Rossi

Give us your views on the world of Moto GP
Yamahahaha
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: 2007 Yamaha R.1

Rossi

Post by Yamahahaha »

Well it looks like Rossi will be World Champion again. Next season looks good, Lorenzo & Stoner will push him hard. Can't see Spies doing any better than JT.
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Re: Rossi

Post by Coddy »

Rossi needs 12 points in the next 2 races, so a 4th place is good for 13 points, no matter what Lorenzo does, so the title looks good for 2009.

Next year, yip Stoner and Lorenzo will be the main threat. But Rossi will want title number 10, before he leaves Yamaha for one final season on the Ducati in 2011.

Spies will do better than JT i would say. I don't think JT hs been given the same equipment 2nd half of this season as Edwards though. Might be one evoluton of the bike behind. And has not done anything this season to really justify staying in MotoGp.
Spies will not be like that, he will be on the same stuff as Edwards, and is the future team mate of Lorenzo for 2011.

Simoncelli will be on top Honda equipment at Gresini, as he will move upto the Factory Repsol team in 2011 so he will be a threat to Pedrossa.
acebobby
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: S1000RR (Road bike)
CBR600RR (Track Bike)

Post by acebobby »

Rossi is not interested in riding for Ducati

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-rac ... /8495.html

Also you have to wonder how much of an advantage the factory riders will have over the satalite rirers next year since everyone is only aloud 7 engines each and they will be sealed at the begining of the year, that means no engine development throughout the year!
Capparossi only managed to make his 5 engines this year since Brno last 4 races so it could be mayhem next year!
cbr1100
Here's one I made earlier!
Current Ride: Kawasaki ZZR 1400

Post by cbr1100 »

I have followed Spies career in AMA for several years now, watch out for him next year if i was \edwards i would be nervous, although they get on very well.
Simoncelli may not have the top bike but he does have Balls............. :freebird
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Post by steve »

Rossi has had a pretty good year in my opinion , he has had great battles with the 3 other "aliens" an its looking like he will come out on top again :worthy

i personally think Lorenzo was so stupid yesterday in the reckless way he rode into Hayden at the start of the race and ended up in the kitty litter , at this stage of the season and knowing he was the only guy cabable of beating Rossi in the championship i think he should have been more careful , he was down on performance compared to Rossi and Stoner but surely a 3rd or 4th would have been better than a wrecked bike , injuries and a 38 point gap :eek

im so not believing the whole Stoner thing about him being off with sickness etc , Eurosport said at Estorill he hadnt sat on a bike for 9 weeks yet he has ridden that bike flawlessly in the last 2 races , Rossi was very clever yesterday in not battling too much with him an just keeping up with him to gain valuble points for his title chances

i firmly believe JT hasnt had the bike or team help to pose a bigger threat to the front runners , dont forget he is a double world champion and he has proved in my opinion he is capable of taking on the worlds best and beating them

ive watched Ben Spies in AMA Superbikes an he is an awesome racer , for years he raced in the shadow of Matt Maladin an to win the last 3 AMA titles before going to WSBK is well impressive , i believe with the right help an the right bike he will shock a few folks in MotoGP , i really hope he can beat Haga in the last round of WSBK next wknd an win the title
rodsquad
Direct Access
Current Ride: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by rodsquad »

I agree about Spies. I think he will make a better job of it than Toseland. You just have to see the way he has taken the WSB by the scruff of its neck. He has romped races he had never even seen before. Toseland has used that excuse more than once in moto gp. However i would personally prefer Haga to win the championship as he has been so close so many times i feel he deserves it.

I do worry how boring moto gp is becoming though. There is no doubt WSB races are more action packed. WSS has also provided some of the most exciting races i have seen this season. Cal Crutchlow is one to watch for sure.

Toseland will not have it easy next year.
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

What impresses me about Spies is the way he has not only won at tracks he's never seen before, but also taken most of the poles.
acebobby
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: S1000RR (Road bike)
CBR600RR (Track Bike)

Post by acebobby »

Moto2 will be the one to watch next year, 30+ bikes with cbr600 engines all identically tuned to 150bhp, with Dunlop control tyres, and to top it off all riden by world class riders from superbikes, supersport, 125s, 250s, and motogp! This could be the most competitive class ever!
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Post by Coddy »

acebobby wrote:Moto2 will be the one to watch next year, 30+ bikes with cbr600 engines all identically tuned to 150bhp, with Dunlop control tyres, and to top it off all riden by world class riders from superbikes, supersport, 125s, 250s, and motogp! This could be the most competitive class ever!
100% agree.
Roll on.
Ratz
Anyone for cricket?
Current Ride: Jedi Speeder Bike

Post by Ratz »

Coddy wrote:
acebobby wrote:Moto2 will be the one to watch next year, 30+ bikes with cbr600 engines all identically tuned to 150bhp, with Dunlop control tyres, and to top it off all riden by world class riders from superbikes, supersport, 125s, 250s, and motogp! This could be the most competitive class ever!
100% agree.
Roll on.
have the full lineups been posted for this yet????
gonna have to have a looksie

edit : never mind, riders to be confirmed by nov 2
Akrapovic
ZZR1400.....Just like a Golf
Current Ride: ZX10R and MT-10.
Location: Either grafting, down the pub, being a hermit or at a track-day.

Post by Akrapovic »

I'm sitting comfortably, I can wait till then. :P

;)