Laguna Seca

Give us your views on the world of Moto GP
Akrapovic
ZZR1400.....Just like a Golf
Current Ride: ZX10R and MT-10.
Location: Either grafting, down the pub, being a hermit or at a track-day.

Laguna Seca

Post by Akrapovic »

Wow, that was brilliant.

Best race this year by far for me!!! :2up

Rossi proves to Stoner that he is still the man. :freebird
Rick_1138
QVC
Current Ride: (Picking up) 2009 Triumph Street Triple!

Re: Laguna Seca

Post by Rick_1138 »

I laughed at Stoner.

"Some of the overtaking was too Harsh."

Sorry all respect for him is lost.

He is in the big boys now, he needs to put up or shut up!

Was a smashing race though.
D3LS M
Late Braker

Post by D3LS M »

Akrapovic wrote:
Best race this year by far for me!!! :2up

This year ????

When was there last a race as good as that ??

Vale/Sete ??
Stew
Just Passed
Current Ride: '10 Z1000

Post by Stew »

I forgot to set sky+ now I'm waiting very impatiently for it to appear on BBC iplayer.......

HURRY UP! Damn work ruins my TV watching! :angryfire
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

Rick_1138 wrote:I laughed at Stoner.

Dont be silly, I think the corkscrew incident is what pissed him off. He was giving as good as he got. Round the putsdie going up the hill rubbing Rossi's fairing is hardly a light footed fellow's move. He may be a tad door but he is a very very good racer.

Interesting at the start though where they were showing braking / throttle. Stoner was getting straight on full throttle before Rossi even though he was behind, me thinks that Duke has some very clever traction control.
Tones
Knee Flapper
Current Ride: Duc ST4

Post by Tones »

That was fookin brilliant, never even reached for a single smoko till the point Stoner came off track. Neighbours must have been wondering who the hell I was screaming at when he did :log

Both Rossi and Stoner were in a totally differant league :worthy
Tones
Knee Flapper
Current Ride: Duc ST4

Post by Tones »

coullstar wrote:
Interesting at the start though where they were showing braking / throttle. Stoner was getting straight on full throttle before Rossi even though he was behind, me thinks that Duke has some very clever traction control.
I noticed that, Rossi was a fair bit smoother while Stoner just cranked it full open out of every turn.

Still, whens the reruns? :log
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Post by steve »

i had a right good chuckle when Stoner dropped his duke in the gravel

good to see Rossi win at Laguna at long last

Stoners forced smile when Eddie Lawson shook his hand whilst wearin a Yamaha shirt said it all for me

well done Vale :worthy :2up :cheers :boozer :freebird
D3LS M
Late Braker

Post by D3LS M »

coullstar wrote:
Rick_1138 wrote:I laughed at Stoner.

Dont be silly, I think the corkscrew incident is what pissed him off. He was giving as good as he got. Round the putsdie going up the hill rubbing Rossi's fairing is hardly a light footed fellow's move. He may be a tad door but he is a very very good racer.

He is a very good racer,but to not shake the mans hand at the end doesn't show him in good light IMO,as for Vale's interview on the beeb :log
ollie
Direct Access
Current Ride: cbr600f

Post by ollie »

top race :2up :2up :2up

good to see rossi get first win at laguna :2up

poor show from stoner, but no surprise :( :( :(
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

Fantastic. Stoner may be an arse in the personality stakes, but he can certainly ride, which is great for the spectator. How boring would the race have been had he not been there.

One again, Rossi showed who's boss though. When it comes to the fairing bashing he's one of the best. Was clearly on a slower machine and yet idn't let the young'un stay in front. Frustration got the bets of Casey in the end methinks.

Another great finish by Chris Verneulen btw. He just loves that circuit. Dovisioso also showed his class by beating Hayden to the line on a circuit he'd never seen before. Not the easiest ciruit to learn by far.

:2up :2up
Sherpa
Chopper

Post by Sherpa »

Well Stoner spat the dummy in Parc Ferme by refusing to shake hands but redeemed himself by doing so on the podium I guess.

Classic stuff though :2up

I think that was an example of Rossi riding at 100% for a whole race - or at least until Stoner binned it. In previous weeks he's had to make up places off the grid and by the time he's in second Stoner was long gone but this time he was able to keep Stoner behind him most of the time and farce his way back past quickly each time Stoner got by. If you'd watched practice and qualifying Stoner looked unbeatable so that's got to be one of Rossi's best ever rides. :P
Rick_1138
QVC
Current Ride: (Picking up) 2009 Triumph Street Triple!

Post by Rick_1138 »

i dont doubt stoner is a goodd racder, but you have to ask yourself, he is a bit on and off, not using the throttle to smooth out the bike as Rossi did.

But Stoner was pushing too hard, as he ran wide after the straight, not once, but twice, he knew he couldn't hold that speed into the corner but did it anyway and lost out both times. As for the corkscrew incident, thats racing, as he was giving some fairly tight overtaking maneouveres himself.

But again, it was his attitude in Parc Ferme that makes me remember why i don't like the man, he has everything, but spits the dummy out if the bike, team, other racers don't work 100% to his liking.

In saying that, when he binned it i was annoyed as i wanted to see the race go all the way to the finish.

He simply needs to buck up his attitude and stop blaming everyone, Jenson Button did that at the start of F1, now he is a lot more relaxed, and works with the team, who will become a dominating farce in the 2010 season when a lot of changes are happening to the cars, i.e. removing electronics.
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

Sherpa wrote:If you'd watched practice and qualifying Stoner looked unbeatable so that's got to be one of Rossi's best ever rides. :P
Sure was. On a par with his first ever ride on the Yam. I actually thought he might bin it he was trying so hard to get straight back in front. Certainly guessed it would come to tears for one of them before the end.

Bring on the next half of the season.
D3LS M
Late Braker

Post by D3LS M »

I re watched the corkscrew incident a few times now...

Rossi was out of control at the summit hence the reason cut across Stoner's line,which I now think that's what pissed Stoner off.They said on the beeb that they reckoned Stoner wouldn't have known Rossi was over the gravel,but on the still shot on sky + Rossi was actually ahead of Stoner and as he (Rossi) came back on track Stoner had to almost stop the bike,probablt also pissing off Stoner,but as Rossi said in his interview......that's racing :2up
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

R2D2 wrote:I re watched the corkscrew incident a few times now...

Rossi was out of control at the summit hence the reason cut across Stoner's line,which I now think that's what pissed Stoner off.They said on the beeb that they reckoned Stoner wouldn't have known Rossi was over the gravel,but on the still shot on sky + Rossi was actually ahead of Stoner and as he (Rossi) came back on track Stoner had to almost stop the bike,probablt also pissing off Stoner,but as Rossi said in his interview......that's racing :2up
Of course, Casey's never run anyone off track and gone on to win has he? :roll
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

Rick_1138 wrote:
In saying that, when he binned it i was annoyed as i wanted to see the race go all the way to the finish.

He simply needs to buck up his attitude and stop blaming everyone, Jenson Button did that at the start of F1, now he is a lot more relaxed, and works with the team, who will become a dominating farce in the 2010 season when a lot of changes are happening to the cars, i.e. removing electronics.
Yeah I hoped that it would have gone to the finish. I actually think Stoner would have won it TBH. Thing is they had been involved in one of the hardest races for a long time plus he fell off and so he was obvisouly pissed off. I dont think any of us would have gotten off a bike in those cirumstances and felt that great.
As for Jenson Boring, hahahahaha no loving chance!!!!
roadie scot
Mr Angry
Current Ride: GSXR-1000 K4

Post by roadie scot »

coullstar wrote:
Rick_1138 wrote:Interesting at the start though where they were showing braking / throttle. Stoner was getting straight on full throttle before Rossi even though he was behind, me thinks that Duke has some very clever traction control.
:stupid

as said he's obviously pretty good to ride where he is but how much is it down to his electronics??? get rid of them and see how good he is because he wasn't demonstrating any form of throttle or braking control.

All or nothing was the norm for the Ducati
Zathos
Mr Magpie
Current Ride: Aprilia Tuono Factory R

Post by Zathos »

Hats off to both Stoner and Rossi :worthy

But experience and ability will propably edge the season to Rossi now :cool
Sherpa
Chopper

Post by Sherpa »

roadie scot wrote:
as said he's obviously pretty good to ride where he is but how much is it down to his electronics??? get rid of them and see how good he is because he wasn't demonstrating any form of throttle or braking control.
i
Agree with that but you also have to look at the other 3 Ducatis (2 with previous MotoGP winners on board)
and ask where were they?

Stoner and Rossi seem to be streets ahead of everyone else (Pedrosa apart).

Roll on the rest of the season - why does the summer break have to be now? :(
grantwils
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: '03 Thundercat

Post by grantwils »

I was almost falling asleep before the race came on and had just said to the Mrs that I didn't think I'd be able to stay awake for the race. I soon brightened up. Literally on the edge of my seat.

Stunning performance by Rossie and Stoner although he was a bit 'toys out the pram' ish in parc ferme.
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

Sherpa wrote:Agree with that but you also have to look at the other 3 Ducatis (2 with previous MotoGP winners on board) and ask where were they?

Stoner and Rossi seem to be streets ahead of everyone else (Pedrosa apart).
Exactly

Sherpa wrote:Roll on the rest of the season - why does the summer break have to be now? :(
At least it gives Danni time to heal. Had he dropped too far behind, his competitive edge may have waned (as has Lorenzo's by the look of it).
therenster
Baw Bag
Current Ride: Jill

Post by therenster »

Best race since the Rossi v Capirossi duel at Mugello a few years back.

Someone was always going to make a mistake as they were racing so closely (but fairly). Unfortunately for Stoner it was him. I was extremely dissapointed with his reaction afterwards however. When Stoner or Pedrosa win races by country miles Rossi is always the first to congragulate them. But turn the tables and the little Ozzy kid spits the dummy. Ach well, guess it was the embarrasment of dropping it at 2mph!!

Im going home to watch it again tonight - this time with a beer in hand :freebird :worthy
Stew
Just Passed
Current Ride: '10 Z1000

Post by Stew »

Just finished watching this on iplayer (came on too late last night and I had work to do! :angryfire

It was awesome. :2up