Recommendations needed Ayrshire area

Gingerpose
Direct Access

Recommendations needed Ayrshire area

Post by Gingerpose »

Ma wee cousin is wantin bike lessons, has anyone got some suggestions who to try or to avoid in Ayrshire? (she's in Alloway but mobile).

Cheers!

Ainslie
McWullie
Armchair Biker
Current Ride: Santa Cruz Chameleon
Location: running away from Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian)

Re: Recommendations needed Ayrshire area

Post by McWullie »

My Brother in Law has not long passed his test there is a bike place no that far away from the Honda Garage in Ayr. He thought the guy that instructed him was great so I will get his name for you.
McWullie
Armchair Biker
Current Ride: Santa Cruz Chameleon
Location: running away from Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian)

Post by McWullie »

Sorry for the Delay the name of the place was West Coast Bike Training Tel Number 02192610003 Hope that helps!!
Ronz
Dummy Spitter
Current Ride: 2010 Triumph SpeedMonster

Post by Ronz »

Avoid a place called ProBike near Irvine, they are f@ckin hopeless! Yonks ago they kept stickin me on this wan bike wi a knackered clutch and they didnae believe me aboot it until it knackered totally! THEN, they stick me on anither wan wi bent levers, wonky bars and the throttle cable snapped comin intae a 30 and stuck wide open... A wid huv hit the kill switch if it hudnae awready broke aff so a'd tae haud the clutch until the revs rose and then snap it oot makin it stall.
Cannae say a wis impressed. Their idea o a CBT only lasts aboot 2 hours and is naewhere near adequate. A widnae gie them ma money.
A'd love tae recommend anywhaur else but a've been up north fer the last few year.
Good luck.