Electrical guru required

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
metallninja
Big Nose
Current Ride: CB1000R

Re: Electrical guru required

Post by metallninja »

Just so happens I bought a box of heat srink last weekend! You got electrickery in your garage? Kettle on!
RK6
Would you like a mushroom?
Current Ride: Hypermotard SP

Post by RK6 »

chewbacca wrote:Sorry Rowan, I actually meant get rid of the plug completely cut the plugs/sockets off, join the cables together,soldered preferably, then cover with glue lined heat shrink.Unless you specifically want to keep the plug/socket setup for any reason that's the way I would go.
I can't get rid of the plug as it connects to the regulator rectifier (which is a box with 2 sockets) so it has to stay.
metallninja wrote:Just so happens I bought a box of heat srink last weekend! You got electrickery in your garage? Kettle on!
Wish i'd noticed this last night before I did it myself as i'm sure you would have done a better job. I rebuilt the bike today along with changing the sparks & a few other bits n bobs. Checked the battery voltage with the engine running & it's sorted. Took the bike for a test ride but noticed a leak from the generator casing, stopped for a look and there's a small crack near one of the bolts so I must have over torqued it. Barstewarding Yamaha obviously made them out of cheese. :evil

Limped home with an oily back tyre & now i'm playing the waiting game till I receive a new casing. :(
Akrapovic
ZZR1400.....Just like a Golf
Current Ride: ZX10R and MT-10.
Location: Either grafting, down the pub, being a hermit or at a track-day.

Post by Akrapovic »

RK6 wrote:I have failed again.
We knew something had to go wrong.........

Bad luck Rowan, hope you get it sorted out soon. :2up

Go and hit the JD. :boozer
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Post by Coddy »

So over torqued generator casings and the famous over torqued, screw driver bending oil filter.

Im sure operator error could be the symptom.
RK6
Would you like a mushroom?
Current Ride: Hypermotard SP

Post by RK6 »

Coddy wrote:So over torqued generator casings and the famous over torqued, screw driver bending oil filter.

Im sure operator error could be the symptom.
Yup, definitely operator error this time but i'm not taking blame for the oil filter incident. :nono