Ebay cylinder head

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
CBRXX
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: decisions decisions

Ebay cylinder head

Post by CBRXX »

got home last night ready to fit the cylinder head I bought off ebay once I'd got the bike stripped down ready for the new one I discovered the b@stard had a crack in it looks like its been dropped, the casting aroung the cam chain end is bent and cracked and the breather on the cam cover is also bent.
I bought it using BIN with paypal but also at the same time bought a crank for my other engine from the guy without going through ebay for that. this has also been dropped on it's end the mag rotor is bent.

Anyways, anyone know where I stand and what the best course of action is?
I've emailed the bloke but he's not too quick at getting back to me, and I'd like to know where I stand before I speak to him.
Any advice welcome :???
Gismo
Direct Access

Post by Gismo »

Could be tricky if you've already left positive feedback??? if they may have been damaged in transit, which is possible if they were packaged together??? were you advised to take out insured delivery???

If not, then, as you paid via PayPal and the guy has not replied to you in a decent amount of time, say 3 days, then you have reasons to report the seller for not supplying the item as per the auction.
You go through payPal for this.

You cannot do anything through eBay or PayPal for the damaged crankshaft as i was a personal sale. That's down to whether you can speak to the guy at all and what he's prepared to do for you.

Once you've filed your complaint through PayPal they will take over the discussion, they will try to contact him on your behalf to sort everything out.
Usually, once payPal intervenes things happen quickly and get sorted, but, if not then you will get some compensation and paypal will then chase him for the money. Not sure if you get the full amount back, good luck
CBRXX
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: decisions decisions

Post by CBRXX »

cheers Gismo no feedback left so far.
I bought it last thursday, it wasn't delivered till Tuesday and I didn't look at it properly till last night :???
Gismo
Direct Access

Post by Gismo »

Was there any sign of damage to the parcel??
Also, check the auction again, is the damaged bit visible in any pictures??
If it is and there's no damage then the liability relies with the courier, if it was insured
You only have 30 days to report a bad transaction, so, don't get caught up in a long e-mail battle, be firm and polite all the way and advise you're likely course of action in any correspondence if you feel he is time wasting
memini
Direct Access
Current Ride: Yamaha ycs1c and VFR V-teac

Post by memini »

give the guy a phone if you have his phone no if you dont send a e mail . and if he isnt helpfull contact paypal and they shall get you your money back