Replacemnt Indicators

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
BIGSTEVE
I can't believe it's not crotchbutter
Current Ride: Rocket 3 Roadster

Replacemnt Indicators

Post by BIGSTEVE »

I replaced my indicators with newer better looking ones but sometimes they don't work. I have checked my connections which seem to be faultless, it seems to be when you apply pressure to the lights or knock them they cut out. Would this be a fault in the internals of the indicators, loose connection maybe? Any help appreciated as the mot is at the end of next month and if they are still tempremental it may fail its mot.
blagger
Chopper
Current Ride: GSXR 600 SRAD

Re: Replacemnt Indicators

Post by blagger »

could be a broken wire somewhere on the indicator. when one fails does both on that side fail eg if front left stops working does the rear left also stop working or just flash faster. and the same for the right. is this happening to both left and right sets?.

quick way to fault find is to stick old indicators back on and see if it stills happens if not then you know to look about the new indicators for the fault. make sure bulbs are in securely etc etc.....
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Re: Replacemnt Indicators

Post by steve »

open up the left hand handlebar switches an check the screw that acts as the pivot for the indicator switch is tight . ive had a problem in the past of that screw working itself loose an affecting the function of the indicators