RSV suspension help

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
Needles
Late Braker
Current Ride: K6 gixer thou

RSV suspension help

Post by Needles »

Looking for some good advice please people,went out today for the first time in a month for a wee run,"in the dry",bike felt a little edgy,put it down to the wind/maybe tyre pressures,came back ,pressures were down by about 3-4 psi also noticed that i had a squeak from the back end when pushed down on,thought maybe cause it been lying 4 a bit,sorted the pressures went back out ,still didn't feel great,little better,then the rain came and feck me i was struggling to keep bike upright on ANY corners,bike kept wanting to drive through the corner instead of round it,taking it easy aswell!!!,any suggestions please and can anyone recommend some where to get the susp set up /checked over cause something Isn't right,cheers
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

Squeek at from the rear suspension could be a seized rear suspension link. If the rear suspension isn't working properly then it will put additional load on the front making that feel worse.

First thing I'd do before changing any settings would be to check the linkages are free and lubricated.

Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian).
Needles
Late Braker

Post by Needles »

ok cheers Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian),will check that this weekend at somepoint,just seems strange how it was perfect before my last trip away so could well that,
Zathos
Mr Magpie
Current Ride: Aprilia Tuono Factory R

Post by Zathos »

That happened to my rear suspension on my GPZ. Whole thing locked solid. I ended up stripping the read end to loosen it up again.
Needles
Late Braker

Post by Needles »

cheers Big Kneed Al (master of the emergency stop & "stand up" comedian),stripped the back end today,complete bottom of shock link / bracing arm and the pivot arm completely seized solid !!, tight as a nuns ahem ma lord,,mmm the joy of riding right through winter,never mind at least i know what the problem is now (i hope thats the problem anyway) :2up ,at least i made it through 20 mins of a run this time,who knows the bike might make it through a whole run next time :roll :eye :boing
al
Mass Debater
Current Ride: Space Hopper

Post by al »

I have my uses. Just need to find time to do the same on my bike before it ends up the same way. :oops