Guy Martin

Forum from the scary world or road racing!
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Guy Martin

Post by steve »

Guy Martin has signed tor race for the Relentless by TAS Suzuki team in next year’s major road races.

The deal was finalised late on Sunday night and MCN was there at the team’s Moneymore-based workshops when Martin put pen to paper.

Martin’s priority will be the three international road races – the North West 200, Isle of Man TT and Ulster GP – but he’ll also race at the Southern 100, Scarborough Gold Cup, potentially one or two Irish nationals early in the year, and as many of the National Superstock championship rounds held at BSB meetings that he wants to do.

Martin initially contacted Relentless boss Philip Neill to see about running TAS-built Suzukis in his own team but it wasn’t long before the conversation steered to him joining the team itself.

“This is the best deal of my career,” said Martin. “There’s no more proven team than theirs. They’ve got 15 TT wins and while people will talk the talk about factory this and factory that, the TAS bikes are the real deal.”

Neill added: “I’m impressed by Guy’s commitment. He came to us looking for a ride. He initially came asking for bikes but it soon transpired that what he really wanted was to ride for our team.

"On top of that he’s very fast and has the potential to win TT races. I hope we can help achieve that together.”

There’s still intense speculation over who Martin will have as a team-mate on the roads. TAS tested with Michael Dunlop only two weeks ago.

They’re still said to be in talks with him and Ian Hutchinson. And they still haven’t cut their ties with 2010 riders Cameron Donald and Bruce Anstey
Borntobewild
Baw Bag

Re: Guy Martin

Post by Borntobewild »

Way to go Guy :worthy
dukeofpork
Direct Access
Current Ride: Ducati 996

Post by dukeofpork »

Have always liked Guy Martin, seems a really down to earth chap whenever he’s interviewed.
Cracking road racer but seems to be jinxed with bad luck in the TT's.
Would be a good bet now for a couple of wins at next year’s event! :2up
DinGuS
Direct Access
Current Ride: 1998 yellow Triumph Daytona T595

Post by DinGuS »

Bit gutted he wont get a win on a Honda after all that tbh, still hope he has better luck on a suzuki tho
steve
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Hmmm I wonder

Post by steve »

For anyone who may be interested , TT superstar Guy Martin will be appearing on our tv screens in a few days time , last year Guy made 6 half hour programs for the BBC , they are supposedly along the lines of the type of programs the late Fred Dibnah made years ago , the first program will be aired this coming Wednesday 2nd of march on BBC 1 (England only) sky channel 974 to 988 , it will also be shown on BBC 1 Scotland on Friday 4th march , both airings of this program will be at 7.30pm , i think it will be great to see Guy on primetime tv as I'm sure all of you who have either met him or know who he is will agree he is a larger than life character
Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!
Current Ride: Big sensible pretty bikes with big smooth tyres,
Small bikes with small lumpy tyres and a truck with HUGE lumpy tyres !

Post by Dave »

sounds good...do you think he had the odd cup of tea while filming :confused