Avon vs Brigestone

iamnotrossiyet
Direct Access
Current Ride: VT500E CB125T and a £40 astra ocassional cr250 klx250

Avon vs Brigestone

Post by iamnotrossiyet »

i was wondering if anyone could offer advice, i am looking to change the tyres on my bike and can't choose between the avon am26 or brigestone bt45, my bike has metzler at the moment and in bout 1000 miles will need new tyres, i wont be going for the metzler again as it's rock hard and pushes in corners when being spirited, saying that its the best tyre i've ever used in the wet!
RK6
Would you like a mushroom?
Current Ride: Hypermotard SP

Re: Avon vs Brigestone

Post by RK6 »

iamnotrossiyet wrote:i was wondering if anyone could offer advice, i am looking to change the tyres on my bike and can't choose between the avon am26 or brigestone bt45, my bike has metzler at the moment and in bout 1000 miles will need new tyres, i wont be going for the metzler again as it's rock hard and pushes in corners when being spirited, saying that its the best tyre i've ever used in the wet!
Which bike requires new tyres?

Best bet is to head into the likes of Sillets and ask them for advice.

They'll look at the wear on your current tyre and suggest a suitable replacement to suit your riding. :2up
iamnotrossiyet
Direct Access
Current Ride: VT500E CB125T and a £40 astra ocassional cr250 klx250

Post by iamnotrossiyet »

it's for the vt500ef anything with a more rounded side to it would be better as its possible to go off the side of the metzler on the front if you were to get carried away!
reclaimer
Direct Access
Current Ride: Ah hell, all gone, but still have the little 'ol VL1500

Post by reclaimer »

I tend to use Avon storm tyres on my zzr 1100, zzr 600 and various others, good grip and top handling in the wet.
RK6
Would you like a mushroom?
Current Ride: Hypermotard SP

Post by RK6 »

I'd be tempted to try the Metzeler Roadtec's or the Lasertec's if I were you but like I said before the tyre man will know what's best for you!

Personally I tend to vouch for Michelins Pilot Power 2ct's but different tyres suit different bikes & different riding styles!

I'm currently running the Metzeler Sportec M3's are they're superb! :2up