Moderators: al, Administrator

CBRXX
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: decisions decisions

Re: 2013 & Biking

Post by CBRXX »

didnt get out as much as planned either
did do the NW200 and will again this year plus a few west coast trips hopefully
reasons for not putting in the miles were first off the missus wrecked one of our cars and gave herself whiplash so couldnt go on the back, then when we did start getting half decent weather and I started commuting I just found myself takin the piss and had to have a word with myself a few times and decided it wasnt worth it with my lack of self control even on a varadero :oops so got a track bike to take it out on :biggrin2
But it doesn't go away and I'm lookin to get out on the bike this week again hopefully
Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!
Current Ride: Big sensible pretty bikes with big smooth tyres,
Small bikes with small lumpy tyres and a truck with HUGE lumpy tyres !

Post by Dave »

This year I intend to get to the west coast more often...only made it over there once in 2012

And mid week runs...must do more mid week runs this year
haiax0
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Ducati Hypermotard

Post by haiax0 »

Planning on a trip to crApple cross etc with in this month should the weather hold out as well! will thow up a post should any one be intrested! :2up
plastic orange
Direct Access
Current Ride: Urban Tiger Gay Blade and Honda X11

Post by plastic orange »

Dickie wrote:I bought a Falco from a fellow forum member back in March (remember that really warm week when we thought it was going to be a good summer?) and probably only got out on it half a dozen times. The last run was a solo jaunt back in October, a trip to Strowan (near Crieff) to visit my friend's grave on his birthday, that's why I remember the date. Anyway, it was pretty shizzle really. I counted four or five times when cars came round corners straddling the white line, hardly ideal on narrow roads like the Sma Glen. It was doubly irritating considering the mate whose grave I'd been visiting was killed by a car on the wrong side of the road.

Anyway, where was I? Yeah, could really have done without it and hasn't really got me enthused for covering huge distances next year. I don't want to pack in riding on the road but what can you do to protect yourself against idiots pulling that kind of crap? :confused

Just for the record I've never had a particular problem with bad drivers before, maybe I was feeling extra sensitive. :hippy

Totally know where you are coming from - for me it is tractors and 4 x4's - pay a fookin tention :evil
Driving standards are now piss poor, so it's getting less enjoyable out on the roads. I only did about 500 miles in 2012 - hardly worth having my bikes.

Pete
Big Little Dave
Tinky Winky
Current Ride: 2011 CB1000R

Post by Big Little Dave »

steve wrote:
Big Little Dave wrote:
steve wrote:Bunch of part timers :log
Coming from the man who told me you were not coming out to play till March :biggrin2 But as for miles yes compared to you we are part timers :log

Doing 2.5k in 6 months you will always be a pretender young mr H

I would have done more miles this year had it not been for electrical issues with my bike and spending time doing work on someone's 650 bandit !!!
Pretender? Besides you could have always said no on helping me. Anyhoo at least my mechanical knowledge of the bike is better, won't need your help as much next year (I hope :log )
stevemoid
Tube steak
Current Ride: 2015 R1200GSA

Post by stevemoid »

I'm planning on bringing the bike out of hibernation this weekend. Only popped it away about 3 weeks ago. But with the weather not being that bad, bugger it.

Firstly need to chuck a new battery in the zxr, and may I say Kawasaki have made that unnecessarily awkward. I can see a couple of bleeding fingers and a few f's and b's in the process.

Hoping to get at least a couple of thousand on the clock this year. Didn't get as much last, between the lack of decent weather and issues with the injectors on the bike. But if this weeks anything to go by weather wise, we'll be laughing. :D
g.cowen
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: 2012 KTM 990 SMT
VW Amarok
'91 750 Guzzi project...

Post by g.cowen »

Cracking day today - 14 Deg. C. had nice blast around the 'shire.
4th Jan., nice one !! :cool
CBRXX
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: decisions decisions

Post by CBRXX »

shiny new MOT today and a 65 mile detour on the way home in the shire :biggrin2
Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!

Post by Dave »

2013...A strange biking year for me :???

2013 started with a few biking days, but then the snow and ice hit, and hit hard until March...then I busted my leg, so that was another 6 weeks with next to no bike use :(
Before the end of spring I had done more car commuting days that I had done in all 2012...which was the most 'car days a year' I had done in ages :???

I planned to end the year with the bikes I started the year with :log :log :log
Failed with that plan...bye bye very sensible Honda NC700S ...hello panzer GSA
The KTM has survived another year...mind you it spent all the summer in the loving garage :angryfire , it needed spokes and a new rim for the MOT...but issues with the wheel supplier :angryfire and garage :angryfire kept it out of my hands for months :angryfire :angryfire ...then when I did get it back the loving battery was not the best :angryfire :angryfire ...I fixed that and now it is running GRRRRRRRRREAT :biggrin2 :biggrin2

Only one west coast run, and not too many mid week runs....again, just not good enough.

So a strange biking year, the least miles on two wheels I have done in ages :???

Roll on 2014... :biggrin2 :biggrin2
Zax
Derren Brown

Post by Zax »

sept 2012 - Sept 2013 = 300 miles beetwwn MOT's

No evening Runs
No West Coasters
No biking fun :(

Must try harder when I am in the country
Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!

Post by Dave »

Zax wrote:sept 2012 - Sept 2013 = 300 miles beetwwn MOT's

No evening Runs
No West Coasters
No biking fun :(

Must try harder when I am in the country

who are you :confused :biggrin2
The Rossi Kid
Make way for Noddy

Post by The Rossi Kid »

Dave wrote: who are you :confused :biggrin2
You recognise Zax don't you, he organised the night out between Christmas & New Year..........[FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk
Zax
Derren Brown

Post by Zax »

Technically I only suggested it :nono