Front brake slop???

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Front brake slop???

Post by coullstar »

Right oh, I was reliably informed that my brake light was "loving annoying as hell" at the weekend as it appears to be sticking on or coming on randomly.

Ive had a quick look and it would appear to do with the front brake switch. There is a little play between fully depressing the stop switch and starting to apply pressure to the m/c piston. What this little play is doing is resulting in the brake light coming on even though the brakes are applied.

Ive ordered a new switch as a matter of course and will have a look tonight but I can honestly say Ive never noticed if any of my bikes have had this play on the lever.

Does anyone esle have this on there front brake?
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Re: Front brake slop???

Post by al »

There is enough play on the front brake of my TT to activate the switch before any braking farce is noticed.

Are you sure it isn't your rear brake switch that the problem lies with as those are more susceptible to damage from the elements?

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian).
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

Tried both and it doesnt appear to be the rear. When the light sticks on and I push the lever fully forward the light goes off. Will try new switch, if that doesnt work I'll try a new lever.
baldy
Nocturnal Arse Blower
Current Ride: Ducati Panigale 1199

Post by baldy »

Yep had this problem before ,What i did was glue a small bit of rubber to the part of the lever which
makes contact with the switch plunger ;) This makes sure the switch is fully pressed in when you release
the brake,front brake switch works oposite to normal switch ie; push in to go off :2up
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

That was next plan of attack, supergluing something onto the lever. Cheap and simple.