Scarbourgh cock of the north

Forum from the scary world or road racing!
Sheep24
Chopper
Current Ride: Kawasaki ER6supertwin & super stock 675R

Scarbourgh cock of the north

Post by Sheep24 »

Well i had a intresting weekend :???

Went out in Qualfying on the Saturday morning. Qualfied 4th on the grid out of 30 odd riders on the 600 and 2nd on the grid on the ER6 out of 18 riders. So i was chuft with that.

Race 1 SS600
Front row Faquhar, Pearson, Lougher and ME :P Race started and went into first corner holding position and came out of hairpin missed a gear and went back to 9th went a wee bitty wrong after that :log caught up to the leading pack coming into mountside hairpin down the inside of 4guys back end desided it wanted to come round to see the front end whilst hard braking, let off front brake to straighten up and was aming straight for a rider so i decided to chuck the bike onto the deck instead of hitting the rider. Ran off the track and my left little finger started to throb, pulled glove off to a lovley sight :biggrin2 No skin on my finger and it was in a funny shape. Went to Hospital and i had broken My Knuckle and taken skin off my finger. So had a few beers on on saturday :2up

Sunday morning woke up felt not to bad so thought be aswell try going out in practice. Was passed by the doctor because i could get a glove on and grip his finger. Glove size was XXL as my hand was swollen up :log It was a wee bit sore but not to bad.

Cock of the north qualfying.

I managed to qulafy 13th on the grid and first 600 on the grid as the rest were 1000cc bikes infront of me. I was happy with that.

Race 1 SS600.
Off the front of the grid into first corner held position until the straight where Ben whylie's YZFR6 came past me on the straight like i was standing still :??? knuckle was sore through the race but managed to finish 5th and i was a second qiucker than i have been before. So for more power i have managed to kit a kit loom and ECU from MSS Kawasaki :2up

Race 2 Minitwins
Started off of 2nd on the grid. Came out of first corner 3rd and bike wouldnt go into gear. Banged bike into 2nd but went back to about 7th. Started passing a few lads and got stuck behind Mike Doukopul i dont know how to spell his name but Indi is his nickname. He blocked everywhere for 3laps so managed to finally pass him. Just after i passed him came in to farm bends which goes down hill then off camber left up hill and front end went and i came off skint arse and elbow :oops So a wee bit of damage to sort before we go to Mid-Antrim 150 next weekend :log

Decided not to go out in cock of the north just incase i made a right cock of myself ;)

But i decided i had a good weekend times better and on the front row so couldnt complain.

Joan i am catching up with you now for off's :eek

Cheers Craig
Newbus
Chopper
Current Ride: Triumph Triple

Re: Scarbourgh cock of the north

Post by Newbus »

Well done Craig . Hope the sore bits cure quickly . :2up
Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Post by Borntobewild »

Good going Craig - the best of luck in the next races. Hope you heal up soon.
axoM
Just Passed
Current Ride: Honda CBR1000RR, KTM Supermoto

Post by axoM »

Bad luck with the off's, you looked to be going really well on Saturday morning practice. All the best for the next meeting.
Crazy Turbo Beast
Chopper
Current Ride: Honda CBR600RR

Post by Crazy Turbo Beast »

Good story and well done.
So we have a few racers on here then and not just trackday buffs?

Question to the racers and trackday buffs - what is your riding like on the road?
Do you find that you get it all out of your system on the track?
Dickie
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: SV650, ER6 and a pikey van

Post by Dickie »

Good performance Craig, never mind about the offs. All part of the fun. :biggrin2

Good luck for the mid-antrim. :hippy
Sheep24
Chopper
Current Ride: Kawasaki ER6supertwin & super stock 675R

Post by Sheep24 »

Crazy Turbo Beast wrote:Good story and well done.
So we have a few racers on here then and not just trackday buffs?

Question to the racers and trackday buffs - what is your riding like on the road?
Do you find that you get it all out of your system on the track?
I used to be a jester on the road so thats why i started racing and i very rarley go out on road bikes now :oops When i do i find myself riding alot more sensible and not racing from point A-B.