The arguments have started already

Give us your views on the world of Moto GP
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

The arguments have started already

Post by Gazza »

Vale had a moan at Jorge during and after free practise 4 because he felt he was baulked. I captured this screenshot just as Vale was doing a practise start after the altercation. Not so obvious on a still, but if you have a video pass for MotoGP and check out the end of the session (just after 45 mins), you'll see Jorge give the w@nker sign as he rides off. I'll bet somebody points it out to Vale. :P
Jorge V Rossi.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Re: The arguments have started already

Post by Gazza »

Vale wrote:What you f**king want
www.crash.net wrote: UPDATE: The obvious friction between Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo continued when asked about 2017 contracts.

Lorenzo commented that Rossi's decision to re-sign was easier since he had no other options. Rossi responded to rumours that Lorenzo may leave Yamaha for Ducati by saying 'changing bikes takes balls, so he will remain'.

Just hours after re-signing for Movistar Yamaha, Valentino Rossi found himself tangling with team-mate and reigning MotoGP champion Jorge Lorenzo.

The pair crossed paths during final practice for this weekend's Qatar season-opener, Rossi immediately gesturing his frustration to Lorenzo at being held up. The arm-waving then continued at the end of the session, as they lined-up to do a practice start.

“He exited from the pit without looking at the track and when he arrived at the first corner he tried to slow down, but he was on the line,” Rossi explained. “The problem is that I say 'why?' and I expect 'sorry', but he [look] to me like 'what you f**king want?'

“Then when we try the practice start I go to him again, but anyway...”

Speaking in the earlier press conference, Lorenzo - who is yet to accept his new Yamaha contract offer - said he was confused as to why Rossi appeared so agitated by the incident:

"In my opinion he had no reason to complain. Everyone knows when you exit the pits you cannot stop [completely] to let them past. The only thing you can do is stay on the white line. I cannot be in the gravel. What can I do? If he is still angry with me I don't know the reason, you have to ask him."
Read more at http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/228625 ... mr4Q22D.99
KoDen
Just Passed
Current Ride: Yamaha YZFR6

Post by KoDen »

In the post race report Jorge said he still think about what to do. Even the question was build that way, to see if he made his decision after seeing Ducati performance in the race.
Coully
Knee Flapper
Current Ride: 1988 CBR 600FL jellymould Gone
1990 VFR 750FL - Gone
1999 VFR 800Fix -Gone
2006 K1200s

Post by Coully »

i feel for the management team having to "manage" those two. I just switch off from all their crap now
willian
Late Braker
Current Ride: versatile system type bike....

Post by willian »

The Lorenzo documentary from last season on Sky is really good.

I got the impression Lorenzo has gotten fed up of everyone having to bow down to Valentinos wants needs and opinions and started back with the mind games which I don't think Rossi was expecting to see.

Lorenzo came across as a really decent guy wanting to best the best he can.

Check it out.
Coully
Knee Flapper
1990 VFR 750FL - Gone
1999 VFR 800Fix -Gone
2006 K1200s

Post by Coully »

don't get me wrong I like Lorenzo, he was my favourite rider for a time, and I like the way he goes about hi business but the poo that goes on between them is just tiresome, vale could do well just to zip it, take the high ground and let his racing do the talking for a bit.
willian
Late Braker

Post by willian »

Rossi won't zip it, he's Italian :log
Coully
Knee Flapper
1990 VFR 750FL - Gone
1999 VFR 800Fix -Gone
2006 K1200s

Post by Coully »

aye, its wishful thinking sadly, plus my wife thinks his accent is hilarious
willian
Late Braker

Post by willian »

He is great entertainment, and certainly doesn't act his age.

Could do without the teenage bickering though, i don't think he's accepted the fact that Lorenzo has learned to play the mind games that Rossi is / was great at.
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

A pretty piss poor effort by Lorenzo who doesn't blame the bike.
Jorge at http://www.crash.net wrote: “I cannot be happy. Conditions were not perfect, but it was the same for everyone,” Lorenzo said. “Half of the riders more-or-less crashed and the other half stayed on the bike. It was not easy. I didn't know how to ride the same as the first riders and, not only that, I also didn't have the patience to stay on the bike."

The Spaniard explained that a lack of focus led to him going off-line slightly at turn one, sending him into the path of a damp patch.

“A difficult corner because there was just a tight line that was completely dry. The other lines had a lot of damp patches, so if you enter a little too fast or too wide it was difficult to stay on the bike,” he said. “Unfortunately I made a mistake. Normally in dry or with full wet I'm very focussed, very concentrate. But today I wasn't riding very well, or focussed for these particular conditions.”

Why weren't you as focussed?

“Because I wasn't competitive. Because the patches were there and didn't dry up. And I wasn't competitive enough to be as fast as the other riders. They stayed on the bike and I didn't.”
Not very impressive to hear from a world champion and more evidence of his lack of abilty to compete when he has to actually race somebody, rather than just fcuk off at the front.

Meanwhile, Maniac Joe will be as popular as a bucket of poo in the Ducati camp after helping his best pal Vale claim 2nd place. :log
Coully
Knee Flapper
1990 VFR 750FL - Gone
1999 VFR 800Fix -Gone
2006 K1200s

Post by Coully »

well, that's just lorenzos style, he's a time trialist. him vs the track, if you can hang on and fluster him you've got a shot. the rest race each other, what a thing to see though, him... smooth as you like and marquez getting his Honda all out of shape. a treat for the eyes
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

I wonder how many more times Cal will fall off before the end of his MotoGP career? :roll
KoDen
Just Passed

Post by KoDen »

I think he was more fortunate on Yamaha. Since he swap the bike, he started crash every race.
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

KoDen wrote:I think he was more fortunate on Yamaha. Since he swap the bike, he started crash every race.
Yes, but falling off is falling off. Better to stay on the bike and lose a few places than to fall off. I think he is trying a little too hard. So hard that he'll lose the ride.
KoDen
Just Passed

Post by KoDen »

Gazza wrote:
KoDen wrote:I think he was more fortunate on Yamaha. Since he swap the bike, he started crash every race.
Yes, but falling off is falling off. Better to stay on the bike and lose a few places than to fall off. I think he is trying a little too hard. So hard that he'll lose the ride.
Yes. Just like Rossi said last year about Marquez "everything or nothing", after crush in Argentina.

As well he remind me Rossi, after moving to Ducati. He wasn't very fortunate as well.
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

Vale wasn't as reliable with Ducati as he was with the Yamaha and he certainly had a few extra offs due to the lack stability at the front compared to the Yamaha he was used to. But generally, he finished once he got used to it.

That's the difference between a great rider and a good rider.

Vale has been in the top 5 for the last 23 races or so until Sunday. That is not down to luck. His greatest skill is not falling off. He almost won the world championship last year due to that very fact. Marc and Jorge didn't stay on the bike last year.
Coully
Knee Flapper
1990 VFR 750FL - Gone
1999 VFR 800Fix -Gone
2006 K1200s

Post by Coully »

Aye, its nae been great for cal. The Honda does seem to be tricky to get to grips with, look at Rabat, he isn't exactly doing great either. I do agree he probably is trying to over compensate by riding it hard when staying on and finishing would be better.
The new electronics do seem to have levelled the playing field re: performance, gotta love the wings on the ducatis, but the old issue of a man getting to the front and smoking the rest of the field does mean it can be a bit of a bore. otherwise the fights all down the field are good
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

So Lorenzo is having a moan that Vale used Vinales to get his pole position yesterday. That's why he'll never be a great champion. He always blames, machinery, tyres or other people when he doesn't get it right.

Didn't see him complaining when Marc helped him become world champion last year.

Meanwhile Vale admits that he beat Vinales to pole position by getting a tow down the final straight. Isn't that what qualifying is all about and don't they all do it when they can? It's allowable in the rules. Good job Jorge isn't in the Moto3 class, he'd never shut up.

Don't miss the race today.
Mugello always delivers the goods, particularly the Moto3
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

:2up
Coully
Knee Flapper
1990 VFR 750FL - Gone
1999 VFR 800Fix -Gone
2006 K1200s

Post by Coully »

Shame vales engine blew up ;) we'll never know if he could've won. Bit odd tho...2 Yamaha engine failures on the same day on 2 bikes.
Nice last lap tete a tete between lorenzo and marquez tho. Pity iannone screwed his start
Gazza
I don't believe it!

Post by Gazza »

As expected an awesome weekend of racing. The Moto3 race was fantastic, Moto2 was chaotic and MotoGP delivered excellent racing both before and after the loss of Vale.

Such a shame for Vale's bike to blow during the race as it really puts him behind in the championship chase. Had the 4th practise finished 1 lap earlier then we'd have seen Jorge's engine also fail during the race rather than practise, so he was extremely lucky in that respect.

Watching the race Vale seemed very comfortable and quicker than Jorge as every time he lost a second or two with attempted overtaking manouevres, he quickly pulled back the difference. Would have been good to see him in front for a lap or two at least, but excellent defensive riding by Jorge.

The Italian fans must have been mortified to see the two Spaniards on the podium for sure.

And Vale's comment regarding the engine failure - "In English they say 'poo happens'! This is today. It is like this, but is very important to be strong and try to take from this bad moment extra energy for the next race in Barcelona."