Steve plater close shave

Forum from the scary world or road racing!
Sheep24
Chopper
Current Ride: Kawasaki ER6supertwin & super stock 675R

Steve plater close shave

Post by Sheep24 »

:eek
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Re: Steve plater close shave

Post by steve »

hmmm , top of baggarowe ! the run from there down to the bottom of baggarowe an onto Kirkmichael is awesome :worthy
meepmeep
Mass Debater
Current Ride: ι ∂ση'т ¢αяє ωнαт уσυ тнιηк αѕ ℓσηg αѕ ιт'ѕ αвσυт мє

Post by meepmeep »

FFS!

You can see the bike standing up because he's looking at that big lump barrier thing I can't believe it's not butter!
VERY close call! :(
steve
Tank Slapper

Post by steve »

meepmeep wrote::eek
FFS!

You can see the bike standing up because he's looking at that big lump barrier thing Shut that door!
VERY close call! :(

when you get to the big church at the top of baggarowe you just open the throttle an crank it over to the left an blast down the hill to the bottom of baggarowe , its feckin awesome :freebird

then again Plater wounldnt have been doin 60 from hanleys :log
meepmeep
Mass Debater

Post by meepmeep »

JT52 wrote:

when you get to the big church at the top of baggarowe you just open the throttle an crank it over to the left an blast down the hill to the bottom of baggarowe , its feckin awesome :freebird

then again Plater wounldnt have been doin 60 from hanleys :log
It's one thing I have NEVER EVER wanted to do, IOM TT! :eek

:worthy
steve
Tank Slapper

Post by steve »

meepmeep wrote:It's one thing I have NEVER EVER wanted to do, IOM TT! :eek

ah dude you gotta do it , you would love it , its a feckin blast every day over there :freebird :boozer
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Post by Coddy »

I'll bet something like this happens to these guys a few times, every session.
Difference being, they get thought it without requiring new boxer shorts.
Flamedamper
Tube steak
Current Ride: Gsxr 750

Post by Flamedamper »

Sh*t, made me shudder :eek
Ronz
Dummy Spitter
Current Ride: 2010 Triumph SpeedMonster

Post by Ronz »

I'm the opposite, I'd LOVE to have a crack at the TT. Get to ride like a nutter on dodgy roads, LEGALLY :P
steve
Tank Slapper

Post by steve »

Ronz wrote:I'm the opposite, I'd LOVE to have a crack at the TT. Get to ride like a nutter on dodgy roads, LEGALLY :P

hmmm , well for starters the TT course does not consist of dodgy roads , i also personally think you would need a much better bike than you have got cos you would probably be alot slower than the majority of folk over there an therefore you would be dangerous , an regarding riding like a nutter take a read of this

David Brian Glossop, 29, from Wilmslow in Cheshire, was filmed by a police motorcyclist with a video camera as he sped alonng the Cronk y Voddy straight towards Kirk Michael. Police say Mr Glossop rode at speeds in excess of 100mph, as well as riding on the wrong side of the road near blind bends.

Glossop admitted the charge in relation to the incident, which happened just after this year's Manx Grand Prix.

Mr Moyle said he was giving credit for the defendant's honesty in admitting the charge, but he had to be consistent in sentencing.

Glossop was also banned from driving for two-and-a-half years. :eek

folk that ride like knobs over there an get caught get the book thrown at them by the courts , a TT racer was jailed last year after a wee trip round the course in his van an getting caught driving like a knob
doogle
Baw Bag
Current Ride: ZXR750L2,CBR600FX

Post by doogle »

Ronz wrote:I'm the opposite, I'd LOVE to have a crack at the TT. Get to ride like a nutter on dodgy roads, LEGALLY :P
like jt52 says theres no dodgy roads at the iom and if you fancy going round the track and never been before. id advise you to go when the racing is not on so you get to know the roads before the TT or your asking for trouble.
Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Post by Borntobewild »

doogle wrote:
like jt52 says theres no dodgy roads at the iom and if you fancy going round the track and never been before. id advise you to go when the racing is not on so you get to know the roads before the TT or your asking for trouble.
Maybe no doggy roads but plenty of doggy folk - no pointin any elbows I can't believe it's not butter! :freebird
steve
Tank Slapper

Post by steve »

Borntobewild wrote: plenty of doggy folk - no pointin any elbows Shut that door! :freebird

hey C did you not mean dodgy folk ??? if so i cant think who you are referring to :log :log :log
baldy
Nocturnal Arse Blower
Current Ride: Ducati Panigale 1199

Post by baldy »

Plenty of DODGY folk over there and travel over :log :log :log As for roads they are not all great roads there are some shizzle ones but not as bad as the ones over here :evil They ARE PUBLIC ROADS and not a track .Not every one who goes over during the TT rides or thinks the are a top racer you can ride at a slower pace but just keep into the left or you may lose you mirrors ;) .There are however many who go over and THINK they are the dogs bollocks on their bikes but most end up in Nobles :( (Local Hospital )Take a trip over Ronz its not all sports bikes its ALL bikes you will have a great time :2up
Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Post by Borntobewild »

JT52 wrote:
Borntobewild wrote: plenty of doggy folk - no pointin any elbows Shut that door! :freebird

hey C did you not mean dodgy folk ??? if so i cant think who you are referring to :log :log :log
Sh*t I really should spell check b4 I post. (Just call me bum and bummer)Thanks for the correction S. :nono Anyhoo, course there are all sorts of folk that go making it such an eclectic mix, which only goes to add to the brilliant craic. We've all met some brilliant folk, made new friends and only very few assh8les to be found, (who make it unsafe for other riders)so cannae be that bad eh?
Sheep24
Chopper

Post by Sheep24 »

i can HIGHLY recommend going to watch a Irish road race other than the overated NW200(just my opinion)
Skerries, cookstown, Armoy.............. list is endless and also Scarbourgh is cracking :2up
steve
Tank Slapper

Post by steve »

C , we have met some right characters over the years at the TT eh , had loads of laughs an still more to come :freebird

i personally find the worst bit about riding the TT course to be having to deal with the asswipes who dont know what thier mirrors are for an they pull out just as your about to overtake them :nono

you get a right wake up call on the mountain when your up there going along at a pace your comfy with an then all of a sudden you get passed by a couple of racers out for a blast an they pass you like your standing still :eek :log
Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Post by Borntobewild »

Sheep24 wrote:i can HIGHLY recommend going to watch a Irish road race other than the overated NW200(just my opinion)
Skerries, cookstown, Armoy.............. list is endless and also Scarbourgh is cracking :2up
Would love to have the time to spend a month or two just travelling and watching all the above road races. Have watched a lot of them on T.V. and they are excellent. Lucky you to have all the spare time to manage them all. :worthy
Sheep24
Chopper

Post by Sheep24 »

Borntobewild wrote:
Sheep24 wrote:i can HIGHLY recommend going to watch a Irish road race other than the overated NW200(just my opinion)
Would love to have the time to spend a month or two just travelling and watching all the above road races. Have watched a lot of them on T.V. and they are excellent. Lucky you to have all the spare time to manage them all. :worthy
No spare time sacrafice alot for it
Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Post by Borntobewild »

Sheep24 wrote:
Borntobewild wrote:
No spare time sacrafice alot for it
Good on you then. Are you participating in any of them this year?
Sheep24
Chopper

Post by Sheep24 »

yip 3 X Scarbourgh, cookstown, tandragee, bush, mid-antrim, skerries, Armoy and Ulster gp or Manx dependant on money/sponsorship :(
meepmeep
Mass Debater

Post by meepmeep »

Sheep24 wrote:yip.....Scarbourgh....

Mega scary!!!!

What's Les doing this year? Similar? I've lost contact with the crew.
Sheep24
Chopper

Post by Sheep24 »

scarbourghs just like a run around in the park :log Spoke to Les last year nae sure if he is racing this year? i know his GSXR600 from last year is on ebay? would think nw200 to start.
meepmeep
Mass Debater

Post by meepmeep »

Sheep24 wrote:scarbourghs just like a run around in the park :log
Literally! :log

Last time I heard about Les he was really toiling for sponsors. Nae good :(
Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Post by Borntobewild »

Sheep24 wrote:yip 3 X Scarbourgh, cookstown, tandragee, bush, mid-antrim, skerries, Armoy and Ulster gp or Manx dependant on money/sponsorship :(

The very best of luck to you and hope you get a good deal with your sponsorship. Hope to see you on the T.V. Respect :freebird