Rd 2 - with write up

coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Rd 2 - with write up

Post by coullstar »

Last edited by coullstar on Sun May 04, 2008 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Re: Rd 2

Post by coullstar »

If anyone is planning on coming down please put yourself forward to marshall. All you need to do is wave a flag.
blueflame
Late Braker
Current Ride: CBR1000RR
GSXR 750
Explorer 1200

Post by blueflame »

coullstar wrote:If anyone is planning on coming down please put yourself forward to marshall. All you need to do is wave a flag.
Feck me Knockhill again do all the dates clash..???
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

Probably, we are first weekend of every month. I think the next round is right at the end of this month though.
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Re: Rd 2 - with wrie up

Post by coullstar »

Well thats me just back after another eventfull weekend racing.

Saturday
started of by me getting halfway to Dundee then realising Id forgotten my wets and bike stand. Got back to Kirrie then just as I left got a puncture. Managed to get down to the track about 12 to find quite a few guys there and they were using both dirt sections for the first time and running the track in reverse. Signed on and went out until after 3 laps I picked up a front puncture. Came back and borrowed a innertube. Went out and got another front puncture after only 2 laps. I was wishing Id stayed in bed at this point :angryfire Another 4 people punctured so we walked the track and found the offending piece. Wanted some practice so ended up running my wet front but after 15min it was getting well worn so I called it a day. Was planning on sleeping at the track but unforeseen events resulted in me sleeping at my mothers as per usual.

Sunday - Wolk up and all was dry. Headed to Crail amongst the Max (Billy-Ray) Power brigade. Obe little jester in a Max (Billy-Ray)'d up Saxo was a little pissed of with me keeping up with him in a Jreg Passat estate :log
The rain turned up though, mmm shiney tarmac :(
Anyway went out in practice and felt really good. Keeping up with some of the faster guys for a change. 1st qualifying went out and they were having problems with timing. We went out and were called in after 2 laps as the timing was screwed so we ended up doing 6 lap qualifying races. I did ok and finished 6th. I was eventually placed 2nd last of the A races however myself and the last person relinquished our places to two of the top guys as they fell off in the quali race but were somd of the faster guys out there. That meant I was on pole for the B races :eek

Watched the fast guys have a hell of a race. Two of the guys up from England were unbeleivable. 74 is Chris Hodgson who was racing at the World Chamionship in Turin a few weeks ago. :worthy Apparently he said he was just playing with the other guy as he wanted a race. Proved the point by blitzing the others in the other two races.
Race 1 - Got a decent start and was leading into first corner. Kept thsi up and was still leading after 4 laps so I afforded myself a quick peek behind, I was about 4sec ahead :eek . Felt really comfortable and wasnt riding @ 100% when going into a tight left the front folded as soon as I braked. Luckily bike was still running and I rejoined in 5th however I was so pissed off I lost another place from erratic riding. I was fuming at the end of the race, could have easily one.
Race 2 - Another decent start however I was 2nd for the first 3laps. Was feeling really comfortable again and trying to figure out where to pass the leader when the red flags came out. Sitting on the grid after as the clear up went on I noticed some fluid coming from my bike. Pulled off and couldnt tell if it was petrol or oil mixed in coming from the catch tank. Had to go back to the pits but the race started and by the time I found the problem Id lost 2 laps so didnt bother going out. At this point I was really pissed off. It was only petrol so I could have easily stayed out.
Race 3 - It stared raining again and I got a crap start. Was 4th after the 1st lap and was not going to catch the front 2. Ended up getting passed by another guy who I followed for a few laps then got caught on traffic. Settled for 5th.

All in all an ok weekend but I felt I could have easily got some silverware in the B group. Must try harder and stop being so nice.
Needles
Late Braker
Current Ride: K6 gixer thou

Re: Rd 2 - with write up

Post by Needles »

:)
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

oneeyefrail wrote::)
??

Heres a link to some photos of mainly Saturday and some Sunday. Im No.71.

http://scottishsupermoto.com/gallerysm/ ... hp?album=3
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

coullstar wrote:Im 71.
You don't look a day over 40!!! ;)
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

Still reckon I could have saved it :log
Joan take note, always keep the throttle on till the last moment and look where your going. ;)

Needles
Late Braker
Current Ride: K6 gixer thou

Post by Needles »

coullstar wrote:
oneeyefrail wrote::)
??

Heres a link to some photos of mainly Saturday and some Sunday. Im No.71.

http://scottishsupermoto.com/gallerysm/ ... hp?album=3

where did the rest of ma post go ?????????????????
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

Some video of the last round. Not that much action. Nice little slide when I took off :log

A's first then the B's.

http://www.scottishsupermoto.com/gallery.php