Valentino Rossi has asked for a Gresini Honda says Marco

Give us your views on the world of Moto GP
Akrapovic
ZZR1400.....Just like a Golf
Current Ride: ZX10R and MT-10.
Location: Either grafting, down the pub, being a hermit or at a track-day.

Valentino Rossi has asked for a Gresini Honda says Marco

Post by Akrapovic »

Valentino Rossi has asked for a Gresini Honda says Marco Melandri

http://www.twowheelsblog.com/post/6918/ ... o-melandri

The rumors that the once considered fairy tale marriage between Valentino Rossi and Ducati is heading towards an annulment are growing stronger; especially considering all his struggles in trying to tame the GP11 and 11.1 and despite the Italian saying “Will I stay with Ducati in 2012? I said I think so, meaning that I reckon that staying here is the logical choice.”

The latest gossip was that Rossi was thinking returning to the Honda fold or run his own MotoGP team with the Japanese manufacturer’s bike, but that was more or less pooh-poohed away, but now the soon-to-be-out of a job Marco Melandri has just lent some credibility to that rumor.

“I know that Valentino Rossi has contacted Gresini for a Honda in 2012: all this confirms what I’ve been saying for some time, that the marriage between the” Doctor “and Ducati have the months counted, said Melandri, who had his own personal stormy relationship with Ducati, that included sessions on a psychologist’s couch.

Whether this is just some summer gossip to fill websites remains to be seen, but that second year option in Rossi’s contract may allow him bow out and count his blessings, and try to forget a nightmare season where for the first time since 1996, he hasn’t had a win to add to his legendary statistics.

Source | theracingtribune.it