undertray for Bandit 1200

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
speedaddictedberk
Knee Flapper
Current Ride: Speed Triple 1050, GPZ600R, K100Rt

undertray for Bandit 1200

Post by speedaddictedberk »

I'm thinking about fitting an undertray to my 98 1200 bandit, prefferably one with lights and indicators built in.
Has anyone has any experiance with a french company called FSD?
or Powerbronze undertrays?

Cheers.
fish
Just Passed
Current Ride: Street Triple

Post by fish »

Nope sorry but I got a good deal from Rhencullen :2up
Zax
Derren Brown

Post by Zax »

hey buddy ..

give Wiz a Pm . he got a super smert undretray for his R1 probably one of the neatest fittting trays that i have seen.

but I cant remember who made it . :(
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

I think it was an Ermax undertray I fitted to my old style Bandit ( same shape as your 12 ).

What ever one you go for they are pretty much the same to install. Just cut small sections from the origonal fender at a time and offer up the new tray to see if you need to cut anymore. Ger yourself a dremmel or a coping saw and a few spare blades. The lights shouldn't be a problem but hake sure the tray has a number plate light or you'll have to get yourself some of those bolts with the white LEDS in them to shine in the plate.

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian).
speedaddictedberk
Knee Flapper

yipee an ecscuse to buy a dremel!!

the ones with indicators built in may not pass an MOT it seems..... :(
yelloisfriedegg
Late Braker
Current Ride: 4 motion transporter or a pair of twintips

Post by yelloisfriedegg »

Buy a draper multi-tool , half the price of the dremel , comes with lots of attachments , does just as good a job.

I bought a dremel when we were racing , it had a lot of abuse and died eventually , the motor / brushes just gave up the ghost.

I replaced it with draper (on basis of price) and so far it is just as good and still going strong :I can't believe it's not butter!
rustik
Direct Access

Post by rustik »

The lights shouldn't be a problem but hake sure the tray has a number plate light or you'll have to get yourself some of those bolts with the white LEDS in them to shine in the plate.
wots wrong with the LED's like?

I got a plain undertray of ebay, for indicators i have the light cluster they sell from banditmania where the lights are mounted either side of the rear brake light. I like it.....
al
Mass Debater

Post by al »

Either of you Bandit owners interested in a brand new NWS footrest jack up kit including a longer gear change rod ??

speedaddictedberk
Knee Flapper

Rustik (Reg Prescott) wrote:

I got a plain undertray of ebay, for indicators i have the light cluster they sell from banditmania where the lights are mounted either side of the rear brake light. I like it.....
the undertray i was looking at has indicators in the same place, has yours passed an MOT with this on yet? as other forums have suggested that the indicators might be too close together. :???

as for the footrests, mines got the jack up kit on, i'm not in any danger of grinding the pegs!

Cheers
al
Mass Debater

Post by al »

speedaddictedberk wrote:
Rustik (Reg Prescott) (Reg Prescott) wrote:

the undertray i was looking at has indicators in the same place, has yours passed an MOT with this on yet? as other forums have suggested that the indicators might be too close together. :???

as for the footrests, mines got the jack up kit on, i'm not in any danger of grinding the pegs!

Cheers
Mine went through the MOT with the same light cluster that Rustik has :up
It's a much nicer looking solition, IMHO, that the undertrays with the built in lights.

My Bandit has the jackup suspension kit and I still managed to deck out the pegs hence why I went for the footrest kit as well!

rustik
Direct Access

Post by rustik »

Yep, mine went through the MOT (twice) no issues at all re the indicators, apart from where the bulb fell out of it's holder (it has now smashed and can't seem to get a replacement to fit) :x

Mine also has the jack-up kit and managed to scrape a peg (once only), does the 600 jackup kit fit on the daddy 12 Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian)?

might be interested (note to self....... must stop buying gear for the bandit and not fitting it)

anyone want a black front mudgaurd, standard rear can, standard rear indicators, standard chain gaurd for a B12??

rustik
Gazza
I don't believe it!
Current Ride: KTM 690 Duke

Post by Gazza »

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) wrote: My Bandit has the jackup suspension kit and I still managed to deck out the pegs hence why I went for the footrest kit as well!
No doubt all those sandwiches in your top box were to blame. :I can't believe it's not butter!
speedaddictedberk
Knee Flapper

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian) wrote:
My Bandit has the jackup suspension kit and I still managed to deck out the pegs hence why I went for the footrest kit as well!

must try harder :oops
al
Mass Debater

Post by al »

Gazza wrote:No doubt all those sandwiches in your top box were to blame. :I can't believe it's not butter!
Nah, but I cant rule out my spare tyre being to blame ;)
al
Mass Debater

Post by al »

Rustik (Reg Prescott) wrote:Mine also has the jack-up kit and managed to scrape a peg (once only), does the 600 jackup kit fit on the daddy 12 Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian)?
It fits both the 1200 & 600 all years :up