Endurance 25th July - Anybody fancy it?

coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Endurance 25th July - Anybody fancy it?

Post by coullstar »

Ok, we do this every year for a bit of fun. Basically race solid for 2hrs in teams of two or more. This will probably include one of the dirt section but there easy enough to ride if your not competant. Anybody fancy it? Will probably use my bike for the whole time if there is interest from a couple of folk or maybe pair up with someone else to give it a break. Below is a breif outline for day.

Endurance race day on Sunday 25th July this is our chance to raise some funds for local charity. The much sought after trophy will again be up for grabs. The race day will have open practise in the morning for all racers.

Choose your own teams of 2 or more riders cost will be £100 per team and day AMCA memberships are available. The race will have an overall winner which all teams will compete for, and B team trophy which only teams with no top 10 riders are eligible for. If team with no top 10 riders wins overall then next team with no top 10 gets B trophy.
Zax
Derren Brown

Re: Endurance 25th July - Anybody fancy it?

Post by Zax »

I am in !
mattie
Direct Access
Current Ride: Yamaha WR125X

Post by mattie »

Where is this? it would be a good day out to come and watch.
RK6
Would you like a mushroom?
Current Ride: Hypermotard SP

Post by RK6 »

If you're stuck for folk, i'll easy do it.

Ridden offroad before which may help. :2up
Zax
Derren Brown

Post by Zax »

Last time it was held at Crail gokarting / supermoto circuit in Fife. :2up

Would have been good to watch :2up Worth a trip down especially if the weather is good .
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

Aye its down at Crail. I'll get rough costs for folk coming down as you will have to get a days membership if you want to ride.
Zax can tell you that the dirt section is fairly easy.
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

Ok looks like this is on. Zax has said he'll do it. Would ideally need one more. General plan is that we do about 20min then swap riders. Will have at least one dirt section but its a simple table top that can be ridden over without jumping. There will be practice in the morning which I'll let you guys go out on to get used to it. There are other novice guys taking part and its a bit of fun so dont be scared. If its wet there will be no dirt.

Cost wise is £100 per team. You will most likely need to pay a days membership to AMCA which is in the region of £15 I think.
If you have a petrol can its worth bringing it (Rowan ;) ). Only other things would be either one piece or zip together leathers. Ideally a back protector as well. Ive got 2 spare sets of motox boots size 9 and size 10. Normal road gloves and helmet is fine but motocross helmet is better.
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

Me + Zax so far. Its this Sunday coming. Anyone else fancy a days racing for less than £50?
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

Another good days racing. Our team had a good top ten finish. Only one spill during the day but I it wasnt me (ZAX!!!).

Bike seems to have survived relatively unscathed, same cannot be said for my ring piece!! :log
Zax
Derren Brown

Post by Zax »

Firstly a big thanks to Graham for the opportunity to have another go at the super Moto at Crail. :2up :2up
I am due you a pint and a set of hand guards.

Well what can I say about the day ……. Lets start with Oooooo I hurt really badly.
I feel like I have been hit between the shoulder blades by a length of 4x2” Timber.

I was thrown off the bike over the bars due to a moment of “ham-fisted-ness” trying to brake, downshift and start to turn the bike into the corner. The “bit of a highside” saw me neatly ejected over the bars landing on the track on my back. IT took more than few seconds for me to get my bearings and some air in my lungs and work out why everything was black (my goggles had moved) and by this time the session had been Red flagged.

After getting back to my surprisingly unsteady feet I took the bike back to the pits find out what the damage was. The hand guard had taken a bit of a beating so it was taken off and I went looking for a vice I could use for straightening it.

After a brief search one of the lads in the paddock gave us a shot of a couple of sets of vice grips and I managed to get it straightened out. The only other thing to fix was my head which was thumping, so a handful of painkillers did the trick.

The Race was of the usual format with a “le Mans” style start. And Graham did a fine job of sprinting to the bike.
Only a couple of yellow flag incidents were noted during the first two hours and we had a mid race position of 7.

At the end of the second hour the race was red flagged due to another person joining the “highside club” however his landing was not as compact as my own. As he came down he stuck an arm out and bust his collar bone.

As I was waiting on the grid for the restart Graham and Ross kept themselves amused by making a side bet on whether I would either stall the bike or Flip it off of the line a the Restart! What would have been more helpful would have been coming over and offering tips on how to avoid these scenarios.

Riders were sent off individually and then it was my turn …… the chuckling in the pits was almost audible as inevitably the front wheel made a bid for the sky ….(several times)

After a quick stint Graham was back out again, then Ross who had been putting in really consistent times throughout the day.
After the final laps the combined score was totalled up and we managed to finish in the top 10.

All in all another great day however today and tomorrow are not going to be so good as I can hardly shift my neck and arms.