FZ1 Arbarth AsSetto Corsa

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
oollit
Direct Access
Current Ride: RF900R, SS50

FZ1 Arbarth AsSetto Corsa

Post by oollit »

Recently stumbled across this picture when i was surfing the interweb,,,,

Found here... http://mcblog.eu/2008/11/15/Yamaha-fz1- ... tto-corsa/

I know a few of you on here have Fazers and I was wondering how much of this bike is "concept" and how much of it is standard Fazer.
I have been thinking about getting a Fazer for a while now, and seeing this picture has just made my mind up.

The front forks, wheel and exhaust look to be non stock.
The frame looks standard, as does the tank/seat/front mudgaurd and the front light so i was wondering if would be possible to make a decent replica without spending too much cash.

Any ideas?
Ninja Winja
Direct Access
Current Ride: Aprilia Shiver, Honda Cityfly

Re: FZ1 Arbarth AsSetto Corsa

Post by Ninja Winja »

NIIIIICE.... :worthy
OOzzes class. You gotta get one. Would look cool in yellow/white with black speed blocks.
I noticed you have an SS50. Does it run? My first bike was an SS50. Bought for £15 when I was 12. Wish I still had it now.
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Post by Coddy »

I think this bike was built by Tamworth Yamaha. They have built a few specials in the last few years.
Looks like Ohlins R&T forks, Marchesini wheels, brembo callipers, probably an Ohlins shock, and I'm sure it had either a Termignoni can or system.
Easy to build.
If you would like to build a special, don't do a replica of this. Make your own spec. Use different wheels, or different forks etc, and make up your own paint scheme. I did a R1 3 years ago, and a 1098 2 years ago, and easy to spec things up.

Will have something new next week though ;-)
Last edited by Coddy on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oollit
Direct Access

Post by oollit »

It has an akrapovic exhaust, I am hoping one of you can identify the can as i am hoping it was lifted of the shelf and not a one off.

The SS50 is in the middle of a nut & bolt restoration at the moment so it won't be running for a while yet.
oollit
Direct Access

Post by oollit »

Coddy wrote: snip...If you would like to build a special, don't do a replica of this. Make your own spec. Use different wheels, or different forks etc, and make up your own paint scheme... snip
It was the paint scheme that caught my eye, red and white on the black frame & engine. There is just something about it that appeals to me.
I could live with standard wheels and suspension but i would like the exhaust too.

It would be cheap enough to do a basic replica i.e. rip off their paint job.
If i could find a white Fazer then i can just paint on the stripes, or any Fazer and paint the lot.

Am i right in thinking this is the earlier Fazer - 2006 to 2008 rather than the 2008> model
Bufo
Direct Access
Current Ride: Honda VFR1200F
Honda Bros 650

Post by Bufo »

I think my 2008 model had a silver engine. not all had though.