what a job !!

Forum from the scary world or road racing!
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

what a job !!

Post by steve »

Yamaha YZF-R1’s heading for the Isle of Man in new TT sponsorship deal

Yamaha Motor (UK) Limited today confirmed that they will be the new supplier of traveling marshal’s bikes for the Isle of Man TT races from 2008. In a multi - year deal, 10 Yamaha YZF-R1’s will be provided as the official travelling marshals bikes.

The traveling marshals, all of whom are first aid trained, are a vital part of the TT races safety programme where speed of response is vital. All of the bikes carry medical equipment required to manage a casualty.
The role of traveling marshal is by invitation only and all the marshals have previous race experience of the mountain circuit, having competed in either the TT or the Manx Grand Prix.

Simon Belton Manager, Marketing, Press & PR, Yamaha commented: “We are delighted to be involved in the TT races in an official capacity as Yamaha has a long history at the event, stretching back to 1961 when we first competed. We believe that the YZF-R1 will really help the marshals as it is a bike that’s fitted with the latest track technology”.

He continued: “The island’s Yamaha dealer Road and Track will maintain the bikes and we would like to take this opportunity to thank them from their valuable assistance”.

Backs 400
Late Braker
Current Ride: Cbr 600 F4

Re: what a job !!

Post by Backs 400 »

Soooo..a packet of plasters and thats about all they could carry on those things ;)

Nice to know that somoen is willing to donate the bikes to help crashed riders though..well done Yamaha
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Re: what a job !!

Post by steve »

i personally hope whatever these guys are carryin in their tailpacks it wont be needed cos if it is needed it will mean a racer has broken down or maybe crashed

watchin these guys in action checkin the course before the race is amazing , they get the whole course to themselves to do a lap to check everything is ok