Removing Helmets

General Biker Banter

Moderators: al, Administrator

Myxomatosis
Baw Bag
Current Ride: ER6N + GROM

Re: Removing Helmets

Post by Myxomatosis »

I stop at a shell station on springfield road, never took my helmet off and they have never mentioned it.
stitch82
Chopper
Current Ride: kawasaki ZZR 600

Post by stitch82 »

Basically because of the distrusting age we live in because of dishonest folk ie..... theft, robbery etc they qant us to take our lids off for the cctv. As it stands any privat building allowing public in can ask you to do this as a condition of entry. But any sense would say that if you face can be seen then there isn't a security risk. In the way of religious clothing this does not count as under the human rights act you have the right to religious belief without fear.

Personally I have a full Face lid so has to come off.... I take great pleasure in taking as long as I need to put everything on and make the cage behind get annoyed I can't believe it's not butter!

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
sneezey
Just Passed
Current Ride: Tiger 1050

Post by sneezey »

stitch82 wrote: In the way of religious clothing this does not count as under the human rights act you have the right to religious belief without fear.
Biking is my religion. Anyone says it's not a religion is abusing me due to my religion. So I must be due some compensation somehwere...
aisgsimon
Knee Flapper
Current Ride: '88 VFR 750FJ

Post by aisgsimon »

:idea If only we could form some kind of charity we might be able to campaign for knocking VAT off fuel as it would be consumeable for use in religous ceremonies/charitable purpose ie going for a bimble. Just very flammable holy water I guess :shakeass
Coddy
Chavtastic!
Current Ride: 2011 Ecosse Arr Waan SP Special.
Location: I did see the speed limit officer, i just didn't see you....

Post by Coddy »

stitch82 wrote: take great pleasure in taking as long as I need to put everything on and make the cage behind get annoyed
+1.
stitch82
Chopper

Post by stitch82 »

aisgsimon wrote::idea If only we could form some kind of charity we might be able to campaign for knocking VAT off fuel as it would be consumeable for use in religous ceremonies/charitable purpose ie going for a bimble. Just very flammable holy water I guess :shakeass
Like this I can't believe it's not butter!

Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

stitch82 wrote:I take great pleasure in taking as long as I need to put everything on and make the cage behind get annoyed I can't believe it's not butter!
What's the point of that? It has nothing to do with the car driver. All that does is cause trouble between them and us. Then you'll be wondering why they block you from filtering. :roll
haiax0
Tank Slapper
Current Ride: Ducati Hypermotard

Post by haiax0 »

Gazza wrote:
stitch82 wrote:I take great pleasure in taking as long as I need to put everything on and make the cage behind get annoyed I can't believe it's not butter!
What's the point of that? It has nothing to do with the car driver. All that does is cause trouble between them and us. Then you'll be wondering why they block you from filtering. :roll
I concur... I am both a car driver and a bike rider.. I wont be an erse to any one who does not deserve it.
Yarek
Scary biscuits
Current Ride: Kwak Z1000sx

Post by Yarek »

haiax0 wrote:I concur... I am both a car driver and a bike rider.. I wont be an erse to any one who does not deserve it.
Same here, mind I do feel a bit of an arse head nodding by mistake when I'm driving the car :log :2up
stitch82
Chopper

Post by stitch82 »

Meant to say.... when I have that impatient cage edging forward as there is no space to get round I take great pleasure in taking as long as I need to put everything on and make the cage behind get annoyed I can't believe it's not butter!......really should read things before I post them

Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

I usually push the bike away from the pump before I've paid, allowing the following person to get in bit earlier.
stitch82
Chopper

Post by stitch82 »

Never thought of that gazza. Tht could save me hassel cheers

haiax0
Tank Slapper

Post by haiax0 »

Gazza wrote:I usually push the bike away from the pump before I've paid, allowing the following person to get in bit earlier.
:2up same here
Coddy
Chavtastic!

Post by Coddy »

Gazza wrote:I usually push the bike away from the pump before I've paid, allowing the following person to get in bit earlier.
I don't.
You won't find many car drivers doing that for bikes, before going in to pay for the weekly shop they are about to do and for the fivers worth of petrol.
robertjt
Direct Access
Current Ride: Big Mans Wanger S1000R

Post by robertjt »

As above. Don't do it when I'm in my car, so, can't see the diff if I'm on me bike.
haiax0
Tank Slapper

Post by haiax0 »

If I can help some one on there way and there is space for me to let some one fill up while I queue in line to pay then why wouldnt I do so.. :???

People regularly do it for me when they see me waiting behind them to fill up a vehicle... Maybe its Karma at work :arse
Yarek
Scary biscuits

Post by Yarek »

Coddy wrote:
I don't.
You won't find many car drivers doing that for bikes, before going in to pay for the weekly shop they are about to do and for the fivers worth of petrol.
Been a f*cking long time since you filled a car up then mate? :log
Coddy
Chavtastic!

Post by Coddy »

Au Contraire, just put in £120 worth of diesel about an hour ago.
BruceT
Direct Access

Post by BruceT »

Ok, off topic - what's the cant believe its not butter chat going on??
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

Coddy wrote:
I don't.
Lead by example. Others will follow.

If there's a big queue I'll do the same with a car.
reclaimer
Direct Access
Current Ride: Ah hell, all gone, but still have the little 'ol VL1500

Post by reclaimer »

Had this happen a couple of times...I just use another garage instead...f*ck 'em... :x
Yarek
Scary biscuits

Post by Yarek »

BruceT wrote:Ok, off topic - what's the cant believe its not butter chat going on??
The site has a rather unusual swearing filter, that doesn't filter swearing, but internet speak. So it autocorrects things like w...t...f... if written together to "I can't believe it's not butter" and the most popular phone (the one with a number 5) to "iPhone (yes I have no personality and truly believe that having a fancy phone IS the way to win friends and hopefully get laid!)" and the manufacturer to "crApple". :roll
Dave
Enjoys a nice shaft!
Current Ride: Big sensible pretty bikes with big smooth tyres,
Small bikes with small lumpy tyres and a truck with HUGE lumpy tyres !

Post by Dave »

Yarek wrote:
BruceT wrote:Ok, off topic - what's the cant believe its not butter chat going on??
The site has a rather unusual swearing filter, that doesn't filter swearing, but internet speak. So it autocorrects things like w...t...f... if written together to "I can't believe it's not butter" and the most popular phone (the one with a number 5) to "iPhone (yes I have no personality and truly believe that having a fancy phone IS the way to win friends and hopefully get laid!) (yes I have no personality and truly believe that having a fancy phone IS the way to win friends and hopefully get laid!)" and the manufacturer to "crApple". :roll

This site has rather unusual admin !
BruceT
Direct Access

Post by BruceT »

Yarek wrote:
The site has a rather unusual swearing filter, that doesn't filter swearing, but internet speak. So it autocorrects things like w...t...f... if written together to "I can't believe it's not butter" and the most popular phone (the one with a number 5) to "iPhone (yes I have no personality and truly believe that having a fancy phone IS the way to win friends and hopefully get laid!) (yes I have no personality and truly believe that having a fancy phone IS the way to win friends and hopefully get laid!)" and the manufacturer to "crApple". :roll
Thanks! Explains a lot. I thought it was a peculiar humour in the North East.
Graeme
International Man of Mystery
Current Ride: GSX-R750

Post by Graeme »

Resurrecting an old thread here.

First biking day of the year, serviced at Ecosse this morning then and decided to treat my bike to a tank of Nitro+ at the Shell garage on N. Anderson Drive. Pay at pump not working (again). Standing in queue with card in hand and ready to pay, and got asked to remove helmet. I politely refused and got some waffle about company policy. Refused again, quoted same policy line again.

When I got to the till I pointed out if the pay-at-pump was working I wouldn't be in the shop debating about whether I should be taking my helmet off or not, and then asked if I could pay. Paid by card got my receipt, got reminded about company policy AGAIN and then left.

So it seems they're very good about quoting policy, but not enforcing it where it is resisted. Given the fact that I'd already taken the fuel and had the means to pay I really don't see how they can make such a song and dance about it at the till.

Bunch of wazzocks. I've never believed the 'taking my custom elsewhere' approach really achieves anything apart from self imposed inconvenience, so I suppose it ultimately boils down to a battle of wills. And trying very hard to remain composed.

:hippy :freebird