Test advice

Myxomatosis
Baw Bag
Current Ride: ER6N + GROM

Test advice

Post by Myxomatosis »

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice on doing my full bike test and the best way to go about it.

Basically I did my CBT last year, commuting every day since so I have quite a lot of on road experience for a learner I guess. Got my theory test next month which should be fine I've got a full car license so surely it will be a cake walk... :cool

Now I am looking to get my practical tests booked

What is the best way to go about this? Book them all separately and do training on a bigger bike in between? or do it all on a 3 1/2 day course? is that enough to do when I have never rode anything bigger than a 125?

Any recommendations for any schools? I did my CBT with Biketec which i was happy with

cheers
Yarek
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: Kwak Z1000sx

Re: Test advice

Post by Yarek »

I did mine pretty much the same as you with the 125, then booking a DAS with Biketec in February last year. Can't recommend them enough - both the instructor and Eric (the owner), were really helpful.

I hadn't been on anything bigger than a 125 either - and I don't think you're allowed to unless you're under instruction. I do think having had a car license for years and understanding what traffic is likely to do helps a lot.

Also note that the bike instructor firms block book up slots with the test centres, so generally you're likely to get a booking pretty much when you want it.

Let me know if you've any more questions.
Hagar
Late Braker
Current Ride: CBF 1000GT

Post by Hagar »

if it were me I would do the DAS with Biketec, you know them and they will probably remember you also you get on a full licence quicker :2up
Tonster
Just Passed
Current Ride: Yamaha YZFR6

Post by Tonster »

At this time of year I would say DAS as presuming you intend to buy a bigger bike straight after your test you'll have more biking time before winter. :cool
aisgsimon
Knee Flapper
Current Ride: '88 VFR 750FJ

Post by aisgsimon »

Just do the DAS. I did mine last year ish with Simon and he was great. Never been on anything bigger than a 125 and its just about getting used to the bike that you will be using as the weight difference is startling at first. You obvisouly have the road sense and your instructor should make sure you have it all down for the test.
Myxomatosis
Baw Bag
Current Ride: ER6N + GROM

Post by Myxomatosis »

Cool I will give them a ring and see if I can get it booked : )