Well this should be interesting...

Give us your views on the world of Moto GP
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Well this should be interesting...

Post by Gazza »

Mercedes leaves door open for Hamilton MotoGP try-out
www.crash.net wrote: Lewis Hamilton has been given permission to fulfil his wish of trying a MotoGP bike after Mercedes F1 boss Toto Wolff gave him the go ahead to arrange a test.

Hamilton has repeatedly spoken of his desire to get a go on a MotoGP bike, while the three-time F1 world champion having identified Valentino Rossi as one of his racing heroes.

Speaking during pre-season testing, Hamilton was full of praise for the quality of racing in MotoGP and Rossi, saying, 'I really need to try a MotoGP bike because MotoGP is so cool and more exciting to watch I would say and is closer racing. Valentino is incredible and is my favourite as he is for a lot of people.'

Now he could get his wish, with Wolff quoted by Gazzetta dello Sport - and confirmed to Crash.net - that not only would he potentially allow it to happen, he says he think it sounds 'like a fun idea'.

The Yamaha M1 is expected to be the bike of choice, with Lin Jarvis also quoted as saying it is an idea to consider, albeit only that at this moment.

Rossi has previously tested a Ferrari F1 car.