Isle of Man 2011

Forum from the scary world or road racing!
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Isle of Man 2011

Post by Coddy »

Accomodation booked.
Ferry Booked.

Going for race week. :2up
garymitch
Mr Angry

Re: Isle of Man 2011

Post by garymitch »

me too :2up
baldy
Nocturnal Arse Blower
Current Ride: Ducati Panigale 1199

Post by baldy »

Ferry Booked and accomodation :2up Middle of practice and race week :freebird
blueflame
Late Braker
Current Ride: CBR1000RR
GSXR 750
Explorer 1200

Post by blueflame »

baldy wrote:Ferry Booked and accomodation :2up Middle of practice and race week :freebird

What he said :freebird
huffanpuff
Scary biscuits

Post by huffanpuff »

planning making 2011 my 1st year visit, be taking the bike so if anyone can gimme info, getting gear over/ferries/where to stay/etc etc etc then that be cool...oh and where to book, basically everything that i need to know :2up , or ian you could just come in past work wi all the info i need :log
blueflame
Late Braker
Current Ride: CBR1000RR
GSXR 750
Explorer 1200

Post by blueflame »

huffanpuff wrote:planning making 2011 my 1st year visit, be taking the bike so if anyone can gimme info, getting gear over/ferries/where to stay/etc etc etc then that be cool...oh and where to book, basically everything that i need to know :2up , or ian you could just come in past work wi all the info i need :log
No probs Kev i'll nip in by :2up
huffanpuff
Scary biscuits

Post by huffanpuff »

blueflame wrote:
huffanpuff wrote:planning making 2011 my 1st year visit, be taking the bike so if anyone can gimme info, getting gear over/ferries/where to stay/etc etc etc then that be cool...oh and where to book, basically everything that i need to know :2up , or ian you could just come in past work wi all the info i need :log
No probs Kev i'll nip in by :2up
good lad, cheers buddy, i'll have the kettle on :roll
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Post by steve »

Just incase any of you guys are interested the first practise session for this years TT is tonight , it's starting about 6.20pm , I've heard the sidecars are going out first as there is some solo racers racing at Thruxton BSB this afternoon before getting a flight to the island for tonights practice

Tune into Manx radio (google it) if you want to listen in to the action :freebird
Ninja Winja
Direct Access
Current Ride: Aprilia Shiver, Honda Cityfly

Post by Ninja Winja »

Yeah I'm going :freebird
I roll in to Douglas on Sunday evening. Setting off very early morning. Unfortunately I will miss suberbike and first sidecar races on Saturday. :( Are the races on Telly :confused
Anyone riding down on Sunday?
How about meeting up for liquid refreshments next week on the Island? :cheers
PM me mobile number if up for it. :arse
Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Post by Borntobewild »

Ninja Winja wrote:Yeah I'm going :freebird
I roll in to Douglas on Sunday evening. Setting off very early morning. Unfortunately I will miss suberbike and first sidecar races on Saturday. :( Are the races on Telly :confused
Anyone riding down on Sunday?
How about meeting up for liquid refreshments next week on the Island? :cheers
PM me mobile number if up for it. :arse

don't encourage Steve, Ninja - he's always up for liquid refreshments :freebird
steve
Tank Slapper

Post by steve »

Excuse me !!! I resemble that remark :log :boozer

I'm sure I sent you a pm wi my mobile number ninja , I'll send you another one , I think I remember your staying near bray hill ??? I'm stayin near the grandstand , we could meet in the beer tent behind the grandstand for a few sociable refreshments , the TT is thirsty work :log :cheers :boozer

Hope you have a safe run down dude (same goes for the others from here that are coming to the TT ) watch out for speed cameras on the flyovers on the M6 :freebird
steve
Tank Slapper

Post by steve »

Well last nights practice went well , there was a few retirements but everyone got back safe eventually as far as I know , Guy Martin reportedly ran out of fuel on his 2nd lap an had to push his bike back into the paddock , his team mate (a TT newcomer) managed to come off his bike at sulby bridge during his marshalled lap

John McGuinness was fastest on his superbike (122mph) an his TT legends team mate Keith Amor was 2nd fastest , Conor Cummings did a 116mph lap on his first closed roads lap after his horrific accident last year , Klaffi was the fastest of the sidecars with a 107mph lap , decent lap times despite quite a few wet an greasy sections around the course , the session was red flagged at approx 8.30pm due to heavy rain and hailstones on the mountain , an order went out for the travelling marshals to bring the racers back under red flag conditions , hopefully tonights practice will be dry and some higher lap speedswill be achieved :worthy
Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Post by Borntobewild »

Thought Amor wasn't gonna make it this year or was it just the NW ?
steve
Tank Slapper

Post by steve »

Amor an McPint only missed the NW200 because they were doing the 8 hour world endurance race at Albacete in Spain
Sheep24
Chopper
Current Ride: Kawasaki ER6supertwin & super stock 675R

Post by Sheep24 »

HOLLY poo
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Post by Coddy »

That would fairly wake up the folk in the pit lane. Must be doing 160-170 there.
Sheep24
Chopper
Current Ride: Kawasaki ER6supertwin & super stock 675R

Post by Sheep24 »

it is Paul Shoesmith on his Big Mans Wanger S1000R saw on my facebook sun was low and he thought he seen a bike in the middle of the road so as it probally sounded in his helmet"oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhh fekkkkkkkkkkkkk" :P
Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Post by Borntobewild »

Shame about the two side car racers losing their lives in practice yesterday. RIP.
baldy
Nocturnal Arse Blower

Post by baldy »

Borntobewild wrote:Shame about the two side car racers losing their lives in practice yesterday. RIP.
:( R.I.P

A statement has been issued by ACU Events Ltd following the incident during the second sidecar practice on Tuesday evening which saw the session brought to an end.

It reads:

"ACU Events Ltd regret to announce that sidecar competitor Bill Currie, 67, from Ellesmere Port, Cheshire and his passenger Kevin Morgan, 59, from Shrewsbury were both killed during the second sidecar qualifying session at the 2011 Isle of Man TT Races following an incident at Ballacrye in the North of the Island. The session was immediately red flagged following the incident."

"Bill was an experienced racer who first competed at the TT Races in 1969, when he recorded a third place finish. He finished 8th in last year’s TT sidecar Race in his fastest ever race time of 107.944. Kevin made his TT debut in 1984. This was the first year that the pair had competed together."

"Bill was divorced with 2 children and Kevin was single with two sons. The ACU wishes to pass on their deepest sympathy to the family and friends of both competitors."

ACU Events Managing Director Jim Parker said:

"I have known both Bill and Kevin for many years and am deeply saddened by their untimely death. They were a huge part of the sidecar paddock and will be sorely missed by everyone involved in the event."

The statement adds the Coroner of Inquests has been informed and an investigation into the circumstances of the accident is underway.
Newbus
Chopper
Current Ride: Triumph Triple

Post by Newbus »

RIP

Not a good start to the TT2011
garymitch
Mr Angry

Post by garymitch »

RIP
very sad
steve
Tank Slapper

Post by steve »

Practice went well tonight , conditions were perfect , a few retirements but everyone is gonna get home safe , everyones thoughts go out to the family an friends of Bill an Kev , RIP guys :worthy
baldy
Nocturnal Arse Blower

Post by baldy »

Last Nights Practice :2up

Kiwi Bruce Anstey, riding for the Yorkshire based Padgetts Honda Racing team, showed his hand with the fastest time of the week in the third qualifying session at the 2011 Isle of Man TT Races, fuelled by Monster Energy.

A cloudy day on the Isle of Man gave way to sunny intervals in time for Wednesday’s session but with a stiff breeze, competitors would have to take particular care, as expected, over the Mountain although the wind could be felt all the way round the 37 and ¾ mile course. There was also a lack of adhesion at Ballagarey reported ahead of the practice but with good visibility and dry roads, conditions were otherwise ideal for some high speed laps.

Guy Martin and Michael Dunlop who got the session underway slightly later than scheduled at 6.29pm, both on their Superbikes, and following them were Gary Johnson, Keith Amor, James Hillier, Bruce Anstey, Ryan Farquhar and Ian Lougher, all also Superbike mounted with the exception of Farquhar and Lougher who were on their Superstock and Supersport machines respectively. Dan Kneen was slow to leave the line but after a few adjustments he was soon on his way.

Martin was the first to complete the lap at 128.35mph with Dunlop right on his tail at 128.269mph, the Ulsterman later nosing ahead on the road, although it didn’t last long as he soon retired at Ginger Hall.

Johnson was the quickest though at 128.452mph whilst Amor, Anstey and Dan Stewart were all in the 127mph bracket with John McGuinness further back on 126.029mph, the Honda TT Legends rider immediately pulling in to make adjustments before getting back out on the course. Michael Rutter was going well on the Ducati at 125.69, only slightly slower than Cameron Donald on 125.76mph whilst Lougher was the quickest Supersport machine at 119.85mph.

Johnson and Amor were the quickest through the Sulby speed trap at 191.2mph but Davy Morgan again out of luck, this time getting as far as Quarry Bends, whilst Paul Owen, Jim Hodson and Brian McCormack were some of the other riders to experience technical problems.

Second time around and Martin upped his pace to 129.333mph but it was Anstey who went to the top of the leaderboard with a lap of 129.695mph, his best ever lap around the Mountain Course. Amor, who was trying a different tyre and suspension combination, dropped back to 126.42mph but Rutter was another to improve, this time to 126.811mph. William Dunlop was another to lap quicker than ever before at 125.872mph but McGuinness was slower still at 125.64mph whilst Ben Wylie got his first 120mph lap of the week in on his Supersport machine. Farquhar was again in trouble though, his second lap on the Superstock machine a lowly 95.99mph having stopped at Sulby before being able to proceed.

Martin, Johnson, Stewart and McGuinness all switched to their Supersport machines, the former initially quickest at 121.977mph but Donald, who was on his second lap on his 600, was going well at 125.110mph with William Dunlop later going second quickest at 123.959. Anstey, meanwhile, put in a speed of 124.396mph on his Superstock bike, the slightly lower speeds most likely due to the bright sun that was now shining, the clouds having completely dispersed to give way to clear blue skies.

Amor was later off at Quarterbridge on his Superstock bike, and was later reported to have a dislocated shoulder, whilst McGuinness stopped at the Mountain Box before proceeding with Lougher another high profile rider in trouble, this time retiring at Creg ny Baa.

The newcomers again continued to make good progress though and it was again Simon Andrews who was quickest at a highly impressive 119.465mph but Dean Harrison and Piotr Betlej were also going well at 114.83mph and 114.969mph respectively.

At 8pm, the sidecar session commenced with Klaus Klaffenbock and Daniel Sayle leading the field away from John Holden/Andy Winkle, Tim Reeves/Gregory Cluze and Conrad Harrison/Mike Aylott.

Klaffenbock’s first lap was 112.488mph with Holden and Reeves second and third at 111.066mph and 109.954mph but Elmer was a retirement at the Creg. Klaffenbock went quicker second time around at 113.754mph but Reeves was delighted with his lap of 111.379mph whilst Dougie Wright and Ben Birchall were both going well on their return to the Mountain, Wright lapping at 105.33mph and Birchall at 105.42mph.

Piotr Betlej was attended to by the red cross after an incident at Signpost but was confirmed as okay.

Hope Amor is ok to race GWS :2up
steve
Tank Slapper

Post by steve »

Only the sidecars got out tonight , after their session ended there was an oil spill on the course between kirkmichael and ballaugh , the session was abandoned and that part of the course is still closed so the oil can be cleaned up ,

Oh well time for a cheeky beer or 3 in the paddock bar :log :cheers
baldy
Nocturnal Arse Blower

Post by baldy »

Last Night :???

Conditions were perfect all around the Mountain Course for the Thursday evening practice session at the 2011 Isle of Man TT Races fuelled by Monster Energy but a road traffic incident at Ginger Hall caused a lengthy delay to proceedings.

There was further confusion when the sidecars got underway at 7pm as John Holden/Andy Winkle and Klaus Klaffenbock/Daniel Sayle were released from the line prematurely and ultimately stopped at Ballacraine.

At 7.07pm they were allowed on their way again as Tim Reeves/Gregory Cluze and Conrad Harrison/Mike Aylott set off down Glencrutchery Road in quick succession swiftly followed by Tony Elmer/Darren Marshall and Roy Hanks/Dave Wells.

Klaffenbock was quickest through the Sulby speed trap at 146.5mph followed by Reeves at 144.9mph although the latter did have a brief problem and dropped back on the road, his first lap being 95.422mph.

However, ahead on the road, Klaffenbock completed his lap at 113.245mph and Holden at 112.106mph.

After the gap on the road, Harrison crossed the line with a speed of 110.546mph, the only other driver to break the 110mph, Elmer lapping at 108.995mph and Gary Bryan/Jamie Winn slightly quicker at 109.286mph.

Reeves, unsurprisingly, pulled in for adjustments before continuing but Klaffenbock went straight through and improved second time around to 113.572mph as did Holden at 112.623mph. Harrison failed to go quicker but Elmer did, breaking the 110mph barrier for the first time this week whilst Bryan improved to 109.869mph and the Birchalls to 108.623mph. Meanwhile, Reeves’ second lap was 106.854mph.

The chairs’ session came to an end at 7.45pm but a delay due to oil being dropped between Kirk Michael and Alpine meant it the session was ultimately abandoned leaving just one session remaining before the opening Superbike race on Saturday. The sidecars started the qualifying session before the solo machines to allow the solo’s to practice controlled pit speeds.