current Ride: KTM Tangerine Twin
Yamaha XT 660 X (recovered by the Dohnut munchers)

Post by fazermal »

Woolworths vouchers for christmas :???
Zathos
Mr Magpie

Post by Zathos »

Gits broadcasting Xmas songs through the open plan office area when you are trying to get work finished :angryfire
Neorion
Supergeek
Current Ride: VFR 800 FI
Best advice I was given
"ride for yourself and don't watch my back wheel"
guess who?

Post by Neorion »

you dont work at talisman do you :log
Zathos
Mr Magpie

Post by Zathos »

No. But there is an idock which is very close to meeting its maker atm :evil

EDIT: Oh FFS the git is whistling to the bloody songs now.
Sod it I'm getting out of here