latest bullshit from stoner

Give us your views on the world of Moto GP
Fizban
Direct Access
Current Ride: Tuono, ZX6

Re: latest bullshit from stoner

Post by Fizban »

Kami do you read your posts before you post them? You really are an obsessive individual.
There is no such person as the greatest bike rider ever!!! Just as there is no greatest ever boxer, footballer
or golfer. All we can offer on any subject is our opinion. Im being serious when i say that you really come across
as a childish, petty, obsessed individual who really needs to take a deep breath and get a life. All that matters about the coming season is that it's hopefullygoing to be a cracker. Good racing. Lot of overtaking and that it's not formula 1.
ITS ONLY A SPORT! :-)
kamikazee

Post by kamikazee »

hows it goin fizban?? check out my quiz :2up
phatkat
Baw Bag

Re: moto gp

Post by phatkat »

kamikazee wrote: i just hope they ban the electronics the sooner the better and just watch who leaves em all for dead and it aint gonna be stoner ;)
You have mentioned this on a few posts now and I'm confused...

If Rossi is so fabulous and Stoner is so useless why would taking the electronic trickery away make Rossi quicker?

Moto GP is a team sport, like any form of motorsport with adaptive rules the rider in this case is just one small link in a very long chain...
Its like putting M. Schumacher in a Toyota, he's not going to win grand prix, I guess he'd be fun to watch but he wouldnt be winning world championships.
As someone stated already, Rossi was the best for many years, but like all good things it wont last forever.
Sherpa
Chopper

Post by Sherpa »

phatkat wrote: Its like putting M. Schumacher in a Toyota, he's not going to win grand prix, I guess he'd be fun to watch but he wouldnt be winning world championships.

True but if Schumacher HAD gone to Toyota, he would have dragged them up to his level eventually and probably would have won something. Don't overlook how dire Ferrari were when he first arrived.
phatkat
Baw Bag

Post by phatkat »

Sherpa wrote:
phatkat wrote: Its like putting M. Schumacher in a Toyota, he's not going to win grand prix, I guess he'd be fun to watch but he wouldnt be winning world championships.

True but if Schumacher HAD gone to Toyota, he would have dragged them up to his level eventually and probably would have won something. Don't overlook how dire Ferrari were when he first arrived.
Hey your 100% right and thats kinda my point, he alone doesnt make a winning team, I was in no way taking anything away from his obvious (and Rossi's) incredible talent.
phatkat
Baw Bag

Post by phatkat »

I'd love to hear kamikazee's quote from the "Rossi book of pathetic excuses" this time...

Different tyres...same outcome!! :cool
phatkat
Baw Bag

Post by phatkat »

kamikazee wrote:stoner currently has upped his pathetic mind games against rossi saying he sees pedrosa as his main rival this year.
what a complete tosspot.
So he was pretty spot on eh?
kamikazee

Post by kamikazee »

phatkat wrote:I'd love to hear kamikazee's quote from the "Rossi book of pathetic excuses" this time...

Different tyres...same outcome!! :cool
its hardly excuses phatkat no other rider in the entire field can catch stoner, that aint down to stoners talent. the use of electronics takes away rider ability, you clearly dont know what your talking about phatkat, you sat your test yet?? if not?? why not?? you clearly have not been watching moto gp for too long neither. and just remember theres only been one race run so far this season. the Ducati is still faster bike package than the rest of the field, Yamaha have been able to squeeze a little more top end out of their latest m1s but still down on top end power compared to stoners Ducati, he doesnt even have to slipstream on massive straights, while every other rider has to?? so go figure......
kamikazee

Post by kamikazee »

If Rossi is so fabulous and Stoner is so useless why would taking the electronic trickery away make Rossi quicker?

coz rossi is master of throttle control whilst stoner aint phatkat. simple......
where was stoner on the lcr honda??? without electronics phatkat?? in the kitty litter with some amazing bike crashes thats where. as for pedrosa being stoners main rival??? what a lot of pish....pedrosa crashed right up the arse of rossi during practice in qatar and had the cheek to flay his arms up whilst on his arse in the kitty litter as if it was rossis fault??? hes a total arse, the very same arse who took out his team mate and points leader and just shrugged it off ever so arrogantly, hayden and pedrosa dont speak to each other... well what a surprise eh??
how many races last year did pedrosa beat stoner in? how many races did rossi beat stoner in?? again..... go figure. rossi bet stoner in assen with stoner sitting pole and rossi sitting 11th on grid. now you tell me phatkat??? how is pedrosa stoners main rival??
Sherpa
Chopper

Post by Sherpa »

If the Ducati is as idiot proof as suggested then where were the other three?

Four Yamahas in the top seven - not too shoddy.

As Toseland alluded to in practice, only Stoner seems to be able to get the Ducati round corners as it's obviously not an easy task.
kamikazee

Post by kamikazee »

Sherpa wrote:If the Ducati is as idiot proof as suggested then where were the other three?

As Toseland alluded to in practice, only Stoner seems to be able to get the Ducati round corners as it's obviously not an easy task.
thing is, the night race, where temperatures were lot colder all field of riders cant ride to full potential, wait till the normal daytime racing kicks off thats where we will really see them bikes fly!!! although the night race, was good to watch, the real racing starts in jerez :biggrin2 thing is stoner is new breed of rider much more suited to the electronic generation, the electronics is killing the moto gp, its too robotic, its too safe now. its becoming boring. the other Ducati riders are gp veterans who are used to racing without such electronic aids. its all just a big myth just now that stoner is the new kid on the block as far as talent goes.
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Post by Coddy »

kamikazee wrote:
Sherpa wrote:If the Ducati is as idiot proof as suggested then where were the other three?

thing is, the night race, where temperatures were lot colder all field of riders cant ride to full potential, wait till the normal daytime racing kicks off thats where we will really see them bikes fly!!! although the night race, was good to watch, the real racing starts in jerez :biggrin2 thing is stoner is new breed of rider much more suited to the electronic generation, the electronics is killing the moto gp, its too robotic, its too safe now. its becoming boring. the other Ducati riders are gp veterans who are used to racing without such electronic aids. its all just a big myth just now that stoner is the new kid on the block as far as talent goes.
Fiat Yamaha's with he pneumatic engine were only 6kph slower at the end of the straight. Tech 3 Yamahas with valve spring engine 12kph slower. So Ducati speed advantage now only slight.

i would now say the Yamaha is probably the best bike out there. Noticably a faster bike in the twisties than the Duke.
Kawasaki and Suzuki dropped off the pace. Hondas 2008 engine is struggling.

As for GP veterans, Guintoli has only done 2007 season at GP Moto level.

Stoner can get the Duke to work, electronics or not. Where as Elias, Melandri, Guintoli, Capirossi canna.
Rossi needs to adapt to the electronics and change his style.

Losail has a very lng straight, the next few races doesnt, so the Yamaha should be the bike to beat. Lorenzo will be on home soil, in Spain.
So Rossi needs to do the first rule in racing. Beat yer team mate.
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Post by Coddy »

Blurb from the programme at Lusail.

Stoner (New Breed).
1. After only 2 years Casey is already the 5th best performer ever in MotoGp in terms of appearances and victories.
2. Stoner is the 2nd youngest rider to win the premier class title after 1993 champion Freddy Spencer.
3. Only 4 other riders have won 8 or more premier class races in a single season. Doohan, Agostini, Rossi and Hailwood.
4. His win in Qatar (2007) made him the first Ozzie rider to win in all 3 GP classes, and also the youngest taking the record from Beattie.
5. At the septic grand prix, Stoner won the race from pole and also took fastest lap, as wel as topping the tables in a 3 free practise sessions and Sunday morning warm up sessions. Only 2 others have acheived this in the 4 stroke motogp ere. Barros in Portugal in 2005, Rossi in Australia and Jerez in 2002.

Rossi (old breed).
1. Rossi now has a winning career in the premier class that stretches for 8 years. His 1st success was at the 2000 500cc British Grand prix. He has more podiums than any other rider, in the 58 year history of the premier class and with a handful of victories in 2008, could overcome Agostini's total of wins, which is 68.
2. Rossi has not missed starting in a GP since he made his debut in the 125cc class at the opening race of 1996 in Malaysia, now his 13th year.
3. He has had at least 1 victory in each of his previous 12 seasons.
4. Most podiums in history of the premier class. Ahead of Doohan. He is the most succesfull Yamaha rider ever in the premier cass with more wins than Lawson (26) and Rainy (24).

Both good records.

Rossi will be a lot closer to Stoner than last season, on the showing of the Yamaha last week. BUT, will he regret changing Bridgestone. Lorenzo may well beat them both.
kamikazee

Post by kamikazee »

Stoner can get the Duke to work, electronics or not. Where as Elias, Melandri, Guintoli, Capirossi canna.
Rossi needs to adapt to the electronics and change his style.

nah wouldnt agree with that coddster mate, stoner without the electronics would have that duke binned no worries, sete gibernau (another toss) crashed his brains out on his final gp year on Ducati (taking as many of the field out with him also hot botty.)

their was word within the actual qatar race that rossi was being slowed up by the traction control when he was wanting to squeeze more out of the yam before corner entry? (however thats not to say its the same for the rest of the field??) but i knew lorenzo is gonna be one to watch this year from the offset. michelin tyres seems to be the babies to have so far, but rossi couldnt have gone on for yet another year with michelin letting him down time and time again, any other rider would have done the same really?? if they had opportunity to switch?? why stick with component that is repeatedly costing you race wins?
other than that coddy, how did ye get on in qatar??? did ye see biaggis first round??? hot botty.!!! superpole= scuppered by gear lever not tightened up properly, race1- binned it race2- holy poo!!!!!! what a big mistake and massive get off!!!!! fackin hell!!!!!!! :log
Sherpa
Chopper

Post by Sherpa »

kamikazee wrote: the other Ducati riders are gp veterans who are used to racing without such electronic aids. its all just a big myth just now that stoner is the new kid on the block as far as talent goes.

Stoner: 5yrs in 125 & 250, 2 seasons in MotoGP

Guintoli: 6yrs as a 250 privateer, 1 season in MotoGP

Melandri: 125 winner at 15. 5yrs in 125 & 250 and 5 in MotoGP

Elias: 5yrs in 125/250 and 3 in MotoGP

:confused
kamikazee

Post by kamikazee »

Sherpa wrote:
kamikazee wrote: the other Ducati riders are gp veterans who are used to racing without such electronic aids. its all just a big myth just now that stoner is the new kid on the block as far as talent goes.

Stoner: 5yrs in 125 & 250, 2 seasons in MotoGP

Guintoli: 6yrs as a 250 privateer, 1 season in MotoGP

Melandri: 125 winner at 15. 5yrs in 125 & 250 and 5 in MotoGP

Elias: 5yrs in 125/250 and 3 in MotoGP

:confused
im reffering to folks saying stoner is the new kid on the block sherpa, as in he is the new top dude, which is deffo not the case, folks are asking the reason why stoner is cutting it on the Ducati compared to the other Ducati riders who are not.
bottom line- stoner could not ride his Ducati so well without electronics hed have it binned in no time just like his first season with lcr honda :2up something else i have noticed with the Ducati gp bikes is, that they must have quite softer suspension set ups?? as when you watch stoner (or even capirossi on Ducati, last year) you see the Ducati wriggling like hell coming out of corner exits compared to the other gp bikes.
this tells me that the Ducati will handle better with softer setting on colder temp track than a more rigid set up which the rest of the field have??
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

kamikazee wrote:something else i have noticed with the Ducati gp bikes is, that they must have quite softer suspension set ups?? as when you watch stoner (or even capirossi on Ducati, last year) you see the Ducati wriggling like hell coming out of corner exits compared to the other gp bikes.
this tells me that the Ducati will handle better with softer setting on colder temp track than a more rigid set up which the rest of the field have??
I think I mentioned the softer Ducati set up in my other post. Soft setups rock! :freebird
phatkat
Baw Bag

Post by phatkat »

kamikazee wrote: bottom line- stoner could not ride his Ducati so well without electronics hed have it binned in no time
question 1/ How exactly do you know this? you have said it about a dozen times on various threads

question 2/ I may be wrong here but...surely these aids are designed to make the bike easier to squeeze an advantage out of... so if Rossi is so wonderful why cant he take advantage of the benefits of traction control etc...dont make sense to me.
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

phatkat wrote:question 2/ I may be wrong here but...surely these aids are designed to make the bike easier to squeeze an advantage out of... so if Rossi is so wonderful why cant he take advantage of the benefits of traction control etc...dont make sense to me.
My Thoughts exactly!
kamikazee

Post by kamikazee »

phatkat wrote:
kamikazee wrote: bottom line- stoner could not ride his Ducati so well without electronics hed have it binned in no time
question 1/ How exactly do you know this? you have said it about a dozen times on various threads

question 2/ I may be wrong here but...surely these aids are designed to make the bike easier to squeeze an advantage out of... so if Rossi is so wonderful why cant he take advantage of the benefits of traction control etc...dont make sense to me.
because the traction control cuts down the power on throttle control the electronics have been brought in on a safety level of things, electronics on the bikes does not let you use the bike to its full potential, otherwise, if you could, the highsides would be back in the racing etc.
the fuel is restricted in the racing also.
how do i know this??? i simply pay attention to what is said as well as watch the racing, also i know this as stoner crashed his brains out 2 years ago on the lcr honda.
the bikes have been dropped from 990cc to 800cc with the use of electronics, which is not always good, thats why so many riders in moto gp are against the electronics. :2up
Nessus
Direct Access
Current Ride: Aprilia RSV Mille R

Post by Nessus »

kamikazee wrote: the bikes have been dropped from 990cc to 800cc with the use of electronics
Wow, and there was me thinking that they'd done it with smaller pistons & cylinders :roll

Of course traction control allows you to use the bike's full potential - it just allows everyone to use it more easily. As far as I'm aware, highsides pretty much dissapeared from MotoGP with the demise of the 2-stroke engines, not with the introduction of traction control.
metallninja
Big Nose
Current Ride: CB1000R

Post by metallninja »

kamikazee wrote:the night race, where temperatures were lot colder all field of riders cant ride to full potential, wait till the normal daytime racing kicks off thats where we will really see them bikes fly!!!
Here`s me thinking that cold air is more dense and aids performance??? But what do i know :arse
kamikazee

Post by kamikazee »

Nessus wrote:
kamikazee wrote: the bikes have been dropped from 990cc to 800cc with the use of electronics
Wow, and there was me thinking that they'd done it with smaller pistons & cylinders :roll

Of course traction control allows you to use the bike's full potential - it just allows everyone to use it more easily. As far as I'm aware, highsides pretty much dissapeared from MotoGP with the demise of the 2-stroke engines, not with the introduction of traction control.
hot botty.!! what you haverin about nessus???? highsides dissapeared with the demise of 2 strokes???? just how often you keep tabs on moto gp???? you trying to tell me that the 990 in line fours did not highside?????? ok, traction control dulls the power on gp bikes on corner entry whilst many of the riders would look to squeeze more power into the entry, why so difficult to understand?? not all electronics on the gp bikes are an advantage,why you think so many of the gp riders are against the electronics on the bikes??? watch rerun of qatar gp and listen to randy mamola saying "it looks like rossi is trying to get a bit more speed out of his m1 but the traction control is not allowing him to do so" mind you i suppose randy mamola wont know what hes on about also?????
kamikazee

Post by kamikazee »

metallninja wrote:
kamikazee wrote:the night race, where temperatures were lot colder all field of riders cant ride to full potential, wait till the normal daytime racing kicks off thats where we will really see them bikes fly!!!
Here`s me thinking that cold air is more dense and aids performance??? But what do i know :arse
hot botty. you bein serious??? surely not??? how about actual grip on cold tarmac as oppose to hot tarmac?? surely you must be takin the piss with that post?? please tell me you are
phatkat
Baw Bag

Post by phatkat »

kamikazee wrote: because the traction control cuts down the power on throttle control the electronics have been brought in on a safety level of things, electronics on the bikes does not let you use the bike to its full potential, otherwise, if you could, the highsides would be back in the racing etc.
the fuel is restricted in the racing also.
how do i know this??? i simply pay attention to what is said as well as watch the racing, also i know this as stoner crashed his brains out 2 years ago on the lcr <FONT COLOR="#FF00FF">Honda</FONT>.
the bikes have been dropped from 990cc to 800cc with the use of electronics, which is not always good, thats why so many riders in moto gp are against the electronics. :2up
Are you being deliberatly dense or are you trying to avoid the questions....?
I know what traction control is so dont be so patronising, what I asked was how do you know that "stoner could not ride his Ducati so well without electronics " :confused you use the example of his poor showing on the Honda, we must remember that this was in his moto gp rookie year at the age of 20 and he did take pole and finish second in his second ever race, which seems to demonstrate an ability to drive without traction control to me... :2up
You also didnt answer the 2nd question which I'll simplify for you....
If Rossi is so perfect why cant he take advantage of the electronics?
kamikazee wrote:electronics on the bikes does not let you use the bike to its full potential
This must surely read "electronics on the bikes does not let Rossi use the bike to its full potential" .. because it doesnt seem to hamper Stoner one little bit!!